Above the Law...LOL

rph130

There's still a cut? Who knew? And to think the news is talking about the lowering of LEO hiring standards to fill warm bodies into mass vacancies.

And since you're going there with the inane "wish I was one of yous" nonsense...

Finance degree. Self-employed in an overly-regulated field where I work at home in my pajamas if I want, with a professional license that is borderline impossible to get. A license that was seven years of hell (after college - a pre-req for the field) for me to secure. Income higher than the median police chief salary in the majority of US states - probably not all, I assume CA is probably pretty high. A lot more than the median in most states. And I could make a lot more in my field if I was a dirtbag without ethics, but that's not how I roll. Oh, and in drastic, stark contrast to yourself, I loathe the small number of dirtbags in my profession and wish them to lose their licenses and careers. Some of my peers even deserve to be brought up on financial securities fraud, but that doesn't happen to them as much as I wish either. Just like bad cops keep their jobs, right.

Live across the street from the sled trail up here deep in the northwoods. A thousand public lakes just in my county (or so they say). Have a 35x70 heated Morton building filled with toys for all the seasons. The wife and I moved for many reasons - the same reasons most are drawn here for vacation - so if you think I'm some depressed unhappy slob in a bad place personally or professionally then - LOLOL - I have a bridge to sell you.

Anywho... I'll leave you with some notable quotes, while you meanwhile wrap yourself up in the smothering comfort of your bloated, bankrupt (ethically and literally) government blanket, in the festering anal fissure that is your Chicago home base.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
It has been interesting sparring with you ICT but I think I am done and need to focus on other issues. I have to renew my yearly membership for the Illinois "God-forsaken, corrupt, law enforcement association", retired of course, and I have been asked to write new by-laws for the "super-special class of humans" my brothers and sisters of the badge. I'm glad you are successful in life and impressed with yourself and I hope you understand why we call it a Thin Blue Line.

mezz

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
I am going to pull a frnash on this, "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty" -Thomas Jefferson.

Also, it is fellatio not fellacio.

I will leave you with this, "The measure of intellegence is the ability to change." -Albert Einstein

Last edited:

tsg

Late to the party here but there was body cam video that was released and played on some local stations in Milwaukee area. Vilas officers very professional and nice. However reason they were stopped was that they ran 6 straight stop signs.

A big law enforcement supporter here and as many have said, why be a officer these days when politicians, society, and so many others do not respect you nor support you. They have been held accountable for their actions by being disiplined. Can the same be said for others...protestors in Kenosha, Minneapolis, ??????.

ICT Sledder

I am going to pull a frnash on this, "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty" -Thomas Jefferson.

Also, it is fellatio not fellacio.

I will leave you with this, "The measure of intellegence is the ability to change." -Albert Einstein
You can find results both ways if you simply insert either quote into a search engine between two quote marks. And there's no evidence that TJ ever said it. Hence why I didn't cite a specific source. So swing and a miss.

And you corrected my spelling of one word by misspelling another, so congrats. LOL! That's the way it works when you are the grammar police on the interwebs.

I'll let you big government boot lickers get back to it now.

mezz

I'm not going to feed the fire, but, I'll quote a popular millennial phrase - "Whatever"........

Last edited:

ICT Sledder

It has been interesting sparring with you ICT but I think I am done and need to focus on other issues. I have to renew my yearly membership for the Illinois "God-forsaken, corrupt, law enforcement association", retired of course, and I have been asked to write new by-laws for the "super-special class of humans" my brothers and sisters of the badge. I'm glad you are successful in life and impressed with yourself and I hope you understand why we call it a Thin Blue Line.
What you quoted is not something I actually said. You know how quotation marks work, right?

I offered my background after you called me out, and your interpretation of that is I am "impressed" with myself? Strange. You seem to be the one constantly navel gazing and enjoying the smell of your own farts, career-wise. Ironically, I know a number of folks with front line war time overseas, and all of them - legitimately - are less impressed with themselves and their former career than yourself. But that circumstance is a bit of an epidemic in your field, isn't it? The pretending that July 4th and Memorial Day and patriotism in general covers law enforcement that same way it is supposed to honor veterans. It is a bit like your own version of stolen valor. A big disconnect between who think you are, and what you actually are. Between what you think you do, and what you actually do. It's cool though, we've all been there. For most of us it is our teenage years and it wears off, but I understand not everyone is wired the same way.

And yeah, most of the American public is aware of what the thin blue line means these days. It is a line across the very top edge of the x-axis in the political compass. It's weird... historically the left has never had much use for you, except for leftist politicians (because: OMG UNIONS!!!one1!!!1), but you guys could count on folks on the right for widespread support. Then SWAT teams started no-knocks for silly potheads. And folks began being targeted and seeing an uneven justice system based on political party. And fathers being arrested at the beach with their kids, or pastors arrested at their church - all in the name of Covid. And much, much more. The list is long. So today while you have no support on the left, sans politicians (because: OMG UNIONS!!!!!!!!!onooneone1111!!!!), your support on the right is pretty much only folks who fall in the upper right hand side of that political compass thing I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
All I can say is some of you paint with a really broad brush. It's disappointing really. And judging other members right here on this site, when we have no clue who this person is or what they're about individually? I guess we've reverted as a society. smh By some of the logic printed here, Non- snowmobilers could take a look at this thread and say geez, snowmobilers are a real bunch of jerks.

Last edited:

mezz

You misspelled again. That's the universe laughing at internet spellcheckers.
Hey, I'm only human, I make typing mistakes & I don't use spell check. Again, I will quote a popular millennial phrase, "whatever"....

Last edited:
Late to the party here but there was body cam video that was released and played on some local stations in Milwaukee area. Vilas officers very professional and nice. However reason they were stopped was that they ran 6 straight stop signs.

A big law enforcement supporter here and as many have said, why be a officer these days when politicians, society, and so many others do not respect you nor support you. They have been held accountable for their actions by being disiplined. Can the same be said for others...protestors in Kenosha, Minneapolis, ??????.
I did not see the video...did the accused identify themselves as LEOs to Vilas officers?

Not that it should matter but are they required to in a situation such as that?