Carter's Corner 2016/2017 Season Snow reports and snow talk from Togwotee

carter

A new season is upon us. Hope the summer went well for everyone. Now, lets get it on and may the snow gods shine on us....

pez

May have some snow coming this weekend. :)

i was was at the lodge a few days ago for a fall trip. Wow is it beautiful there !

Last edited:

carter

My have some snow coming this weekend. :)

i was was at the lodge a few days ago for a fall trip. Wow is it beautiful there !

With all the rain this past week, the tops of the Tetons have snow.......that sure is a start....some of that will hold and some will melt, but what a start...

9287jake

Hey Carter booked my trip to Togwotee for February 5 to 11 and trying to make sure I get either you or Noah as a guide. It's only me and my brother and realize we will be paired up with another group but don't want to ride with a group of beginners. The last year we went out the lady that took our reservation promised we would be paired with other experienced riders but ended up being a group that was there first time out west. Any help would be appreciated.

carter

Get me more info........full name, and address.....then, come in nite before and jump me or Noah......we will make it happen....Feb.is tricky with group size lots of people there, but with 2 of us on your list I don't see a problem.

9287jake

Get me more info........full name, and address.....then, come in nite before and jump me or Noah......we will make it happen....Feb.is tricky with group size lots of people there, but with 2 of us on your list I don't see a problem.

PM sent

carter

Well.......we got our first pain in the ...... snow last night. In town 2+ on the ground and still coming down. Wet, sloppy, and fun to drive in. Mountain tops are pounded....Targhee pounded......Togwotee has inches in the parking lot....don't expect it to last long as the ground has no freeze yet but what a sight on Oct. 6.......more Later......."Come one come all to the greatest show on snow"....

carter

Time for everyone to do a snow dance. I always get a little concerned this time of year, waiting for the snow. Then, bang the big dump......50 degree days in Wyoming in November need to go away. Help!!!!!! Dance.....

carter

Ok, who was dancing?? Jackson got hit, 3 inches and still coming down....Togwotee got some and I can't tell how much.....so it begins. Now stay away warm weather at Tog........Makes me smile......

carter

I'm on an Axys 800. Yes, the black pearl will be back....have to see it to figure what all to change out. All new plastic as none of the Pro stuff fits....I did have my Fox shocks rebuilt for the Axys, that will be good.....Now that snow is on the ground I'm getting excited. I will see the sled on Tues. And to all who read Western Riding....Happy Thanksgiving....

carter

Simple answer is yes...........The radio's most of us have are on the FRS frequency......or family radio system. This system in most all radios has a channel and a sub channel. As long as all your radio's are tuned to the same setting it doesn't matter what Brand name the radio is. However, there are a few lower priced radios out there without sub channels. If a guy in your group has one of those, the rest of the group can tune to his channel and a zero sub channel number and they all will work together. The BCA unit is nice in that you can quickly tune the mic as it has 4 I think settings....A, B, C, D,.....Very good radio....several of the guides had them last year. I have been using a radio system for so long its like not wearing underwear if I go out without one. The mic to the radio in the backpack keeps the radio protected, and puts the mic where you want it. I like it under my right ear. You are flying through a meadow and the thing starts to squawk, you know some one is on it, and you can get to a stop before using your throttle hand to respond.....kind of a safe thing for you. Most radios out there are the short distance type. Can't talk to the lodge 10 miles away....can't talk to a buddy stuck behind you 3 or 4 miles back, this is a real good short distance thing between friends riding together....under the ear, hear a noise, whats up, stop to check it out, and go back to help......I want you to know I have had occasion to hear people from a long way off when I'm up high and the line of sight is good and the signal can travel.So, to answer the question....the BCA is a good radio......

ezra

Carter do you know if the BCA link system works with the regular hand held radios you use?

the bca is a nice set up . I know they work with our RCA set ups . a lot less money than I kicked out for the RCA's we have also . I really like the fact u have controls on the mic also. it is what I would buy if shopping for a new radio

carter

Went over Togwotee Pass today.........I can say I'm getting excited........just happened to look over in a spot and saw 14 inches on top of a down tree......that was at about 9000........the guides will do depth check in a day or two, and more storms are on the way.....its looking like a good start.......