Carter's Corner 2016/2017 Season Snow reports and snow talk from Togwotee

indy_500

Snow was good, my trip was not! Snapped off ski and a sprained knee my 2nd day was not cool, but best snow at Togwotee I've ridden over new years in the last 3 years. FWIW there's areas in the snowys that just got 4' of fresh, a good 2'-3' across most of CO too 2 days ago. Tog probably got 8" across the 4 days I was there... I know where I'd be heading...

srt20

Snow was good, my trip was not! Snapped off ski and a sprained knee my 2nd day was not cool, but best snow at Togwotee I've ridden over new years in the last 3 years. FWIW there's areas in the snowys that just got 4' of fresh, a good 2'-3' across most of CO too 2 days ago. Tog probably got 8" across the 4 days I was there... I know where I'd be heading...

4 ft would be conservative... we got here on Wednesday in the snow. Lot of fresh powder, with 2-3 ft more coming sunday-tuesday, higher amounts on west side according to NOAA.

indy_500

Not much chatter... for those that don't know Tog has received over 4 feet the last 4 days. The highway was shut down both ways leaving the lodge. Gas station ran out of fuel since no fuel trucks could run the roads to deliver, restaurant was running out of food, and the lodge was left without power for a bit. Absolutely pummeled with snow...

Not much chatter... for those that don't know Tog has received over 4 feet the last 4 days. The highway was shut down both ways leaving the lodge. Gas station ran out of fuel since no fuel trucks could run the roads to deliver, restaurant was running out of food, and the lodge was left without power for a bit. Absolutely pummeled with snow...

I heard (second hand) the same from someone staying at the lodge right now.

Avy danger is super high at the moment as well.

23hawk

That makes me nervous, my son and I are scheduled to arrive there on Tues Jan 17. for 4 days of riding. Any other updates?

pez

23Hawk, make sure you get a guide and wear a avy pack, have probe, shovel and beacon and know how to use it.

carter

Thanks Pez.........great advice...........staying off the climbs is also good advice.....right now is great riding, you have to know what you are doing.........off trail meadows and trees. The lodge has gas as of last nite....power back on.....food trucks arrived and restocked...come on and lets make some tracks...

JasonF

My group will be out riding Jan 23rd- 27th, its almost go time! Seen a lot of people bitching on the Book of Faces about no power, no heat or food so I figured it must be bad or good!

super_b

Thanks Pez.........great advice...........staying off the climbs is also good advice.....right now is great riding, you have to know what you are doing.........off trail meadows and trees. The lodge has gas as of last nite....power back on.....food trucks arrived and restocked...come on and lets make some tracks...

Is the heat back on?? Sure made for a cold couple of nights in the lodge... :) Temps in the lodge were 45 degrees Friday morning. But, the riding sure made up for it! Awesome conditions. Snow did start settling Friday. Still found some good fresh!

- - - Updated - - -

You must have been there the same time I was..

9287jake

Looking at pulling the trigger on a turbo axys rmk. Would like to ride one before I spend the money. Question is if anyone around togwotee has a turbo axys to rent? Heading out first week of February. Bringing my own sled to ride most of the time just want to try the turbo a day or two. Thanks for the help.

carter

Can't let you test drive it, but I have one for sale. It flat ****s and gits...........2017 Axys Pro 155 Sno check Red.......with a Boondocker Sidekick turbo. 220 hp.....It has the lineal power system, where when you are at 1/4 throttle you are at 1/4 boost, and at full throttle you are at full boost. Add on's are an after market rear Shock, Zbros A-arms.....comes with a cover, belt, tether, and under seat bag. 12 miles on it. The guy who owns it is having health issues and won't ride this year. He's got reciets showing $21,000. He would entertain an offer........If this is something you would be interested in, PM me....The sled sits at Togwotee........

fireworks

Anyone from back home riding Tog this week that wouldn't mind me tagging along. Staying in Jackson for the winter. Snow has been good and another 18" upper elevation tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks, Brent

9287jake

Can't let you test drive it, but I have one for sale. It flat ****s and gits...........2017 Axys Pro 155 Sno check Red.......with a Boondocker Sidekick turbo. 220 hp.....It has the lineal power system, where when you are at 1/4 throttle you are at 1/4 boost, and at full throttle you are at full boost. Add on's are an after market rear Shock, Zbros A-arms.....comes with a cover, belt, tether, and under seat bag. 12 miles on it. The guy who owns it is having health issues and won't ride this year. He's got reciets showing $21,000. He would entertain an offer........If this is something you would be interested in, PM me....The sled sits at Togwotee........

Sent you a PM. Interested