Black Tunnel

ezra

powder coat paint.
I wish more were painted Raw alloy and snow never a good idea. guess it costs more to to paint.

indy_500

powder coated. cover it with 3m vinyl my buddy bought a brand new doo i haggled him to cover it, still looks great after 1 hard season

D

Deleted member 10829

powder coat paint.
I wish more were painted Raw alloy and snow never a good idea. guess it costs more to to paint.

Not to mention the weight of the paint! ;) They watch every ounce today.

ezra

all that weight lol . I love painted tunnels way way way less sticking snow. I just dont get why any deep snow sled would be sold with raw

indy_500

all that weight lol . I love painted tunnels way way way less sticking snow. I just dont get why any deep snow sled would be sold with raw

a polished raw aluminum tunnel has way way way less sticking snow than a black painted tunnel. that is if you actually polish it!

ezra

a polished raw aluminum tunnel has way way way less sticking snow than a black painted tunnel. that is if you actually polish it!

yeah been there done that not much diff .and I don't know any one who puts a shine inside tunnel where some real weight colects

doospunk

Have had both polished and painted on the last two sleds, and have to be honest in that I don't know how anyone could tell the difference. They both collect depending on circumstances. Just depends on conditions it seems.