Carter's Corner 2013\14 season!!!! snow Reports from Togwotee....

600_RMK_144

We had an amazing experience today! I was lucky enough to get some advice from Carter and exchange some stories. The key piece of advice, never explore down hill.

We had Nate as our guide and he was fantastic. Right when we got back we booked him for tomorrow. What I liked most about Nate is that he helped me get unstuck and then assured me "it was the sleds fault" lol wink wink.

It's amazing out here. Still lots of unexpected obstacles under the snow. Plenty of scratches on my brand new sled lol.

If you ever need to get in shape, follow a mountain riding regimen... It'll who you into shape fast. Trying to drag a 480# sled out of a vertical drift in a ravine will dang near kill you... or at least me.

I still need to have more faith in my sled. I have commitment issues. That counter steer is intense.

Too bad I have to leave Sunday. This place is great!

I wish I didn't have to leave.

Good stuff! We'd really like to see that sled/ drift/ ravine shot. Bet you can do it again tomorrow, make sure to take pics.

Jacob

Good stuff! We'd really like to see that sled/ drift/ ravine shot. Bet you can do it again tomorrow, make sure to take pics.

I'll post some pictures when I get back home! It was another amazing day! I've certainly broke in my new sled. Those baby trees are like a magnet to my front bumper. It was definitely some technical riding today (for me atleast). We had to navigate some Creek beds and definitely found some traction rocks. Our guide Nate even had to break out the saw!

It's a 100 star rating up here!! I'll never be able to ride trails again. This is an expensive addiction...

willey

I'll post some pictures when I get back home! It was another amazing day! I've certainly broke in my new sled. Those baby trees are like a magnet to my front bumper. It was definitely some technical riding today (for me atleast). We had to navigate some Creek beds and definitely found some traction rocks. Our guide Nate even had to break out the saw!

It's a 100 star rating up here!! I'll never be able to ride trails again. This is an expensive addiction...

Welcome to the club! Can't wait to see the pictures.

srxsrule

I'll never be able to ride trails again. This is an expensive addiction...

You got that right. I rode IA,MN,WI,MI,SD,ND, Manitoba and Ontario for 15 years.....Then I went out west and it was all over :) Since that first trip west I made one last trip north in about 2005 and have made about 55 trips out west. Get ready to put some miles on your truck and some $$$ on your bank card. Eric

Jacob

20131205_162434.jpg

20131207_102141.jpg

20131207_104414.jpg

IMG_20131205_061927.jpg

20131205_161556.jpg

Here are some pictures of our adventures!

***Here is an interesting note, on Monday December 9 - Yellowstone, WY, recorded the COLDEST temperature in the United States (-27 degrees F)

Jacob

20131207_141516.jpg

20131208_072517.jpg

20131206_113845.jpg

20131207_102230.jpg

20131207_104222.jpg

***The one pictures shows my engine temp of 3 degrees F... that was right after I pulled it over.

It sure was a fun trip - best vacation ever. All I will say is it was great having a guide, it allowed us to truly enjoy ourselves without the constant fear of "how do we get home".

After looking over my sled once I got home, we came away pretty unscathed. The M1000 ripped the right front suspension off, but the rental shop fixed that, I had to make some JB Weld modifications to the hand guards, and the M8 of the trip had an exhaust issue which we were also able to fix.

pez

Something I heard my first trip out there....take the hand guards off before riding out there. They will break on the first day.

doospunk

Jacob - Great pics, and sounds like you had a good time. 3rd picture on the second set you posted............., why was Nate riding the M? He said he was gonna give the Pro a try this year. Saw him tagged on Tog's FB page sitting on the RMK out of the crate last week too. (Not set up yet, changed mind, ??????)

D

Deleted member 10829

How did the Assault perform? I thought that was by far the best looking sled at the spring shows. Love the colors!

Jacob

I'm not real certain went he was on the M8... It sounded like he also has a "personal" sled for "personal" use. Maybe that's the RMK? Don't ask why, but he had to drive my sled for a little while and I drove his and it sure does have more power. It did require a little more effort to turn though.

My Assault 144 a pretty decent. A better operator could have made it look a lot better. I did struggle in certain areas where the snow was especially deep or steep. If a person was serious about Mountain Riding and only wanted to do that, I would not suggest buying the Switchback Assault.

So excited! Plane leaves tomorrow. Saratoga Wy Thurs, Fri and then Togwotee Sat, Sun, Mon. Wonder who our guide is on Sunday Monday?!?! It's like the night before Christmas!

carter

Merry Christmas to all. It has begun to snow. Little bit at a time and soon lots has come. Sat. and Sun. 3in...Mon, 3in........Mon. nite, 4in in town........there is lots of powder. So, you know the drill......Come one, come all to the greatest show on snow........more later...

- - - Updated - - -

Just for clarity, the guides this year are: Carter, Noah, Brent, Nathan, Lefty, Kent, Ty, Riley, Matt.......

Firecatguy

Merry Christmas to all. It has begun to snow. Little bit at a time and soon lots has come. Sat. and Sun. 3in...Mon, 3in........Mon. nite, 4in in town........there is lots of powder. So, you know the drill......Come one, come all to the greatest show on snow........more later...

- - - Updated - - -

Just for clarity, the guides this year are: Carter, Noah, Brent, Nathan, Lefty, Kent, Ty, Riley, Matt.......

if you keep making guys I ride with into guides, who am i going to ride with when i get another sled?

Marry Christmas Carter......

carter

So, Riley went out with a group of employees yesterday. Brought back 2 of them bloody.......seems there were trees on the trail yesterday that they ran into.......???...LOL...they all had a great ride.....rookies?????? Merry Christmas all mday today........

polarisrider1

And Avy danger? fill us in. Heard a snow boarded died today in an Avy in Jackson area, Cooke area also stricken. What's your take on this?