Carter's Corner 2015/16 Snow Reports and Talk from Togwotee.

carter

I want to announce to all you crazy's, I have a new winter ride. I picked up a 2004 F-150 supercab. Its dark blue and has a topper. I will have it at Hay Days. I say this for all you webcam watchers so when I'm up there riding and you are at home drooling you can find my truck and be pissed off and continue to drool.........or not.......HEHEHEHEHE.....

carter

We Polaris riding guides are on the standard,Derek thought better to wait one year for the bugs to be worked out on the new one. The cat guides are on Pros..........for me the standard is the way to go anyway as I turn it into a pro front, with the fox shocks and all the black plastic. The black Pearl rides again.........

cooksend

We Polaris riding guides are on the standard,Derek thought better to wait one year for the bugs to be worked out on the new one. The cat guides are on Pros..........for me the standard is the way to go anyway as I turn it into a pro front, with the fox shocks and all the black plastic. The black Pearl rides again.........

When ya get it all prepped post up a pic! Gotta know what I am looking for on the mountain this year!

carter

No need to post a picture, just look for the black blurr.........LOL....ok, the sad part is it will be together about the first day of riding...and I will get it posted..

carter

Saturday departure, headed to Minnesota, a week to play then Hay Days 12th and 13th.....Come on down..........

carter

Back from Hay Days and on my way into town I saw a trace of snow covering the top of the Tetons.....not a lot but a trace.........now I know this happens all fall, but already.........I'm sure it won't hold but Hmmmmmm.....

cooksend

Back from Hay Days and on my way into town I saw a trace of snow covering the top of the Tetons.....not a lot but a trace.........now I know this happens all fall, but already.........I'm sure it won't hold but Hmmmmmm.....

You know a pic would really get us going Carter! How do we know you are not just telling us a fish story? LOL
Just kidding but hey I do still like picture books!

carter

Truth be known...I have a flip phone that takes crappy pictures.....I'm going to ask a friend to help with this. She drives past the Tetons every day to work. More later.....

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I just went to the Togwotee webcam and found a good one......roof covered, and car roofs covered.....

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Cripes, just go to the NCN and see and right now the lodge has a dusting And the pass has a sloppy inch or so.

cooksend

Cripes, just go to the NCN and see and right now the lodge has a dusting And the pass has a sloppy inch or so.

Not sure how to take the "Cripes"? Just trying to keep the forum content rolling during the off season John. I think most of us keep an eye on the Cam's. Just nice to see a pic from a different view sometimes.

apholbrook

When is a good time to ride in Wyoming? Planning on making our first trip out there but not sure when to go. Is early February good or should we shoot for second week in march?

willey

When is a good time to ride in Wyoming? Planning on making our first trip out there but not sure when to go. Is early February good or should we shoot for second week in march?

Both times can be excellent. Nice thing about March is that the days are longer allowing for more time on the snow. It's really is a crap shot depending upon weather and how Mother Nature lays it down prior to and while you are there.

cooksend

Feb is typically the best month for freshies. However as willey stated both can be amazing. What are you riding for sleds? How much experience do you have in the mountains and what are your expectations for terrain?

Figured I would help you out on the riding zones as well. If you do Togwotee it is huge and has great riding in many spots. Follow the red line from your cabin on this map to the killer riding areas! ;)
Map to Riding.jpg

Last edited:

apholbrook

Thanks for the replies. It will be the first time for three of us and the second time for the other three. We have a 2013 cat M8000 153", 2007 summit 151", 2010 Renegade 136"x1.75". I'm not sure on the others. Planning on staying at bear lodge, unless that's a bad idea? Hoping to find deep powder and some nice hills, most of us are pretty novice when it comes to mountain riding so we dont want to end up at the bottom of some cliff until next spring. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

pez

Thanks for the replies. It will be the first time for three of us and the second time for the other three. We have a 2013 cat M8000 153", 2007 summit 151", 2010 Renegade 136"x1.75". I'm not sure on the others. Planning on staying at bear lodge, unless that's a bad idea? Hoping to find deep powder and some nice hills, most of us are pretty novice when it comes to mountain riding so we dont want to end up at the bottom of some cliff until next spring. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Take am Avy class and get a guide would be my tip.

cooksend

What PEZ said for sure. Also be sure you don't leave the parking lot without a Shovel, Probe and Beacon with the knowledge to use them. However the best skill is learning how to avoid having to use them. Be sure all those in your group are on that same mindset and have enough self control to stay off the hill when necessary! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions regarding gear and so on. I have never ridden the Horns but know many who have. Trust me, you will be humbled in a huge way!
Keeper pinned, post pics and have a ball...