Carter's Corner 2015/16 Snow Reports and Talk from Togwotee.

9287jake

What happened with prices for the winter package? Called two weeks ago and got a price of $350 for 6 nights 5 days for 4 guys and call today to book it and now they say $900 a person? Usually every year we pay between $300 to $400 for the trip. Did it really go up that much?

polarisrider1

What happened with prices for the winter package? Called two weeks ago and got a price of $350 for 6 nights 5 days for 4 guys and call today to book it and now they say $900 a person? Usually every year we pay between $300 to $400 for the trip. Did it really go up that much?

Yup. Depends on dates. Checking myself and found the same.

carter

Your $350 price quote has to be a mistake.......while at Hay Days I saw pre season rate numbers around $157 a nite per person per nite....now I don't know the rates and I don't quote the rates, but just simple math says it can't be $350. That would be $58 a nite per person and I know that isn't right........Call the Central Res. number and ask for the pre-season rate and start again....

carter

I don't understand why we have to go through this every year. A per day rate has several things in it that make it a good and fair value. Traveling the country one finds that hotel rooms are all above $100 a nite......this rate system we have adds food, happy hour, guides, and transportation from the airport should you need that......most guys I talk to say its fair.......

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to spend time on this site having to explain to guys who want to complain about rates every year......our season is too short for that.......get your butts out here and enjoy all that the mountains have to offer.....the rates are just part of it all....

pez

I think the issue is properly training the reservation staff. I know they are sitting in some back room in Arizona, but they have no idea and I feel like I am educating them on their own packages. Takes a few calls to get it right.

9287jake

Whoa wasn't trying to complain about prices I just thought I was doing something wrong. Either I or the lady working must have been confused. I was just trying to see if anyone else had the same price.....

polarisrider1

Whoa wasn't trying to complain about prices I just thought I was doing something wrong. Either I or the lady working must have been confused. I was just trying to see if anyone else had the same price.....

Price Also has to do with how many guys you stuff in a room.

JasonF

Your $350 price quote has to be a mistake.......while at Hay Days I saw pre season rate numbers around $157 a nite per person per nite....now I don't know the rates and I don't quote the rates, but just simple math says it can't be $350. That would be $58 a nite per person and I know that isn't right........Call the Central Res. number and ask for the pre-season rate and start again....

Holy crap, I hope I haven't been overpaying but typically for us to have 3 guys in a cabin its $900-950 pp for six nights on the package. Just booked a couple cabins a week ago for the end of January and it fell within that range again this year, this also works out to about what Carter posted for a per night rate.
I

JasonF

Carter,
What are you guys offering for sled rentals this season? A friend that rents called the reservation center just recently and she said he had his choice of either a Polaris RMK or Ski-Doo Summit. Just wondered if this is accurate as last season the Doo's were unavailable through the lodge?

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last time I was in Tog, two years ago, we got a suite, slept 4 of us just fine, at 109.00 a night per person, and that was the classic winter package.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just checked Togs website. Classic winter package March 6-11th, suite, 4 guys, 136.00 a night per person. Must book by November 31st. Great deal.

Firecatguy

yeap 136$ pp per night on the classic package we are looking at booking jan or feb...

doo eh? no kittys? like switch it up check out the latest iron before I buy

indy_500

The classic winter package is a bargain IMO. Loved everything about it last year, except the WiFi. That sucked LOL

Last edited:

carter

Yes, we have Doo's this year. Not many, so check out your dates and be the first to act to get one...

carter

I'm having a tough time understanding the talk about El Nino......but if I'm getting it right its saying warm and wet and that in mountain speak is snow, so do your snow dance and lets get on with the show.......