Any body else thinking about geting a different toy

rv245

Nope, will never give up sledding, might not upgrade to a newer sled, but will always have one. As a matter of fact looking to buy a vintage sled sometime this year. I had a bunch of them a while back and sold out. Looking at getting just a nice F/C sled to bomb around on when there is low snow, just haven't found the right one yet. We also just bought a place up north where we can ride from directly from. While other trailers are loaded up with sleds, ours is loaded up with stuff for the home. Wife say's it's our home not a house as we plan to retire up there ASAP. Oh and she want's to become a groomer driver...... :)

whitedust

Less toys maybe but would not include an ATV can't ride them on Vilas trails. With 3 boats & 1sled might sell 1 boat downsize to 2 but not sure.

nhra1000

I have bikes, boat and a 4 wheeler...really consdiering a side by side....May build one to save some cost...If I could ride from my house in Boulder it would go along way in purchasing one...Local buisnesses need to step up and demand the trails get done. While I do not have an issue with bicycle trails...they do not bring in revenue....

Last edited:

timo

sad part is my boat sits in the lake all summer and i still use it less than the sled .
To be honest the wife is the only reason i still own a boat it is nothing but a bunch of work dock in dock out paint bottom buff and wax change oil change lower unit oil yank lower unit to grease flush water lines bring props in to to get fixed again clean int get new tires for trailer again.then there it sits its to hot its to cold to much traffic go check battery's cuz it has not moved in a mo.then the winterizing starts usually rain cold supper windy. God i hope we get a ton of snow and the barn collapses on it

lol>>>>>>>

durphee

That's the reason i purchase a used sled, so i can afford a ATV and a boat. I use all of them. Sleddin is the most fun with boating a close second. I put about 1000 miles on sled a year, got out on the boat about 40 times last year, and ATV'd the least. Problem is I picked up golf, the budget can get stretched only so far! Something has to go, maybe lunches or breakfast can get cut! I did cut my TV subscription out, saves me about $700 a year, enough for a sleddin trip or two.

samc

Not a chance. We have all the season covered, sleds, atv's, dirt bikes, boat but enjoy snowmobiling the most. We have to travel to use the snowmobiles but that's part of the fun.

600_RMK_144

sad part is my boat sits in the lake all summer and I still use it less than the sled .
to be honest the wife is the only reason I still own a boat it is nothing but a bunch of work dock in dock out paint bottom buff and wax change oil change lower unit oil yank lower unit to grease flush water lines bring props in to to get fixed again clean int get new tires for trailer again.then there it sits its to hot its to cold to much traffic go check battery's cuz it has not moved in a mo.then the winterizing starts usually rain cold supper windy. god I hope we get a ton of snow and the barn collapses on it

Any other questions???

sledrider

I have a sled and rode for 35 years and always said I will always have a sled, but getting tired of chaseing snow all the time. When I have time no money and money no time, so just thinking about it.

sledrider

Have had and rode sleds for 35 years and always said I would always have one, but getting tired of chaseing snow just thinking about it

renegade

Don't anticipate ever giving up on sleds, or going up north. Even when there is snow around home we just ride sleds up instead of trailering. Have boats, and atv, but when we are using them we end up talking about snowmobiles at some point. We never talk about boating on a sleding trip! Nothing compares to a good snowmobile trip or ride!

skidont

any of that have to do with the snow in north branch has been non existent the last 2 yrs and 3 4 and 5 yrs ago u could ride from your house in good snow ?

No I am going with I need the new 4 stroke sled that just showed up on dootalk LOL , Ok you might be right

lvr1000

who says that you can't ride them year round?

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 14
  • imagesCALRX5OX.jpg
    imagesCALRX5OX.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 16
  • sand-x_bike_01_z1X19_17621.jpg
    sand-x_bike_01_z1X19_17621.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 16
  • sand-x_bike_03_7RIQ4_17621.jpg
    sand-x_bike_03_7RIQ4_17621.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 14

lvr1000

No, I waterski to keep in shape for snowmobiling. I am lucky in that the wife loves to snowmobile, so our vacations are spent chasing snow. Any leftover vacation (a lot last couple years) is spent playing on the water; towboat and tritoon.

jerkbait_1075

For me i got out in 04 when my kids started being involved in "every" activity possible. My time just got to thin. Unfortunatly my 4 other riding buddies began to have similar difficulties, for a varitey of reasons, with making the time to do our yearly 4 trips north let alone ride around our area at night and on the weekends.

You know it is what it is..... At first, for the first year or two I/We (my buds) were very sad and disappointed each winter at not having sleds............

Lately, with these winters, the cost of everything associated with snowmobiling???? I'm glad im out.... This is just me talking. It is a decision that each person has to make on their own and way the positives and negatives and how they influence or affect their life...

Will I own and ride again someday???? You bet... I am fortunate to have family that lives in the northwoods. In 2 more years when i am eligible for retirement from the PD who knows what happens. My plan is to move north and live close to the inlaws.... In that instance I will be riding immediately. However my kids are still young and will be in school here at home so that complicates things.

Bottom line. At this very moment in my life I'm glad im out. I will ride/own again when the time is right....

I would say that any of you out there that are on a daily basis wrestling with that little voice in your head about whether or not you should continue to own/ride? Thats exaclty how it started for me..... Give it some serious thought.. Dont be scared of the unknown of not owning..... Life does go on after the two stroke smoke

And for me the countless hours on the lake in my Lund Boat with the kids catchin crappies, eyes, smallies, and ski's????? Priceless..... I am glad for that time... It is easier to share GREAT family time while on the boat. We can talk to each other, laugh immediatly with each other, ect, ect......

indy_500

Not happening. 4 wheelers are boring boats that are actually fun are too expensive bikes dont interest me. I'll continue to chase the snow. 1975 miles this year going to watersmeet this weekend and paulding the weekend after.

ezra

For me i got out in 04 when my kids started being involved in "every" activity possible. My time just got to thin. Unfortunatly my 4 other riding buddies began to have similar difficulties, for a varitey of reasons, with making the time to do our yearly 4 trips north let alone ride around our area at night and on the weekends.

You know it is what it is..... At first, for the first year or two I/We (my buds) were very sad and disappointed each winter at not having sleds............

Lately, with these winters, the cost of everything associated with snowmobiling???? I'm glad im out.... This is just me talking. It is a decision that each person has to make on their own and way the positives and negatives and how they influence or affect their life...

Will I own and ride again someday???? You bet... I am fortunate to have family that lives in the northwoods. In 2 more years when i am eligible for retirement from the PD who knows what happens. My plan is to move north and live close to the inlaws.... In that instance I will be riding immediately. However my kids are still young and will be in school here at home so that complicates things.

Bottom line. At this very moment in my life I'm glad im out. I will ride/own again when the time is right....

I would say that any of you out there that are on a daily basis wrestling with that little voice in your head about whether or not you should continue to own/ride? Thats exaclty how it started for me..... Give it some serious thought.. Dont be scared of the unknown of not owning..... Life does go on after the two stroke smoke

And for me the countless hours on the lake in my Lund Boat with the kids catchin crappies, eyes, smallies, and ski's????? Priceless..... I am glad for that time... It is easier to share GREAT family time while on the boat. We can talk to each other, laugh immediatly with each other, ect, ect......

and this story is exactly why my dye hard buds got there kids racing sno x on 120,s early. mom cant bitch when u have to travel around snow country to bring Jr to the race. the days before and after spent in the woods is just more practice

zltim

One more winter like this and they are gone. I'll head south in the winter. I live here because I "CAN" sled from my yard but not so much now. Even the lake is bare of snow so I can't even do that. 2 years in a row the WOBLE was canceled because of no snow so why have an vintage sled either.

switch07

Not me. I was born and raised in the UP and have been riding since 1969. It's in my blood I would guess. My wife always says "she would rather trailer to it than shovel it". So I guess that gives me all the permission I need to chase it for years to come.......

indy_500

Convinced my parents to buy a 4 place open trailer got a steal on an alum triton $1200 definatly getting r use out of it this year. Gotta love splitting truck gas 4 ways. Don't cost more than $75 each for 4 of us 2 stay in a hotel 2 nights and drive 3-4 hours.

ezra

Convinced my parents to buy a 4 place open trailer got a steal on an alum triton $1200 definatly getting r use out of it this year. Gotta love splitting truck gas 4 ways. Don't cost more than $75 each for 4 of us 2 stay in a hotel 2 nights and drive 3-4 hours.

u and your buds starting to enjoy the weekend spooning sessions in the hotel .