Arctic Cat Recalls Snowmobiles Due to Fire Hazard

stormbringr1

Yes, it's an issue clearly related to these specific models. However, taken collectively with all the other quality/reliability issues that have been pervasive over the years with Cat--it certainly does speak to the general overall level of quality that the company accepts...

*They all suck* is a cop out--because clearly there are those that, as a company, produce a generally better quality more reliable product. You do know that component failure rates, etc...are things that are spec'd out in R&D, right? ...and different companies insist on taking the time/expense to do more extensive testing to work out issues before the product is released to the field? Here's what objective analysis tells you on overall quality/reliability...

1) Yamaha
2) Polaris
3) Bombardier
4) Cat

stormbringr1

Once again, you're missing the point, Olsmann. This is a discussion of quality/reliability I never made any comment about whether it would be nice for your buddies to keep their jobs or how your back feels when you pick up the rear end of a sled, eh?
happy.gif

olsmann

No i get your point, You think yamaha has the most reliable sled and is the only one worth your money. They have the best quality. How could we not get your point? First words of my last post were, "We get it" Im glad you have never had a quality issuse with your yamaha

qber

Okay!Okay! I promise to buy a yammi - I'll sell my new 2010 doo and give my 2003 AC to a relative. I took photos of 2 burnt up Doo's around Painsdale in Spring 2007 and now that AC's are also catching fire I'm getting real scared - it's getting too dangerouis to sled anymore. I'd have to switch to snowshoeing. No! I'd rather take my chances on burning, keep the Doo and carry an extra large fire extinguisher on my back. Ted

stormbringr1

I'm encouraged to see some of you chaps finally taking a spin around the track with reality... In fact, it has made my day.
happy.gif

Firecatguy

This is just funny!!!

Hey Storm Care to come ride with us this year!!you bring that rxton and we will see how good a day ya have??

stormbringr1

LOL! Sure Rusty! Let me make sure I can find my strap in case you spin a bearing trying to prove to me how that Cat is really the catz azz...
happy.gif

sabercat

Gee, Arctic cat has 1 leaking gasket and the buzzards are circling..even on fire it would still outperform the other sleds. 8)

stormbringr1

edited

Not the kind of post that is welcome on this board stormbringer1.

I caution you very strongly to never do it again.

-John