2024 Yamaha.Is it going to happen?

old abe

If catalyst is going 4s definitely will be new 4s engines from Textron or Yamaha.
Agree, hopefully a purpose built Textron/AC 3 cyl 4 stroke engine. And built to fit exclusively for the Catalyst chassis. That would be a win, win deal!

old abe

Guys on ty4stroke complaining all the yami's sold out in minutes again. Why they are having so much trouble making them - who knows?
Simple, it's the very same reason that there will be no 4-stroke AC's produced for the 24 MY. Lack of engines! Yeah, well, that is NOT a good sign whatsoever for Yami going forward in future years. Again, it isn't that they can't, but that they choose not to! Very sad.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simple, it's the very same reason that there will be no 4-stroke AC's produced for the 24 MY. Lack of engines! Yeah, well, that is NOT a good sign whatsoever for Yami going forward in future years. Again, it isn't that they can't, but that they choose not to! Very sad.
I don't have a dog in this race or a horse in this fight but isn't that what Yamaha does? Build engines?

Boats and Watercraft seem plentiful.

whitedust

Impossible to predict the future of Yamaha snowmobile intentions they share nothing with the public. It’s like they died and forgot to fall down. Lol Each year I search the inter web in March and magically a new sled appears for the coming year always some nice BNGs with Yamaha on the side. Then you have a 6 hour window to order 1 before the allotment is sold out. Yamaha sold the delta box for years and years so the Procross forever is perfect for them.

yamadooed

Impossible to predict the future of Yamaha snowmobile intentions they share nothing with the public. It’s like they died and forgot to fall down. Lol Each year I search the inter web in March and magically a new sled appears for the coming year always some nice BNGs with Yamaha on the side. Then you have a 6 hour window to order 1 before the allotment is sold out. Yamaha sold the delta box for years and years so the Procross forever is perfect for them.
They appear to be using the whats known as the weekend at Bernie's approach to snowmobile manufacturing...

bayfly

I thought both the Pantera 7000 and the Thundercat listed in the AC 2024 lineup were 4-stroke engines. Are you saying these are not being produced for the 24 MY?

nytro_rtx

I thought both the Pantera 7000 and the Thundercat listed in the AC 2024 lineup were 4-stroke engines. Are you saying these are not being produced for the 24?

I thought both the Pantera 7000 and the Thundercat listed in the AC 2024 lineup were 4-stroke engines. Are you saying these are not being produced for the 24 MY?
Not sure about the Pantera but the ThunderCat is available in MY24, I've seen guys say they have one on order. Snowho on here says he has one ordered.

snoden

Not sure were he's getting his info from, but AC brought back the 7000 Pantera for MY24 as well as the ZR 9000 RR for MY24 in addition to the Thundercat. The ZR 9000 is sweet looking. If I was in the market for a new sled that would be at the top of my list, EPS, QS3'r shocks and that sweet 998 Yamaha turbo 4 stroke motor.

snobuilder

Not sure were he's getting his info from, but AC brought back the 7000 Pantera for MY24 as well as the ZR 9000 RR for MY24 in addition to the Thundercat. The ZR 9000 is sweet looking. If I was in the market for a new sled that would be at the top of my list, EPS, QS3'r shocks and that sweet 998 Yamaha turbo 4 stroke motor
Misinformation from a Doo guy. Just the new structure of this website lately.

snoden

Misinformation from a Doo guy. Just the new structure of this website lately.
I've noticed that around here.....don't tell anyone but those yellow machines would have an extremely hard time hanging with my well setup and tuned SRX sidewinder....ok?

whitedust

I've noticed that around here.....don't tell anyone but those yellow machines would have an extremely hard time hanging with my well setup and tuned SRX sidewinder....ok?
So your choice is all about racing and being the big dog? Ok with me but certainly not important to me for trail riding reliability and comfort. That hasn’t been important to most riders I know and why doo and poo have a large market shares. If that was the buying motivator only need Thunder kitty , SRX , Mach and whatever poo sells with their 2s turbo. So you chipped your SRX for 300hp?

snoden

trail riding reliability and comfort
Most Important for me. Reliability??? Does it get any more reliable than a Yamaha 4 Stroke motor? Comfort....QS3'r shocks revalved by John Sherrard with Elka dual rate springs, correct torsion springs for my weight keeping me in the top third of rear suspension travel. Adjustable limiter strap sucked up 3 holes from stock to lower ride height with all springs set at zero preload for slot car handling and comfort.
So you chipped your SRX for 300hp?
Cluster flash 240/270/300 SS CL SM with push to pass on the handle bars. I run mostly 240 because it's insanely fast, but if that young cocky 2 stroke guy wants to see about soiling his oats I'll take him out to the lake bump it to 300 and send him home with his tail between his legs.
So your choice is all about racing and being the big dog?
Not at all, I have a 16 Viper that I rode more this past season than the SRX. I upgraded the shock package to Elka stage 4 shocks with all the trimmings that the SRX has so I spent more time on it dialing things in with the shocks. Took some time to find the sweet spot with compression and rebound for different trail conditions but all is good now.

whitedust

Worth every penny goofy, handling for safety and comfort for this 61 year old body.
My same reaction lots of money spent there but it that’s what you want then go get it. Me I like making pure stock work no matter the brand for my 76 year old body.