Deer...moving around on trails

Attak man

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up...with the deep snow in the woods in northern Wisconsin, we are seeing more deer on the trails...SO BE ON THE LOOK OUT...WE had two sleds this week come in totalled from smoking deer...thankfully the drivers were alright....but pay attention out there

Tomg

No kidding! Deer scared the crap out of me 3 times riding Presque Isle / Bolder Junction area last week. Fortunately no deer or sleds were harmed in the making of this story.

towtruck

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up...with the deep snow in the woods in northern Wisconsin, we are seeing more deer on the trails...SO BE ON THE LOOK OUT...WE had two sleds this week come in totalled from smoking deer...thankfully the drivers were alright....but pay attention out there

no injuries so................
those deer are not old enough to be smoking OR be on the trial without a mature adult deer

nc666

That's where a mountain can comes in handy to scare them off.

favoritos

How many people have hit deer around Ewen and Bruce Crossing? That area always makes me a little nervous.

sjb

Rode yesterday with the bride in NE Wisconsin. I didn't keep exact track, but in 120 miles had to be around 40 deer. No close calls thankfully. But yes, agree, lot of deer around.

xcr440

That's where a mountain can comes in handy to scare them off.

If loud obnoxious noises that piss off private land owners actually caused deer to move - why do you think the phrase is: "Like a deer in the head lights" - They don't move until they see something moving.

sjb

If loud obnoxious noises that piss off private land owners actually caused deer to move - why do you think the phrase is: "Like a deer in the head lights" - They don't move until they see something moving.

To your point, I bet out of the 40 deer I saw yesterday, ~10 were bedded. With our super quiet 4 strokes, and going at a low speed, they never moved. :tongue2:

snobuilder

10 deer and 20 turkeys this past weekend.
Came across a fresh deer kill on the NST 2 weeks back. Fat doe missing hide from her chest and no sled parts scattered about.... must have been a perfect hit. She was still rectal warm . i ain't no trail side gutter ,...just hope someone harvested her.

indy_500

Grippin and rippin the 3" rmk onda fresh 6" a powder or ya got a relic left around from your sled shed era?
I have 2 trail sleds a 2000 Polaris touring 600 and a 2004 Polaris pro x 2 600
so did Outagamie county open or something else
Waupaca did. The county line is highway 45, I parked at the park and ride west of Dale on the corner of hwy 45/96

Last edited:

elf

Two weeks ago a guy hit a moose up the north shore on his sled. Anybody familiar with the area from what i understand he was riding on the 600 road.

xcr440

Two weeks ago a guy hit a moose up the north shore on his sled. Anybody familiar with the area from what i understand he was riding on the 600 road.

WOW - So they are all over up there again - What's his name at the Stoney River Café is still a non-believer.

elf

WOW - So they are all over up there again - What's his name at the Stoney River Café is still a non-believer.

Tom is funny. Listening to him and wife arguing about orders back there is funny. We stopped in there last yr for breakfast one morning and he had a closed sign up. So we went in and asked if he was open and he said for snowmobilers he was open but he would leave the sign up to keep the bird watchers out.

We've seen 3 moose this yr so far. I was surprised last weekend where we were that we didn't even see a track with all the fresh snow as it was the same area we'd seen the others this yr.