Carter's Corner.....

carter

We got hammered.....8 in. overnite, and 3 during the day...Still got to be careful, the new stuff not quite enough to fill and soften all the hardpack but she is trying...Lost lake was a great ride today.....4 days of sun...we need more white stuff... but its ok for now.....see ya all soon...

chicagosledder

Carter we booked and are coming out Mar 7-111. I took your advice and spoke to techsledder, he was helpful. Is there anything extra besides the usual helmets and clothing we need to bring like backpacks or stuff like that?

carter

Its not that I've been quiet, its tough trying to respond to all the " no it all's.......everyone has an opinion on conditions and not any of them have been here.....we are one of 3 places in the country with rideable snow and still the bashing goes on.....New Years resolution........come riding and enjoy.......the conditions are actually pretty good...Mother nature spoiled everyone last year.....55 ft. thats nuts... well we have snow and riding is a blast..come one come all to the greatest show on snow.......

pale rider

i musta missed that greatest snow/show on earth ****,++that nutty 55 ft,didnt remember 60 ft
trees being almost covered,partly cloudy here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 10829

Well, they've had close to 5 feet or more in the UP and you don't see more than 18" on the ground. It's called settling and melting.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Well, they've had close to 5 feet or more in the UP and you don't see more than 18" on the ground. It's called settling and melting.

Mark, you would be surprised how many folks stop at the giant snow gauge near Phoenix and think that in the record breaking winter of 78-79 the snow was really 32 feet deep! Or in an average winter 20 feet deep!

-John

D

Deleted member 10829

I know, LOL. If that were the case, all of the houses and street lights etc. would be completely covered in a normal winter. Good humor!

polarisrider1

Mark, you would be surprised how many folks stop at the giant snow gauge near Phoenix and think that in the record breaking winter of 78-79 the snow was really 32 feet deep! Or in an average winter 20 feet deep!

-John
Hey, that was me back in my 1985 SRV days (In 1985). I felt cheated since only 2-3 feet were on the ground. ?????? lol

mnrmkrb

We just got back from tog on sat. Rode with Carter or should we say (Spot) and yes there are many tracks around Tog, however Spot put us in fresh snow every day. It was much better than we expected had a very good time. If your not with a local or a guide tog will be a little disappointing but with someone who knows there way around you will have a good time. Thanks again Carter for a good ride. If anyone wants to know why Carter is now known as Spot he will have to explain.

carter

Guys, go into the weather channel and type 83013 for Moran, Wy. It will help explain the weather patterns. That said, we are holding our own..guys who aren't using the guides are saying they are finding good stuff to ride in. one must get aggressive at looking but its out there.I had an awesome day yesterday, and found 3 new spots I have NEVER been in before.....great finds...Its there just waiting for you to find ride and enjoy....that said..........the weather patterns are a changing and to all you cluckers who cancel you are going to miss out on the dump a coming...time for you to get with the program.....get here ....ride...enjoy.....the greatest show on snow is about to SHOW....more later...

pez

Less then 3 weeks for me. I can't wait. Been looking forward to this since my first trip last year.

Star Valley
Special Weather Statement in effect

SIGNIFICANT WESTERN SNOWFALL EXPECTED MIDDLE TO LATE NEXT WEEK

SOME LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED EARLY IN THE WEEK

BUT HEAVIER SNOW *IS EXPECTED BY MIDWEEK

AS A LONG FETCH OF PACIFIC MOISTURE BECOMES *ESTABLISHED ACROSS THE REGION. A PROLONGED PERIOD OF SNOWFALL IS *EXPECTED ACROSS THE WEST

FROM WEDNESDAY THROUGH THE END OF THE *WEEK

WITH PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOWFALL AS DISTURBANCES MOVE ACROSS THE *ROCKIES. WARMER

PACIFIC AIR WILL PUSH INTO THE AREA

WITH SNOW *POSSIBLY CHANGING TO RAIN BELOW 7000 FEET LATE THURSDAY OR FRIDAY. *ADDITIONALLY

STRONG WINDS WILL ACCOMPANY THE SNOW NEXT WEEK.

nitroman

A MOIST...STRONG WESTERLY FLOW...IN COMBINATION WITH EMBEDDED
DISTURBANCES AND STRONG UPPER JET SUPPORT WILL RESULT IN A PROLONG
PERIOD OF SNOW OUT WEST...WITH PERIODS OF SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATING
SNOW FROM WEDNESDAY THROUGH AT LEAST FRIDAY. AREAS EAST OF THE DIVIDE
SHOULD REMAIN MAINLY DRY AND RELATIVELY MILD AS DOWNSLOPING CONDITIONS
ARE EXPECTED. AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL PROBABLY REMAIN NEAR THE NORTHERN
CWA BORDER WEDNESDAY BEFORE LIFTING NORTHWARD...MAKING FOR A CHALLENGING
TEMPERATURE FORECAST WEDNESDAY...ESPECIALLY FOR THE BUFFALO AREA.

Leaving tommorow night!!