Boat life

polarisrider1

Somber night.
Okay, brain damage on my part to load pics from phone. Trust me, rain stopped yesterday, very nice evening. A momma swan went by carrying her babies on her back, papa swan in full protection mode. We can learn a lot from nature. Got a nice pic. Just need a computer wiz to get it on here.

Dave_B

Stick your foot in the sink while you plug in the wireless modem and usb to upload pics. The extra energy created from the electical shock will increase your upload speed by 32%.

You could probably reach, and sip, the Fireball at the same time. Spill a little and you'll be lightning fast!

polarisrider1

Stick your foot in the sink while you plug in the wireless modem and usb to upload pics. The extra energy created from the electical shock will increase your upload speed by 32%.

You could probably reach, and sip, the Fireball at the same time. Spill a little and you'll be lightning fast!
Thani you good buddy! It worked!

polarisrider1

Fourth week of boating life..................getting a bit old. Got word yesterday that by the end of next week I will be closing on some land (1.5 acres) and can start building soon after. Will still live on boat with wife and 2 dogs until snow flies or house is done which ever comes first. Wonderful, the "FULL DO NOT FLUSH" light just came on. 4 weeks not bad?? wife said, count it as a sewer bill. $30 for pump out!!!! they come to the boat and because it is saturday. During the week $20. they did take my credit card number...Sweet! Chrome cash!

Last edited:

frosty

PR1, you got AC on the boat? Its getting pretty warm out now, dont want you or momma throwing someone overboard!

moosehead

Fourth week of boating life..................getting a bit old. Got word yesterday that by the end of next week I will be closing on some land (1.5 acres) and can start building soon after. Will still live on boat with wife and 2 dogs until snow flies or house is done which ever comes first. Wonderful, the "FULL DO NOT FLUSH" light just came on. 4 weeks not bad?? wife said, count it as a sewer bill. $30 for pump out!!!! they come to the boat and because it is saturday. During the week $20. they did take my credit card number...Sweet! Chrome cash!

At least you have no lawn to mow..

polarisrider1

At least you have no lawn to mow..
No doubt, those poor souls who mow must move around 350 to 400 picnic tables, couple hundred fire rings and chimeneas along with a few hundred folding chairs and a dozen or so dog tie out stakes amongst other things such as bean bag toss games and temp. dog pens,etc. takes those poor guys hours to move all that crap and minutes to mow. It is included in our slip rent. Don't get it why they put down fertilizer then mow right after, blows the fertilizer into the river and parking lot??? This happens every Monday morning. We have 32 dumpsters in the marina and getting rid of stuff has never been so easy!

frosty

Were you tiling or grouting? Grouting the easier part, as oppose to the dry fit and thinsetting! Or was she doing all the cutting?

frosty

How much does she charge an hour? I'm thinking about redoing my bathroom and putting down the heat mat. The darn floor is freezing cold in the winter!

polarisrider1

Were you tiling or grouting? Grouting the easier part, as oppose to the dry fit and thinsetting! Or was she doing all the cutting?

Wife mixes mortar, drives around picking up materials, visits with the customers, bags up the empties (oh, that is at the boat, lol) and reminds me that I am showing to much butt crack. Kinda a goodwill Ambassidor. She is going to "Help" out again tomorrow!

polarisrider1

Think I found a boat with some more room. Owners are in their late 80's and want to downsize. It is a 28 year old Chris Craft in excellent condition inside and out.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

polarisrider1

Eagles where back, tried to zoom in closer for the seeing impaired (Olaf), but phone has it's limits.

Attachments

• eagles in river.jpg
    eagles in river.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 62

polarisrider1

We decided to move on a less inhabitated Island. It is a cresent shaped place with natives. Picture 1 is of our new golf course. (If Lake Michigan had much of a tide we would be under water most of the time). Note: the locals carry their beers on top of their heads, not sure why?, but they are friendly.

Attachments

• 0616121723a.jpg
    0616121723a.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 0616121743.jpg
    0616121743.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

mjkaliszak

WOW... Life's a Beach ....
I remember my brother the " lifeguard " had one of those shirts and I used to hate it....
What no kids on Jet-ski's ? I'll send mine up. Don't worry, they r respectful.
Like the pics of the Eagles. They must be a nesting pair ! How many in that area ? Ever see their nests ? Pretty impressive if you have never seen one. The ones I have seen up in the 1000 Islands were always in some of the highest trees and made of LOGs...Here is a link to what Eagles are doing up in Dutch Harbor ( aka Deadliest Catch land )

http://article.wn.com/view/2011/06/15/It_actually_drew_blood_Pair_of_nesting_bald_eagles_dive_bomb/

Last edited:

Dave_B

Body found along Lake Michigan in Muskegon

Wayne, are you still with us? Did the people from the island turn on you?

polarisrider1

Body found along Lake Michigan in Muskegon

Wayne, are you still with us? Did the people from the island turn on you?
I am still alive! the natives voted me Mayor. We are building a golf course!!! whoo hoo! I suspect it will be frisbie golf since we are mostly under a foot of water. We have also enacted a toll to pass by our Island, it will help pay for the golf course (we got that idea from the FIB's). It was that or build a bridge to nowhere. (Zilwuakee idea).