Carter's Corner 2013\14 season!!!! snow Reports from Togwotee....

Firecatguy

Happy Thanksgiving Carter.......Give me a call, tried call ya this am but you must be doing some last min Carpet work......

carter

First day up top.......let you know if this bomber storm dumps......sled set up, a little ride, getting it figured out. Also, a look at current conditions b/4 the dump.....more later...

carter

7 inches in the lot over Sunday nite......another 4 today and the storm isn't here yet......good to see the predump..........I'll ride tomorrow to break in sleds. Let you know on the conditions out there.............

Jacob

Thank you for that update! I'm looking forward to the final storm tally. Leaving in 24 hour!! !

carter

Another 3 inches today......Conditions are good...........still stuff not fully locked in by base....Nathan had 6 guys for 2 days , 2 trailing arms one side panel, and 1 hood. Visibility is bad cuz of the snow so we are hitting things.......Oh what fun.......

Jacob

We are en'route... Super pumped!

I just hope we can load all four sleds back in the trailer in similar condition to what they are now. Lol

Jacob

I'm cursed. This is a trip from ****. Left Mankato, MN, at 5 pm and it took 4 hours to drive 100 miles due to the horrible icy roads . It was glare ice and I don't think I breathed for 2 hours. I decided to drop down to Omaha NE and take I80 across Nebraska. We just crossed into Wyoming and filed up on diesel at some podunck town. THE ACTUAL TEMP IS - 15 DEGREES FAHRENHEI! At this rate, I hope we even make it out to Togwotee... LOL. Why is it we love to snowmobile again? Haha

I pray for a safe rest of the trip. ETA at Togwotee is noon!

polarisrider1

At least the highway didn't close on you while getting gas..... Had that happen coming home from Tog. a few years back. Sleeping in a gas station lobby sucks!

Jacob

We had a blast today. The Duramax diesel made it without gelling up! Heck yeah. We got to ride half the day and it was a blast. We found a nice chute right by the lodge and just beat it up. Lots of hidden treasures. An M1000 with us destroyed his Right Front suspension. It's awesome! I can't wait for the guide tomorrow!! Woooohooooo! It's heaven here!!!

polarisrider1

We had a blast today. The Duramax diesel made it without gelling up! Heck yeah. We got to ride half the day and it was a blast. We found a nice chute right by the lodge and just beat it up. Lots of hidden treasures. An M1000 with us destroyed his Right Front suspension. It's awesome! I can't wait for the guide tomorrow!! Woooohooooo! It's heaven here!!!

And you thought we were just making it all up! Have Fun!

JasonF

Pictures please!

Jacob

We had an amazing experience today! I was lucky enough to get some advice from Carter and exchange some stories. The key piece of advice, never explore down hill.

We had Nate as our guide and he was fantastic. Right when we got back we booked him for tomorrow. What I liked most about Nate is that he helped me get unstuck and then assured me "it was the sleds fault" lol wink wink.

It's amazing out here. Still lots of unexpected obstacles under the snow. Plenty of scratches on my brand new sled lol.

If you ever need to get in shape, follow a mountain riding regimen... It'll who you into shape fast. Trying to drag a 480# sled out of a vertical drift in a ravine will dang near kill you... or at least me.

I still need to have more faith in my sled. I have commitment issues. That counter steer is intense.

Too bad I have to leave Sunday. This place is great!

I wish I didn't have to leave.

L

lenny

We had an amazing experience today! I was lucky enough to get some advice from Carter and exchange some stories. The key piece of advice, never explore down hill.

We had Nate as our guide and he was fantastic. Right when we got back we booked him for tomorrow. What I liked most about Nate is that he helped me get unstuck and then assured me "it was the sleds fault" lol wink wink.

It's amazing out here. Still lots of unexpected obstacles under the snow. Plenty of scratches on my brand new sled lol.

If you ever need to get in shape, follow a mountain riding regimen... It'll who you into shape fast. Trying to drag a 480# sled out of a vertical drift in a ravine will dang near kill you... or at least me.

I still need to have more faith in my sled. I have commitment issues. That counter steer is intense.

Too bad I have to leave Sunday. This place is great!

I wish I didn't have to leave.

lol,,,,I love it. Your excitement is awesome, wish I was there now, look what did!