2024 Ski - Doo

attakman

Your thought?
I'll start
Pleasantly surprised by the Gen5 4 strokes...didnt expect that this year.
Knew the 850 turbo was coming, and is more trick than I expected.
Some cool new gadgets...shot start on the two stroke trail models, and led hand guard signal lights..very cool
Disappointed that more models didn't have smart ride as an option...should be on the enduros, and the luxury edition of the grand touring...cant get smart shocks on the 900 ace or turbo 130 (the model I most want)
And I still think ski doo should add DPS to the grand touring and 4 stroke enduro models.
But overall...a solid line up with something for everybody..like the colors and graphics this year as well (on several models.. very eye catching)

attakman

led hand guard signal lights

What do they signal?
You have to watch the video...Green means all clear (Nobody behind you, or u are last in group)...yellow means riders coming, and flashing yellow is to signify a trail hazard ahead

Hoosier

I'm not a skidoo guy, but didn't they use to allow for more customization? I was looking at the trail sleds, and it's all ripsaw or the ripsaw with preinstalled studs.

indy_500

Happy with all of the mentioned above, especially a gen 5 4s. Disappointed no new 650-680 motor and disappointed in track options and customization (I’ve never paid too much attention to Doo snowcheck, so this may be normal). Their renaming of the sleds is also odd. Renegades are now all 4 strokes, and you can get a mxz in 129 or 137. I do think it’s awesome you can get a 137 blizzard now (that’s what I really wanted for my 2023) but the blizzard msrp jumped about $1500, making it almost the same cost as an X model. A 137” adrenaline 850 is about $500 more as well.

On the flip side we are probably only a year away or less from seeing discounts on new snowmobiles again, which will negate the price increases…

Last edited:

Highflyer

You have to watch the video...Green means all clear (Nobody behind you, or u are last in group)...yellow means riders coming, and flashing yellow is to signify a trail hazard ahead
Nobody seems to have hand signals figured out and now this will be out there. Not a chance the average rider will understand this.

old abe

A
Your thought?
I'll start
Pleasantly surprised by the Gen5 4 strokes...didnt expect that this year.
Knew the 850 turbo was coming, and is more trick than I expected.
Some cool new gadgets...shot start on the two stroke trail models, and led hand guard signal lights..very cool
Disappointed that more models didn't have smart ride as an option...should be on the enduros, and the luxury edition of the grand touring...cant get smart shocks on the 900 ace or turbo 130 (the model I most want)
And I still think ski doo should add DPS to the grand touring and 4 stroke enduro models.
But overall...a solid line up with something for everybody..like the colors and graphics this year as well (on several models.. very eye catching)
Attakman, I'm bit off post here, but what are you hearing for MPG's on the 900 turbo 130? Seems as many are using Reg grade gas in them?

goofy600

Really would like to get enduro 900t for wife, price is about a grand more than last year but you get the 10.25 tv screen standard which is way overkill for most and probably where extra cost comes from. Really wish that was an option along with a track option. Would rather stud a track than the ice ripper.

whitedust

Really would like to get enduro 900t for wife, price is about a grand more than last year but you get the 10.25 tv screen standard which is way overkill for most and probably where extra cost comes from. Really wish that was an option along with a track option. Would rather stud a track than the ice ripper.
As we discussed on trail we bring up 1 screen and leave it there all the different screens seem useless to me not what I want to pay for or use on trail. Still waiting for 4s eps to update and smart shocks on the enduro. Ride lites don’t care been out there a long time

attakman

A

Attakman, I'm bit off post here, but what are you hearing for MPG's on the 900 turbo 130? Seems as many are using Reg grade gas in them?
I am being told 20 to 21 mpg.....which is 3 to 4 mpg better than my 1200....also a more quiet motor, that is smoother, and they really seem to have the ITC dialed in better.
Oops missed this part Abe....ALL turbo models run 91 (including the 130 turbo)...unfortunately, that is the one thing my 1200 can do that the turbos can't (run on 87 octane)

Last edited:

attakman

Happy with all of the mentioned above, especially a gen 5 4s. Disappointed no new 650-680 motor and disappointed in track options and customization (I’ve never paid too much attention to Doo snowcheck, so this may be normal). Their renaming of the sleds is also odd. Renegades are now all 4 strokes, and you can get a mxz in 129 or 137. I do think it’s awesome you can get a 137 blizzard now (that’s what I really wanted for my 2023) but the blizzard msrp jumped about $1500, making it almost the same cost as an X model. A 137” adrenaline 850 is about $500 more as well.

On the flip side we are probably only a year away or less from seeing discounts on new snowmobiles again, which will negate the price increases…
ski doo doesn't need a 650....the 600 etec is the BEST 600 class two stroke ever built (argue with me...lol)

attakman

100 percent agree that smart ride should be on the grand touring and enduro 4 models....I can't stand that air ride.. (lots of issues with those).....and DPS needs to happen on those models

indy_500

ski doo doesn't need a 650....the 600 etec is the BEST 600 class two stroke ever built (argue with me...lol)
I’m not trying to downplay how good of a motor Doo has with their 600. I just feel like the power difference between their 600 and 850 is too substantial. I don’t need the power my 850 has, and would prefer something in the 140 hp range, and I know I’m not alone.

erkoehler

The turbo mxz is a significant increase over the cost of the Polaris boost I'm riding this year. MSRP was over $25k once I added all options.

attakman

I’m not trying to downplay how good of a motor Doo has with their 600. I just feel like the power difference between their 600 and 850 is too substantial. I don’t need the power my 850 has, and would prefer something in the 140 hp range, and I know I’m not alone.
and thats why I'd buy the Turbo 130 (4 stroke)...just a bit more than a 600, but less than the turbo Rs...more 700 class performance (which was my choice of engine back in the day)

attakman

The turbo mxz is a significant increase over the cost of the Polaris boost I'm riding this year. MSRP was over $25k once I added all options.
True...but smart ride is worth it, and the new cooling system will be interesting....shot start, and launch control are added bonus

erkoehler

True...but smart ride is worth it, and the new cooling system will be interesting....shot start, and launch control are added bonus
I'm not 100% on the shot start being an advantage, I don't mind the electric start. The weight savings is a non starter for me in the long run.

I had smart ride on my 2022 Turbo R and it worked awesome when it worked. Unfortunately I had wiring issues, and it only worked for 2 days.