Bought gas at Krupps 12/10/11 and screwed 4 sleds within 40 miles

D

Deleted member 10829

14 of us filled up there this week and no issues at all. I think this is a dead issue and Krupp's gas had nothing to do with it, IMO.

The guys that started this will never say a word.But i will say with 100% confidence that gas from Kupps was not the cause of there motor problems.Yall have fun and be safe out there.You can buy your gas from Krupps and it will be just fine,actually they probably have the freshest gas in the area.

snake

people tend to jump to assumptions when they're mad,I believe the majority of us have done it more than we know,including myself!! but if I did what happened here(premature false blame,or not being 100% sure of the facts)I for one would have to fess up and say I was wrong!! this is a small business,put yourself in their shoes!!now if you guys are in the area,(which I would bet they already were,or are going to be)your going to sit there and tell me that you WILL NOT get fuel there again? PLEASE!! just man up and do the rite thing!!

srt20

my sled went down after filling up at Krupps too. Went down before I made it to Mosquito. Stator went out. Nothing to do with gas from anyplace. At least I had a full tank when I got it fixed!

We also had a sled blow up last year within 5 miles of filling up from krupps too. Had nothing to do with gas either. I honestly think its some kinda "bermuda triangle" type thing going on up there.

Unfortunately Krupps is on the southern end of it. As often as they have to fill their tanks in winter, I cant imagine getting bad gas there.

polarisindyIQ

We stay at KRUPPS and have been using thier fuel daily for the last 5 seasons. Thousands of miles run between us all on POLARIS and SKI DOO SLEDS---Never a problem with fuel from there. Gotta be something else---Will be up there again in 2 weeks and will fill up immediately from the krupps pumps with no hesitation. Great place to saty and stop----they make the whole U.P. snowmobiling experience a great 1.

I filled my sled up with citgo sea and snow and it blew up. There, I said it :)

And i know you know it wasnt the oil.I am redoing a top end also,wasnt a gas problem,wasnt a oil problem.I think it just got tired and wore out, it lost a piston ring anti rotation pin at 10,000 miles,no damage to jugs freshen top end and ride.2004 MXZ 500ss been a mighty fine sled.But speaking of oil Indy that ams oil this sled ran on for 10,000 miles must not be any good because i could still see the cross hatch in the cylinder walls but now i am changeing to Mystic JT4 and going to see if it will run another 10,000......:)

Ramsey

I've never been to Krupps but if I ever get up that way I wanna try one of them strudel things. I won't hesitate to gas up while I'm there either.

Peace out!

shakyjake

Hey guys, we all know that most fuel these days is junk. They make ethanol additives that we can all add to minimize the risk of bad fuel. Perhaps the fuel in Wisconsin was junk and you didn't even know it and the damage was dome before you even went to Krupps. I dont think it is right to throw Krupps under the bus when you don't know if it is there fault. Go 4 stroke and you wont have to worry, otherwise use some additives to avoid damage, or even a very light pre mix to your tank. These newer high perf 2 stroke motors do not like the fuel of today.

rmkking

I'm going to fill up at Krupps as soon as I get up there this weekend. Then I'm going to have a pastie with gravy and a strudel for desert.