Breaking in a new Sled with a Can?

Sure- I spent a couple years in the 2000's working with ISMA to establish the SAE testing procedures..Were you there? (In Coon Rapids, MN)

If you were involved you clearly understand the opposition to "cans"..even on RMKs...

811100637-tumblr_m6peg0Mds21rra86mo1_1280.jpg

ezra

so you still got nothing to the question. ok got it. if you want to know on my m I run the speedwerx trail can with a,reducer in the inlet and my gade,is a stock can . i hope that is ok with you trail boss

brad460

so you still got nothing to the question. ok got it. if you want to know on my m I run the speedwerx trail can with a,reducer in the inlet and my gade,is a stock can . i hope that is ok with you trail boss

You seem like a "can" type of guy..not surprised...Easy to answer- Its louder than stock..If you think I am wrong post your actual sound meter data genius..

ezra

so the trail boss disapproves . oh chit I best just quit snowmobiling now . anything else you disapprove of so I can fall in line with the great brads ideal of right and wrong ? still waiting on the tutorial from our resident sound engineer you have had plenty of time to google it and at least fake it

brad460

so the trail boss disapproves . oh chit I best just quit snowmobiling now . anything else you disapprove of so I can fall in line with the great brads ideal of right and wrong ? still waiting on the tutorial from our resident sound engineer you have had plenty of time to google it and at least fake it

Sorry- I forgot to provide you the test procedure: Attach the sound meter to a large tree, aim your sled directly at that tree and proceed at wide open throttle- Record max decibel level..

slowsi00

this thread is why snowmobiling is awesome.

so many different types of snowmobilers with different riding styles/preferences.

im a trail snob - 80% of the time on my apex - nose up at 2 strokes and anything that makes excessive noise.

im a off trail wanna be on my wife's 600 renegade 15% of the time - would love to do more off trail as I discover how fun and relatively easy it is. love the work out.

5% - other snowmobile categories

being an old man now - 35 - you have to smile at the brapping hard with a can. limiter strap loose AF to do wheelies and having fun. Same thing as the late 90's with triple pipes, in the go-go days of snowmobiling. cops will ticket and handle any violations, thats not my job.

make the trail pass $200 and provide everyone with a super trail system please and thank you.

oh, and you should be able to break in that sled with a can no issues. I would maybe consider running it for a little bit with all the stock things on it first to make it look like it was used.

T

Tracker

ZAC.....just an FYI...you need to break in a new sled with stock stuff...first....because the stock motor requires a SET PSI OF BACK PRESSURE to operate correctly...and the ECU is set for that...the reason a CAN SUKS and SUKS POWER is because it lowers the pressure....and guys like EZRA then add reducers to get it back down...but all this is retarted...since more power can be gained by smoothing out and enlarging the Y-PIPE just a skotch and using the stock pipe....restricting down to get required pressure and then into a wide open can....retarted at best...sell the can to someone on here....and rub one out on ye Y-PIPE....ye shall increase power....and loosening the limiter does not make you do wheelies either...that's retarted also....what it does it put more track on the ground and reduce air friction and drag at front of track and engagement with snow and gives more TORQUE and LOW END GRUNT and better STEERING....all these will make you shine...a CAN...not so much...along with some tickets for noise while going slower....LMAO

ZAC.....just an FYI...you need to break in a new sled with stock stuff...first....because the stock motor requires a SET PSI OF BACK PRESSURE to operate correctly...and the ECU is set for that...the reason a CAN SUKS and SUKS POWER is because it lowers the pressure....and guys like EZRA then add reducers to get it back down...but all this is retarted...since more power can be gained by smoothing out and enlarging the Y-PIPE just a skotch and using the stock pipe....restricting down to get required pressure and then into a wide open can....retarted at best...sell the can to someone on here....and rub one out on ye Y-PIPE....ye shall increase power....and loosening the limiter does not make you do wheelies either...that's retarted also....what it does it put more track on the ground and reduce air friction and drag at front of track and engagement with snow and gives more TORQUE and LOW END GRUNT and better STEERING....all these will make you shine...a CAN...not so much...along with some tickets for noise while going slower....LMAO

Bigfoot runs a loud can to scare people away.

T

Tracker

Bigfoot runs a loud can to scare people away.

o snap.....I thought he used DEER WHISTLES....learnt sumtin new ever day....LOL...plus I hear if you take out the transfer blocks you could wheelie right over the dude and stroke his hair with CAN WASH.....ROTFLMAO

o snap.....I thought he used DEER WHISTLES....learnt sumtin new ever day....LOL...plus I hear if you take out the transfer blocks you could wheelie right over the dude and stroke his hair with CAN WASH.....ROTFLMAO
what's a transfer block? sounds heavy
you'll never see him if your sled has a tight strap and blocks. it's like looking for fish from a car.

ezra

Sorry- I forgot to provide you the test procedure: Attach the sound meter to a large tree, aim your sled directly at that tree and proceed at wide open throttle- Record max decibel level..

oh so clever even more funny when recycled . so still got notthing ha tester boy

- - - Updated - - -

the 8000 even with a y pipe makes more power with a rexucer . even with the stock sutecase you should use a reducer . just a fyi

srt20

oh so clever even more funny when recycled . so still got notthing ha tester boy

- - - Updated - - -

the 8000 even with a y pipe makes more power with a rexucer . even with the stock sutecase you should use a reducer . just a fyi

dont argue with Tracker. he will make you look "retarted" lmao

T

Tracker

- - - Updated - - -

how does a SUPER CHARGER and a TURBO make more power there einsteinium....by reducing the amount of flow? or increasing flow....ROTFLMAO...... RETARTED he is there SRT20

PS2...does a diesel make more power with a 2 inch tail pipe or a 6 inch pipe?

PS....I do hope you keep using a reducer though for when we line em up there.....HE GONE

Last edited:

ezra

how does a SUPER CHARGER and a TURBO make more power there einsteinium....by reducing the amount of flow? or increasing flow....ROTFLMAO...... RETARTED he is there SRT20

PS2...does a diesel make more power with a 2 inch tail pipe or a 6 inch pipe?

PS....I do hope you keep using a reducer though for when we line em up there.....HE GONE

you go with your logic that in theory is correct but in the case of the pro cross 800 stock pipe no matter what can it produces more power with a reducer .that has been dyno proven many times . but just go with your talking out your ars . why do you think the old barrny f8 made more power like 5 to 6 more hp than the exact same motor with a more free flowing pipe M or crossfire ? you know same pipe they still use as of last yr ? get back to me with that one