Decisions decisions decisions.....

ezra

I hear you there highflyer. I picked her up a new slightly used helmet heated shield all ready to go even has the catcom deal and I bought another for my helmet as well. So we will be able to communicate easily. She will also be sporting a brand new fxr one piece suit I won last year at a ride in fits me horribly but her perfectly plus I don't typically wear such heavy sled clothing. I'm trying to give her all the advantages as I can because I do want her to enjoy it plus would be nice having another person in the group it's gotten smaller over the years

MOD
have fun with that suit when she has to piss in the woods. best sell it for a drop seat set of pants right now

snowchief

Bought my wife a 2015 indy 600 sp last year she loves it and I like taking it once in awhile myself fun sled, I try to plan our trips that she goes along on differently then the ones where I'll be trying to pound on some miles with few stops she will run 150-180 miles in a good day but prefers the 100-150 with few more stops usually our trips are 2.5 days she'll ride first half day then first full day then do something else last day we have a lot of fun on the one couples trip we go on every year set the cruise control and pick somewhere scenic so at least if you have to slow it down you got a view

LoveMyDobe

My Hubby sold his sled and bought a UTV. We still have a 2 up and I hate riding behind him, been thinking of buying my own now.The UTV General is OK but I'd rather ride my Scrambler.......

dfattack

No... No 2up a big mistake unless Mom wants to take a kid with her. I went thru the same thing back in the early 90s bought a new Indy deluxe 2up and neither one of us wanted to be a passenger. Which lead to a new Indy Lite Deluxe for my wife which lead to a new Mach for me & a new Grand Touring for her and our youngest daughter. The Lite went thru the family along with a Bravo and I started buying the biggest badest sleds on the market. Eventually my wife gave up the sport and I stayed in to ride with the guys and eventually by myself. Riding 2up gets old very fast and I have seen this repeat over and over with buds and their wives. Good luck! :)

You had to know I was going to comment on this...

As someone mentioned earlier, it all depends on your wife and what she wants to do. My wife likes being with me doing my guy things, but if it wasn't for me she probably wouldn't ride on her own. I respect that and like the fact she wants to be a part of what I like to do. She even wants to learn how to play golf. She rides with me on one or two trips a season. She really wants to go with me to Quebec and ride after we traveled there to check out the area in September last year. I don't see her ever wanting to be on her own sled. Again, every woman will be different. I bought her the very best gear to wear so she was always warm. She wears a tech vest from Diva's (she likes the bling on it) and hasn't been cold. I don't take her out below zero for obvious reasons, but has ridden in the low single digits and didn't get cold. I upgraded the rear handle warmers so I actually have to turn the heat down on some days. I used to ride on the back of a 2-up while teaching my son to ride and found the rear hand warmers didn't work very well stock. Now I use the 2up to ride with my wife and if I have a friend come up who doesn't have his own sled, they will use the 2up.

Now Pete, I know you can't be talking about me...we did 280 miles on that trip to L'Anse through the pipe line and pretty much kept up with you with my wife on the back of my sled! :worked_till_5am:

whitedust

You had to know I was going to comment on this...

As someone mentioned earlier, it all depends on your wife and what she wants to do. My wife likes being with me doing my guy things, but if it wasn't for me she probably wouldn't ride on her own. I respect that and like the fact she wants to be a part of what I like to do. She even wants to learn how to play golf. She rides with me on one or two trips a season. She really wants to go with me to Quebec and ride after we traveled there to check out the area in September last year. I don't see her ever wanting to be on her own sled. Again, every woman will be different. I bought her the very best gear to wear so she was always warm. She wears a tech vest from Diva's (she likes the bling on it) and hasn't been cold. I don't take her out below zero for obvious reasons, but has ridden in the low single digits and didn't get cold. I upgraded the rear handle warmers so I actually have to turn the heat down on some days. I used to ride on the back of a 2-up while teaching my son to ride and found the rear hand warmers didn't work very well stock. Now I use the 2up to ride with my wife and if I have a friend come up who doesn't have his own sled, they will use the 2up.

Now Pete, I know you can't be talking about me...we did 280 miles on that trip to L'Anse through the pipe line and pretty much kept up with you with my wife on the back of my sled! :worked_till_5am:

C is awesome and a gamer for sure. During the Lanse ride C was the focus and I wanted her to have fun and enjoy herself so I hung back gave you the lead RT so C would not have to choke down snowdust all day. I can always ride fast anytime and was not important so paced off you all day. However bud you do tear *** thru the twistys with C and I was impressed at how well she did! She tucked in behind you no problem for a big ride day and hardly any breaks. EPS on the Venture 2up is the only way to have a 2up especially the way you two rip it. lol...

The flip side to you and C was when Ken bought your cherry Venture 2up without EPS. I kept trying to sell Ken on your Vector but he wouldn't listen and had tunnel vision on the Venture and bought it. I asked him on the way home why no interest in the Vector and he said Linda would ride the 2up with him.... I said are you sure???... he said yes. So Ken buys Linda a nice new outfit and they take a short RT ride to dinner in Sayner. Seemed to go well but Linda backed out of all other invitations to ride with Ken and she finally said 1 and done....lol... The next thing I know Ken is wondering what he is doing with a 2up???... lol... so I call Kip and we find Ken an outstanding used low mile SE that he just turned 12,000 miles and he is getting a new iceripper track at Pat's this week. Mean time Linda sips hot chocolate by the fire at home and the 2up is long gone...lol

So the moral of this story is C is special and I never saw a chick ride a 2up hard like that and prolly never will again....you are a lucky man and she can cook too...lol...only wife I know that packs a warm thermos for her man when he rides with buds and follows us on a spot....right on!!!...lol

Last edited:

whitedust

have fun with that suit when she has to piss in the woods. best sell it for a drop seat set of pants right now

Right on with that!...with a one piece everything will have to come off trail side when nature calls.. Sounds like you and me are married to the same chick....lol ...that one piece would have ended up with me where the sun don't shine.:)

towtruck

if you want your wife on sled trips - take her up during the week- if not take her on a holiday weekend -or any weekend- be sure to ride saturday

Modman440

I very much want her to rode with us! And he!! No to weekends been rising 16 years and refuse to ride weekends unless I'm on private property like the 40. People are crazy I remember back in the day all the cat boys with there triples piped and canned cowboyin it up. I also remember having a d bag cut a turn way to sharp and hooking my ski with his on my 580 ripped everything clean off both sleds and blaming me for it. Had a bruise on my leg the size of a football helmet. Even now I have issues with walking when it's cold because of that accident. I stopped riding weekends after that. If we go up for 9 10 day we avoid trails on weekends and will trailer to our property or other friends properties. The weekend worrier crowd is just not my scene. Last ride last year we were up in paradise it was a Friday and seen 6 guys all on rmks 2 were turbo ed and all there tracks were bent clear over from riding on trails with them crazyness....

MOD