Carter's Corner 2013\14 season!!!! snow Reports from Togwotee....

carter

Let's start this year with a big thank you to all who attended the Milwaukee snow show. Ann was suprised at all the people asking about the old guy. Yes he is guiding again this year. He is still waiting to see if there is a flatlander who can show up and out ride him........On another note, I did drive over Togwotee pass Monday am, there is snow holding, the ponds are frozen, but we are a ways away yet.Looks to be 10 12 inches in places. A few tracks from the crazys a couple of weeks ago. The ground staying froze is the good start. More later...

snoluver1

He is still waiting to see if there is a flatlander who can show up and out ride him.........

So.....what's the prize to the guy that can accomplish this feat? I'll be there in January on a flatlander trail sled, and I like a challenge! ! Lol :D

cooksend

What no prize for last year? LOL. Was good riding with you Carter! One guy with a broken leg and young John with a tweaked knee, not bad! My guess is you will see young John again this year on something a bit longer than a Crossfire!

carter

There must be something in the air..........guy I'm working with went to inspect a job, and slid off the driveway......Old Blue to the rescue, went up and pulled him out......back to switch trucks and off to the job......go Old Blue.......Mullan, how did you know....LOL...
Togwotee didn't get but a trace of this, however, Brooks lake Lodge got some, looks like 4-6.....so altitude is getting a start........happy,happy,happy........

Jacob

Just booked a room at the Main Lodge at Togwotee for Dec 5, 6, and 7! We signed up for a guide for Friday December 6th. I am super excited! Can NOT wait! We are a group of 3.

Carter - I greatly appreciate your snow reports. I look forward to hearing about new snow fall from you in Togwotee.

See you in a few weeks!!!

carter

Talked to Beth yesterday and she said 6 inches in the parking lot........for you new guys, usually it works like this......what drops in the lot is doubled at 10,000 feet, so 12 inches at the pass. You can watch that with the webcam,......they plow quickly so some guess work is needed when looking at the road. But you get the Idea. Also she said its holding on top and there is a bunch of it up there. Driving has become winter.....now for today, raining in town and snowing above 8000, so if the pattern holds Tog. should get inches again today. I'm just going to have to go riding.....

carter

And they did.......looks like 4 inches, looks like more on top, but I can't make out the ruts on the highway.........might have to drive up tomorrow and do a look.........

carter

I drove up to Togwotee Pass on Sunday. 2 feet of snow there in most places, with some less and some drifts. The early season riders pounding the area. I have a good feeling for this much this early.If a guy unloaded at the lodge the trails have enough snow on them to get out and climb up. I don't worry about the early birds, cuz I don't ride that stuff, so its just packing for a good base start. Now, let er' rip............

carter

Jackson got popped......I was at the ski village working, and the hand rail on the deck showed 6 inches......so looking at the webcams, Togwotee pass looks like 12....I say that because it's double from the lodge parking lot......and the tire tracks there look like 6 inches......anyway the point is its snowing.........LOl...now that it seems to be staying and not melting with warm temps. I'm getting excited.....

Jacob

Jackson got popped......I was at the ski village working, and the hand rail on the deck showed 6 inches......so looking at the webcams, Togwotee pass looks like 12....I say that because it's double from the lodge parking lot......and the tire tracks there look like 6 inches......anyway the point is its snowing.........LOl...now that it seems to be staying and not melting with warm temps. I'm getting excited.....

Great news!!!! Thank you for the updates. I'm hoping it works out for our trip planned to Togwotee Dec 5 thru 8!

Jacob

It looks like they are calling for 12-18" of snow in Moran, WY, Saturday to Tuesday.

I can only hope this holds true.

How are conditions looking for next week? Is it still worth it to drive out and ride Dec 5-8?

carter

So, the education begins........the best powder riding is always in the begining of the season.....but it has its hazards.......snow hasn't had time to firm up and get deep and hide all those pesky things we don't want to hit and wreck stuff with. That said, we already have 2 feet plus on the ground and high pressure has been here a while, and that means some set up has happened. I've talked to 2 good sources and both are saying conditions are good for early riding. If the storms you speak of show, or we get inches from trickle, the riding will be good. And we always get snow this week. Tends to tick off people with cameras trying to take sun photos.....so, yes get your butt out here.....

- - - Updated - - -

And to all, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving time........

L

lenny

So, the education begins........the best powder riding is always in the begining of the season.....but it has its hazards.......snow hasn't had time to firm up and get deep and hide all those pesky things we don't want to hit and wreck stuff with. That said, we already have 2 feet plus on the ground and high pressure has been here a while, and that means some set up has happened. I've talked to 2 good sources and both are saying conditions are good for early riding. If the storms you speak of show, or we get inches from trickle, the riding will be good. And we always get snow this week. Tends to tick off people with cameras trying to take sun photos.....so, yes get your butt out here.....

- - - Updated - - -

And to all, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving time........

Happy Thanksgiving to you! ;)