Carter's Corner 2016/2017 Season Snow reports and snow talk from Togwotee

carter

The big dump.........showing 14 inches coming, don't know if that's in the yard or on top....if its yard then 20+ at 10000......can you say smiling........

carter

Wed., my first day.....going to be cold....-15.....afternoon ride with a couple of guys who are really excited.....yes it will warm up but the start will pucker my pucker. I hope I can ride a little good stuff and let you all know the early season conditions start.......more later.................."Come one, come all to the greatest show on snow"....

cooksend

Wed., my first day.....going to be cold....-15.....afternoon ride with a couple of guys who are really excited.....yes it will warm up but the start will pucker my pucker. I hope I can ride a little good stuff and let you all know the early season conditions start.......more later.................."Come one, come all to the greatest show on snow"....

Looking forward to the update. Hoping to find some rideable snow next week and have Togwotee on my radar!

carter

My Wednesday update........the 2 guys I had today were not able to ride very well off trail, so I spend the afternoon in Squaw Basin. Riding in 2+ feet of powder to the dirt.....track hooked a couple of times on the dirt and threw the sled. Actually a ok day of riding. Reports have parts of Game creek at 3+ feet......considering 2 weeks ago we had dirt, this ain't bad for a start. The big news is forcast is for 12+ starting Fri.......and its warming up a bit......thats it for now..........

cooksend

My Wednesday update........the 2 guys I had today were not able to ride very well off trail, so I spend the afternoon in Squaw Basin. Riding in 2+ feet of powder to the dirt.....track hooked a couple of times on the dirt and threw the sled. Actually a ok day of riding. Reports have parts of Game creek at 3+ feet......considering 2 weeks ago we had dirt, this ain't bad for a start. The big news is forcast is for 12+ starting Fri.......and its warming up a bit......thats it for now..........

Thanks for the update Carter!

carter

Update.....we are under a storm warning........18 inches in the mountains and 12 inches on the valley floor.....that 18 inch call is for the Gros Ventre range just south of Togwotee riding area....so we will get a lot of it as well....talked to the guys at B&M Fabricating and they are headed out this afternoon and already new about the storm, so it's real........you snow dancers been doing good..........more later...

carter

......And.......just checked National Weather Service for our area, and it's forcast says through Sat. afternoon possible totals are 23 inches......oh boy,.....gonna get whopped.........keep dancing til I yell uncle........

carter

Calling for snow totals of 34 inches by Sun. morning, with no stoping in sight......think about it......if we get half of that we are one step away from epic........and yes it will be bottomless with crap under to hit.......now if we get it all, well I got a Turbo to ride and the rest of you are screwed.......ok,I made a joke. Hey gang its happening.......come on out......more later...

carter

Those dates are blackout dates....I think you know that as you have booked. If you are staying somewhere else and riding Togwotee, the blackout date means no package deals, only alacart. Either way the guide fee is $59 per person per day not including a gratuity.......If you are serious, don't wait....we are really booked up at Christmas.......

- - - Updated - - -

Went out for a couple hours today........got up into the lower meadows in game creek......we went from dirt to deep really quick......conditions are deep and bottomless.I was riding in 3 on 3.......right now the conditions are what you dream about......still the problem of buried stuff to hit but its deep enough that most of it is being floated over......come get it.........

darends123

We are staying at Togwotee Lodge. I didn't book my buddy did so i good info on the blackout date. Anyways, we will call and request you. Thanks!!

carter

Update......Noah said EPIC right now.........he's right.......and another foot forecast by Fri. nite, This is what the mountain rider dreams about.......this is what we have to remember when it gets hardpack later in the year.. So, if you are on the fence, make it happen........right now, "the greatest show on snow"...

darends123

Called today today for guide. Requested you, Carter. Rental shop said they should be able to make that happen for the 26th. See ya SOON! Thanks for the updates...

pez

Snow is very deep. my first day out, bent an upper a-arm. Then the snow came. And lots of it! Over the hood powder for days. Pictures do not do it justice.

IMG_8030.jpg IMG_7982.jpg IMG_7981.jpg IMG_8288.jpg

carter

Sun came out for 2 days....snow did become a little set up......not afraid to climb some things.....cold...-22 to start the day....warms to -3........its going to warm up and more snow on the way........Merry Christmas to all........