Boat life

polarisrider1

Day 5. rocking and rolling. 40 mph winds, 1/2" hail, rain, lightning, thunder all the fun stuff. Antenna is working fine. Dogs are going nuts! fired up the boat radar and looking every bit as rough as my "Rainy days" app on the droid. Laundry stack is getting tall.

polarisrider1

Hey there's your next project! With that endless supply of water all you gotta do is hook up a washing machine.

This is the Grand River, just a hair better than any major river in China. Boats MUST have bottom paint of zinc and copper to shed off the yuck! Zebra Mussels can't even live in this soup. I have been eyeing the hot tub in the Club house, turn it on, add clothes, add some bubbles and stir with a boat oar. Wife said how long before they toss Jed Clampett (me) out of here. She is off to the laundry as I type. :)

polarisrider1

Memorial Weekend......... All the crazies come out of the wood work. I am not pin pointing any group but the Bayliner bunch are the most dangerous by far. Simple because those boats are inexpensive to purchase and it brings out the week end warriors with their families. Add in families that "must" spend time together drinking takes place. Who really wants to spend the day with uncle Eddie and his brat kids. ( I see a boat/snowmobile relation here). Anyways Lets all be safe and remember your boat does not have brakes. No wake means no wake! Your shaking my house, most of all, Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Heros.

Last edited:

frosty

Wayne did u get the 43 footer. It looks like a nice vessel!

The buttheads from frozen water just moved over to the liquid stuff!

polarisrider1

Wayne did u get the 43 footer. It looks like a nice vessel!

The buttheads from frozen water just moved over to the liquid stuff!

Wife did not like it??????? Heck she went to the laundramat and I am sitting under a tree watching the crazies go by. I have a friend who will sell me his 01 Sea Ray 48' which has all the latest upgrades with washer and dryer, 60" plasma,etc. He has about a million two into it. He said, Give me 385 and it is yours. His wife is all about the grandkids and they never us the boat. Cummins diesels the works. Year round living if I drop that much coin. It books at around $575,000. I would have to keep it, he said He knows how much I love his boat so I can't flip it.

Last edited:

ezra

I say buy it sounds like the ideal retirement home toss the anchor some place around FT Myers or Marco island heck why pay taxes Dominican republic and call it home.
I got a buddy who's dad has been living in a 52 Hatters tied to a sea wall in a channel in cape coral for 4 yrs.he payed less than 10g for the parking spot less than 2 blocks to gulf no bridge's.
I just got my boat in on fri and first real use today

frosty

I would say buy it, try it for a year and if doesn't work out, sell it for 500 and your still ahead and you'll know. Never second guessing if should have or not.

polarisrider1

I would say buy it, try it for a year and if doesn't work out, sell it for 500 and your still ahead and you'll know. Never second guessing if should have or not.
What about the 2 10x30 storage units full of my wifes stuff?

Ezra, it is about five grand for slip and 5 grand to indoor heated store it per year that is still some outlay. Insurance can't be cheap on it either. But still thinking about making it work. I could buy the slip but slip condo costs run around $2500 per 6 months. Slips in here run about 30 grand unless you are ready with cash on a forecloser and those go fast.

frosty

Wayne you should give up the tile thang and just become a professional blogger! Blog about life on a boat and then in the winter blog about sledding in the Midwest and out west.

frosty

Sure! Charge 2 bucks a month for a subscribtion. I would pay it juat to see what hill or hole u dug urself into! That might mean u would have cut down on posting here. Indy would be happy with that! Did he get a girlfriend, sure haven't heard a peep out of him?

Call the blog "The Adventures of Tile Man"