2024 Ski - Doo

attakman

I'm not 100% on the shot start being an advantage, I don't mind the electric start. The weight savings is a non starter for me in the long run.

I had smart ride on my 2022 Turbo R and it worked awesome when it worked. Unfortunately I had wiring issues, and it only worked for 2 days.
Well that sucks...so far we've not had any issues with the smart ride units that have gone out of here the last two years.

attakman

I honestly don't need the fancy gauges either...just give me the basic gauge...(I would NEVER use GPS while riding, nor do I care about bluetooth for music etc...guess I'm just an old fart...lol.)..I just wanna ride, and not care about where I'm going nor when I'll get there.

I also dislike that the four strokes all have the electric reverse accuator....I prefer manual reverse.

SledTL

Anyone have a chance to ride the turbo 130 and see if the throttle is any better? Previous models had such a mushy throttle and don't have the instant feel that my Viper has or what a 1200 had. The fact I can just blip the throttle and get torque instantly is what would push me to a 900r. But the price and horsepower of the 130 is honestly more in line for interesting me.

whitedust

Anyone have a chance to ride the turbo 130 and see if the throttle is any better? Previous models had such a mushy throttle and don't have the instant feel that my Viper has or what a 1200 had. The fact I can just blip the throttle and get torque instantly is what would push me to a 900r. But the price and horsepower of the 130 is honestly more in line for interesting me.
My sweet spot is 150 hp but 140 Hp would be ok too. 130 leaves doubt especially for a turbo it’s just boost I wonder if doo will punch up130 to 140? That’s a big jump to 180hp idk?

dfattack

Ok What is smart ride?

Pete, if you are referring to mine yes it caused an issue and is now fixed. I can only imagine the bugs will be worked out with future models with smart shox. It's all mostly related to wiring where rubbing is causing wires to short out. I will say this is where Yamaha would have had it right the first time. Anyway, highly recommend them. Much better than air ride and I know since I have both. Not even in the same category in my opinion.

Attakman, maybe you don't use GPS or music but many of us do. I can only listen to the drone of the engine for so many hours. I like to mix it up a bit. My son and I used GPS all last week with the BRP go app while out in Idaho and Montana and believe it or not the maps were spot on. Helped us navigate in a storm when someone got lost and unfortunately died. They found him several days later. He was not with us but we were on the same trail at the same time. So, for some it should be an option and is very useful for those of us who can utilize it.

whitedust

Ok What is smart ride?

Pete, if you are referring to mine yes it caused an issue and is now fixed. I can only imagine the bugs will be worked out with future models with smart shox. It's all mostly related to wiring where rubbing is causing wires to short out. I will say this is where Yamaha would have had it right the first time. Anyway, highly recommend them. Much better than air ride and I know since I have both. Not even in the same category in my opinion.

Attakman, maybe you don't use GPS or music but many of us do. I can only listen to the drone of the engine for so many hours. I like to mix it up a bit. My son and I used GPS all last week with the BRP go app while out in Idaho and Montana and believe it or not the maps were spot on. Helped us navigate in a storm when someone got lost and unfortunately died. They found him several days later. He was not with us but we were on the same trail at the same time. So, for some it should be an option and is very useful for those of us who can utilize it.
I’m sold on smart shocks want that on Enduro with eps and at least 140 hp 900t. I don’t need 180hp anymore.

Hoosier

I’m not trying to downplay how good of a motor Doo has with their 600. I just feel like the power difference between their 600 and 850 is too substantial. I don’t need the power my 850 has, and would prefer something in the 140 hp range, and I know I’m not alone.
You are sounding more and more like an old man every day. Joking. I'm 100% with you on wanting something in between the 600 and 800/850. I guess the answer is to get the bigger engine and don't hold down the throttle.

indy_500

You are sounding more and more like an old man every day. Joking. I'm 100% with you on wanting something in between the 600 and 800/850. I guess the answer is to get the bigger engine and don't hold down the throttle.
That’s what I did/do but would love to have the option to save 1500-2000 on a smaller bore closer to 140 hp…

whitedust

That’s what I did/do but would love to have the option to save 1500-2000 on a smaller bore closer to 140 hp…
Yeah I think that’s what it’s all about forcing us up in HP to pay the higher price. Now the market has an 850 turbo trail sled lol. Really who needs that hp wise?

attakman

Ok What is smart ride?

I said "I"...meaning "me"...didn't say throw it out because I don't use it...lol...my opinion.....sheesh...lol... anything you say doesn't change my mind about how I feel about GPS, and Bluetooth on a snowmobile...I ride to get away from that crap....my phone goes off (and gets put inside my jacket), and I become unavailable.

whitedust

I said "I"...meaning "me"...didn't say throw it out because I don't use it...lol...my opinion.....sheesh...lol... anything you say doesn't change my mind about how I feel about GPS, and Bluetooth on a snowmobile...I ride to get away from that crap....my phone goes off (and gets put inside my jacket), and I become unavailable.
Make GPS and blue tooth an option take it if you want it.

eagle1

Ok What is smart ride?

Holy crap.....what the guy get separated from his group? Maybe answer in another thread if need be.

dfattack

Holy crap.....what the guy get separated from his group? Maybe answer in another thread if need be.

sad story for sure. Yes, he became separated from his group and they couldn't find him for the rest of the day. Unfortunately we don't have anymore details than what is in that article. The next day we were out and saw a helicopter flying around over head and our first thought was this can't be good. Later in the day we found out that a guy was missing. It was the worst white out condition I've been in. They closed the highway that afternoon due to conditions.

old abe

I am being told 20 to 21 mpg.....which is 3 to 4 mpg better than my 1200....also a more quiet motor, that is smoother, and they really seem to have the ITC dialed in better.
Oops missed this part Abe....ALL turbo models run 91 (including the 130 turbo)...unfortunately, that is the one thing my 1200 can do that the turbos can't (run on 87 octane)
Thanks for the info attakman. 20 to 21 sounds great for me, as I had been told barely any difference from the 900NA, unless you're on the flipper, gas hard. I do remember, and perhaps you do too, back in the year when the first 900T came out, there was a fellow closely watched in Canada, that ran close to 23K total miles on it in that one year. As I remember on his final report of his finished excursion, the big majority of his miles were put on using Reg grade gas? He didn't seem concerned as many times he had no choice on what was available for fuel. I followed him as many did on DooTalk.

old abe

I honestly don't need the fancy gauges either...just give me the basic gauge...(I would NEVER use GPS while riding, nor do I care about bluetooth for music etc...guess I'm just an old fart...lol.)..I just wanna ride, and not care about where I'm going nor when I'll get there.

I also dislike that the four strokes all have the electric reverse accuator....I prefer manual reverse.
BIG X2!