Any body else thinking about geting a different toy

Firecatguy

sold sled in nov and stuck all the cash into goodies for my Mc now after this bad winter I will buy a new holdover sled for half the retail.......this is a good winter in my book....

polarisrider1

Boating and Snowmobiling have got to be the two most "high cost-weather dependent sports" out there. Am I wrong?

Boating: Rain, High Winds, Cool Weather, and Approx. 90 Day Season for Watersports.

Snowmobiling Rain, No Snow, Warm Weather, and Approx. 90 Day Season for Sledding.

That leaves me with 6 months out of the year to clean, repair, and store the boat and snowmobile.

Oh, and don't forget the Insurance for that 12 month period too. Ya, this is workin out just great!

And your point is??? Buy a Harley to fill in the lulls. And take up Golf if you really want to throw money away.

polarisrider1

Sledder for life. Been at it for forty years. Snowmobiling is a way of life for many. The expense of it all, well it is a priority issue.

superski

Gotta admit this is getting just stupid, I retired in northern Wisconsin to be able to enjoy the winters snowmobiling and I get excited each year to be let down waiting for snow. My wife loves the sport just as much as I do, but she's even starting to wonder why we prep and pay insurance on 4 sleds that might as well be lawn ornaments. After the last 2 winters I'm at the point where even if we get snow now (which looks like we won't) it's almost not worth it for what might be left of the season. ****, I moved up here to be in snowmobile country and I'm not gonna trailer anymore just for a few rides. I see these guys looking at new sleds at 10K and wonder how they can justify that amount of money for the minimal use we get of it. My kids want me to buy a pontoon and if we get another year like this I'm gonna bail.

Modman440

I've got dirt bikes 4 wheelers and a utv but none compare to a snowmobile and never will. Snowmobiling is in my blood I go though summer thinking about winter. Idc if we don't get above average snowfall or below as long as it snows and I get to ride that's all I care about nothing will ever compare.

fusionfool

We already did. Although we kept the snowmobiles because they were paid for, we purchased a 2012 CAN-AM Spyder RT Limited last Aug.
Love the Spyder and still love snowmobiling. Will probably have both for many years to come.
Fusion.jpg

anonomoose

For me i got out in 04 when my kids started being involved in "every" activity possible.
... My plan is to move north and live close to the inlaws.... ............

It is clear that either Jerk has his wife standing by the 'puter as he was typing OR this man is delusional ....sorry but moving north to live with in-laws means:

A) Fixing everything in TWO households
B) Guaranteed dinner guests 5 nites per week
C) Prelude to "...honey, let's look for a house with in-law quarters..."

I know this is intrusive, but sumbody got to say it....aw, it's okay man....sumtimes it happens this way....now reach over and hand the car keys to your wife, hand over the keys to the gun cabinet....and go shopping for nice warm flannel PJ's...cause your gunna need them!

On a more serious note, will you have a pole barn up there in the North? I sort of need a place to store my 4 sleds and trucking them back and forth is gett'n expensive...sucking that $4 juice. Dibs on the southeast corner of the barn! I called it first!

anonomoose

Listen...up here fellas!

First you begin to question the expense of a sled (or several of them in my case) and then;
You go to the boat show and see that big land cruiser with 2 bedroom suites and large screen tv and then;
Some slick salesman gets you to take out a second mortgage on your home and you drive that hog around and then;
You discover the country but ALWAYS end up in Florida at the same location and see how the white haired folks live and then;
After your 5th trip down to Florida you spot a for sale sign on a nice condo/beach house where your new friends live full time and then;
You sign up the rest of your housing equity to buy that land yacht without wheels so you don't have to drive the big hog back and forth and then;
You put a for sale sign on the land yacht WITH wheels because what the heck you need that thing for anymore.......

I'm tell yah man.....is this how you want the cards to be played...living by the beach year around, sipping lemonade and playing golf zipping around in a golf cart paying NO income taxes, license plate fees, insurance trail permits...and giving your long johns away to good will?

I mean think about it! Bumping along the freeway in a traffic jam on glare ice hoping the guy in front of you hasn't started his weekend at the local bar/pub a bit early and then once you get there the cabin is 20 below zero INSIDE the place and will warm up about Sunday afternoon....and then once you get there, your heat shield craps out...as it frosts up enough so that you get mad and throw it 40 yards in the snow...a remarkable toss if not for the rage you are feeling...and go the weekend "iron man" style suffering remarkably only minor frost bit after 2.5 hours of riding....

So you see the choice is really rather simple isn't it? Keep the sled avoid all this frustration!

EXCESSIVE FORCE

listen...up here fellas!

First you begin to question the expense of a sled (or several of them in my case) and then;
you go to the boat show and see that big land cruiser with 2 bedroom suites and large screen tv and then;
some slick salesman gets you to take out a second mortgage on your home and you drive that hog around and then;
you discover the country but always end up in florida at the same location and see how the white haired folks live and then;
after your 5th trip down to florida you spot a for sale sign on a nice condo/beach house where your new friends live full time and then;
you sign up the rest of your housing equity to buy that land yacht without wheels so you don't have to drive the big hog back and forth and then;
you put a for sale sign on the land yacht with wheels because what the heck you need that thing for anymore.......

I'm tell yah man.....is this how you want the cards to be played...living by the beach year around, sipping lemonade and playing golf zipping around in a golf cart paying no income taxes, license plate fees, insurance trail permits...and giving your long johns away to good will?

I mean think about it! Bumping along the freeway in a traffic jam on glare ice hoping the guy in front of you hasn't started his weekend at the local bar/pub a bit early and then once you get there the cabin is 20 below zero inside the place and will warm up about sunday afternoon....and then once you get there, your heat shield craps out...as it frosts up enough so that you get mad and throw it 40 yards in the snow...a remarkable toss if not for the rage you are feeling...and go the weekend "iron man" style suffering remarkably only minor frost bit after 2.5 hours of riding....

So you see the choice is really rather simple isn't it? Keep the sled avoid all this frustration!

lol !!!

Bradzoo

I'll keep sleddin even if its just a couple trips a year, been sledding for 40+ years some of my best memories been involved with sleds, got a boat, got a dirt bike, got a Harley, got a couple jeeps I think I'm covered

Bradzooooooo

Listen...up here fellas!

You go to the boat show and see that big land cruiser with 2 bedroom suites and large screen tv and then;
Some slick salesman gets you to take out a second mortgage on your home and you drive that hog around and then;
You discover the country but ALWAYS end up in Florida at the same location and see how the white haired folks live and then;
After your 5th trip down to Florida you spot a for sale sign on a nice condo/beach house where your new friends live full time and then;
You sign up the rest of your housing equity to buy that land yacht without wheels so you don't have to drive the big hog back and forth and then;
You put a for sale sign on the land yacht WITH wheels because what the heck you need that thing for anymore.......

I'm tell yah man.....is this how you want the cards to be played...living by the beach year around, sipping lemonade and playing golf zipping around in a golf cart paying NO income taxes, license plate fees, insurance trail permits...and giving your long johns away to good will?

I mean think about it! Bumping along the freeway in a traffic jam on glare ice hoping the guy in front of you hasn't started his weekend at the local bar/pub a bit early and then once you get there the cabin is 20 below zero INSIDE the place and will warm up about Sunday afternoon....and then once you get there, your heat shield craps out...as it frosts up enough so that you get mad and throw it 40 yards in the snow...a remarkable toss if not for the rage you are feeling...and go the weekend "iron man" style suffering remarkably only minor frost bit after 2.5 hours of riding....

Spot on moose....that there is funny!!!

ezra

some pace in that story the incontinence starts . now U have to buy all new pants that fit a dipper so when strolling the beach playing golf sipping lemonade you are not using that golf cart to run back to the house to change pants again u just get use to the warm mushy feeling. it is like a warm hug a daily reminder that u are not dead yet but close

jerkbait_1075

Ananamoose.... You are spot on with my concerns... In a perfect world the In-laws would "kick the bucket" and then life would be easy i would simply move into their house.....

Just kidding People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Easy.................

Seriously though I can see that taking care of them and their property will become my new fulltime job if me and the wife were to move up there. That would probably require so much time that I still would not have the time to resume sledding.... LOL

All things aside I have GREAT in laws.... They have done a lot for my family..... It would be my pleasure to assist them in their senior years.... For them I cant think of a better place to spend my senior years than the northwoods

anonomoose

some pace in that story the incontinence starts . now U have to buy all new pants that fit a dipper so when strolling the beach playing golf sipping lemonade you are not using that golf cart to run back to the house to change pants again u just get use to the warm mushy feeling. it is like a warm hug a daily reminder that u are not dead yet but close

Get with it EZRA...they don't call them diapers anymore....they are now known as Astronaut Pants....and if they are good enough for NASA who am I to...are you ready....I mean really ready.... POO POO THEM!:cool:

Builder Bob

This 2 years in a row, no snow.
It is disappointing, but today I am just down the sledding. I went to the sled shop, they are working on a Sod cuter & power cement skrid. I had the carb clean on my Generator.
I would go to the UP, but it will be bumper to bumper, no fun.
We needed snow and never got any (Minnesota),
I have 4 more weeks to go, for a chance.