Breaking in a new Sled with a Can?

thebreeze

I don't understand why this sport seems to bring out so much hate among-st its participants. Everyone just assumes the other guy is an idiot, and always in the wrong. Just once, many of you should try to put yourselves in the other guys shoes.

Back on topic.... there are options for aftermarket sound compliant, both in terms of the law, and general goodwill to non snowmobilers, silencers. As long as they are not significantly affecting the back pressure of the two stroke tuned exhaust, which most of them do not, it will play no significant role in the "break in" procedure of a snowmobile.

People have success turbocharging 0 mile brand new sleds. A different muffler designed for the stock bore, and stroke is not going to play any role in break in procedure.

T

Tracker

seriously?

giphy.gif

jon-popcorn.gif

giphy.gif

T

Tracker

for that question ZAC...sir BRAD will give you a private tour of the PIT OF MISERY....DILLY DILLY

giphy.gif

HIGHLANDER

i love the sound of a racing can at a gas station, waiting in line for their turn and not shutting off the machine! thats the best music eva!!!

oh! and then when they blip the throttle over and over to pull up when its their turn!!! thats so awesome too!

brad460

no I don't ride could you give me a lesson onERA 2014 Silencing Technology and SAE J-2567 stationary sound test ?
do you have a clue or just looking for a seat on the Selfrighteous band wagon ?

Sure- I spent a couple years in the 2000's working with ISMA to establish the SAE testing procedures..Were you there? (In Coon Rapids, MN)

If you were involved you clearly understand the opposition to "cans"..even on RMKs...

Last edited:

ezra

well if you were there then let us all in on your well of information on why when you buy a can that confirms to the sae j265 why would any one would give 2 chitz ? just more fun to be a azz i guess

Last edited:

brad460

well if you were there then let us all in on your well of information on why when you buy a can that confirms to the sae j265 text any one would give 2 chitz ? juzt more fun to be a azz i guess

Didn't think you were there Mr. SAE J123456...

SledTL

Whats with us IL guys always having the loud BRAP cans. I also spin my track and make huge mounds at every stop sign.

srt20

Whats with us IL guys always having the loud BRAP cans. I also spin my track and make huge mounds at every stop sign.

I dont know how old you are, but your post takes me back to the golden days of WI northwoods trail riding. Arctic Cat ZRT's were out in herds. Every single one was louder than the next. All with IL stickers on them. Always the fastest across the lake, or until a piston went down. Thanks for the memories.

Which reminds me of good ol' Piston Alley. A very popular destination for amateur sled mechanics......lol

- - - Updated - - -

I roost piles across the roads when ever I can

Good idea, it helps save my studs when I accelerate at WOT on those roads! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I wash out every corner

Another good idea. It lets those amateurs without studs to slide off trail and outta my way when I rail around that corner with my 272 ice picks and 36" bergstroms.

ezra

so you still got nothing ?
one would think a master rider with a Sound Engineering Technician background would jump at the chance to educate us on the subject . :stupid:

brad460

ask brad he was probably there with Al Amatuzio testing viscosity in the 70s

Somewhere in your 7800+ he should be able to find out the best oil to run, no? Mr. Fred Bear SAE J123?

Which "cans" do you want to discuss? Your own?