Cooke City, Montana

polarisrider1

Day 3 here at Cooke City. I finally took the time to do all the password stuff and to get the Hotel Computer kinda switched over to work for me. It is dial up so be patient. I will not be posting pics for now. Jacob has that job. Avy conditions are a bit high. Tons of snow. Top of the world is were I have called home for the last 2 days and tomorrow. Yes we have carnage, not me!!! but the others will come forward in time. Heading out to some Honey holes at ???? (not telling) to do some filming for Flatlanders 2 and to do a cook out in the bush! The RMK Pro that I bought is to die for! I tried to blow it up today, no luck. lol I highly recommend the Pro RMK 800. Poo has it dialed perfectly. The sled loves to side hill and so do I. It is a great fit. It was minus 8 degrees this morning and I was testing some 1st layer stuff for Dunhams sporting goods today. Just shows you don't have to spend a lot to stay warm. Yes I also have my Klim and True North Adventure gear in tow. Sled Solutions thanks for the Mtn. Addiction gas tank, what a great setup! Now that I got this working I will report on Cooke City. Tons of snow, stay off the steep and deep for now but still plenty to ride!

polarisrider1

Forgot to mention but we have excellent footage of a certain individual that Skeedoo shot some footage of, but we are waiting back to hear what his folks have to say before we show it. Oh and it was some great sledding video at that! We hope he and his sled is not down for the count!

jmom800x

Cooke City, January 24th ride
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KgamS1vb7QI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KgamS1vb7QI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

polarisrider1

Just posted that Avy Danger is at "Moderate". Currently snowing and blowing big time. delayed going out for an hour due to visibility issues.

Last edited:

RevKev

bearclaw.jpg
Forgot to mention but we have excellent footage of a certain individual that Skeedoo shot some footage of, but we are waiting back to hear what his folks have to say before we show it. Oh and it was some great sledding video at that! We hope he and his sled is not down for the count!
Hope he is fine, Sled looks a bit long in the Tooth....

polarisrider1

Today Cooke City is "Considerable" on ALL Slopes, so be careful. http://www.mtavalanche.com/current
Thank you Kev, It changes constantly lately buy not for the better. They have Moderate posted at the hotel but was at extreme first thing this morning. We had blizzard like conditions all day. Rode in the trees, had limited visibility. We all are so thankful for the warming hut at Top of the World. Had a nice Canadian Bratworst cookout in the hut, Jeff provided the Brats.

polarisrider1

I think wintertime will come forward with his story. missed riding with my little buddy today. And Jacob should have some good footage to show.
I think I found the best strudel in america here at Bear Claw Bobs. Bob and his wife are the nicest people to meet!
If anyone is interested in Mtn. riding it is the Polaris RMK Pro 800 you really need to look at. It is the sled of choice at Cooke City. The sled loves to side hill and run down the trails at 85 mph with a 2.4" track.

jmom800x

Cooke City, MT - January 25th ride report
It was a day for the trees at elevation. The wind was whipping around the light accumulation fiercely making visibility very low on 'top'. We managed to tuck in some meadows and play off the smaller lake edges avoiding the wind for most of the day.
The snow up top is blowing and drifting in pockets making for some fluffy powder. Our tracks from Tuesday had vanished before our arrival this morning, making for a pleasant ride in new snow.

Rode with POOrider1 today...here is a picture of him plowing some pow on the meadow edge.

IMG_2878-web-poo-rider1.jpg

IMG_2888-web-walker.jpg

IMG_2983-dad-upside-down.jpg

IMG_2855-web-2-doos-down.jpg

IMG_2962-web-jeff.jpg

raco_guy

polarisrider1-

This is the guy who bought your back pack last year from Lansing....couple of us were thinking about heading up to WaWa area weekend of Feb 18th. I'm a past trail rider, but converted off-trail rider, and the guys going have summits and renegades. We know the trail system well, but not so much the off-trail in the area, so would love to go with someone who might know the area. Do you know when you were thinking about heading to WaWa?

polarisrider1

polarisrider1-

This is the guy who bought your back pack last year from Lansing....couple of us were thinking about heading up to WaWa area weekend of Feb 18th. I'm a past trail rider, but converted off-trail rider, and the guys going have summits and renegades. We know the trail system well, but not so much the off-trail in the area, so would love to go with someone who might know the area. Do you know when you were thinking about heading to WaWa?
I will let you know when I get home. Date sounds good for me, but need to double check.