Detachable 2up seat? Doo or Poo or?

srt20

Whats the best detachable 2up setup?

My kids are getting old enough to ride with me now, actually I probably could have did this a year ago or so but...
Two boys 8 and 6. I highly doubt an adult will ever ride behind me on it. So adult comfort is of no concern.
Just want them to be safe obviously, not fall off. Comfort is a priority as well, though I doubt either will go with me on longer rides. Most likely be 100 mile or less around home.

So what's everyone like or using? The Doo 1+1 deal or the Polaris setup? Cost isn't a concern unless its a $1500 difference between them.

Im due for a new sled anyway, but the actual sled is not a concern at all. Im sure I can find a Doo chassis or a Polaris chassis I can be happy on. Or even AC for that matter, though I haven't seen any detachable 2up seat from them.
So Im not brand loyal and dont want this to have anything to do with the sleds performance or reliability, etc.

Thanks!

maddogg

I have a seat jack on the back of the wife's sled. Kimpex has a very nice line for different sleds. My sled is a typical 2 up. I do like the Doo 1+1 though.

eagle1

Doo hands down. Just rode 100 miles with wife on back. Seat, backrest, turn up torsion springs, taller windshield turns my Renegade X into grandpa sled in 5 minutes. Lol

IMG_20200219_134225.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_134204.jpg
    IMG_20200219_134204.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 48

Pmknman

We just bought a Polaris titan 800 xc from pats and yes kip will now know who this is,,, it simply rocks we paid for the up grade seat n rack.. 800 2 stroke 155 x 20 wide .. yup 20 wide.. my max speed cruising 2 up 76 mph our average speed is like 36 mph.. rides is great handles well now that I have played with shocks and clickers.. I am used to cats with full float set ups so a learning curve has been needed... we typically ride off trail with paddle tracks so.. sitting down trail riding has been a change.. and well my 7 year old daughter has done 120 plus mile days on this beast we have broken trail in the steep n deep just to see what it has and well cat sure has an issue with me keeping to a 20 plus year record of new out of the crate sleds,, for this family of boon dockers and maybe just maybe my wife will grab a hold of a new 850 poo next year and retire her mod sled she has had for 10 plus years sorry cat but best to step up now... oh ya I would only buy a titan again... I’m no doo fan but dang it sure is nice it can do it all in the right hands,,,

indy_500

No experience owning either, but seeing the Doo 1+1 seat in person I’d have to say it’s hard to beat.

garageguy

I have a m-Jack seat which is the same as the p-Jack seat.its ment for a artic cat sled. I have it on a 06 polaris fst. It has brackets that are attached to the back of the tunnel seat goes on and off in seconds. No heated grips but a nice back rest. Works good for what it is.

Attak man

The 1+1's are awesome, and quick to put on and remove. I have three in stock for Gen4 (860201837), and two for XM, and XS(860202040), and I can get the heated passenger grips for them as well (860201840 Gen 4, and 860202030 for xm, xs chassis).....I'll give ya a great "end of season" deal on either if you stop by and see me....also have clothing and left over helmets 30 percent off....sorry shameless plug....lol

gkolar

I had the older style 1+1 seat on my Doo, little rough getting it on and off but it got the job done fine and worked well. The new LINQ 1+1 is awesome and my next sled will have it. The backrest is higher and the whole thing goes on and off much easier. These seats are perfect for someone who mostly rides single but sometimes needs to ride double with kids or the wife but doesn't want a 2-up. They are pricey, its all about functionality.

dothedoo

Have the Doo 2 UP Seat for my 09 XR. I actually just took it off this morning, as my son is going to take it for a spin. I didn't time myself, but I"m guessing about 30 seconds to remove the backrest, seat, and put the stock seat back on. lol

It works great, and is a relative bargain at 1/2 the cost of a decent used 2 up sled! lol!

Highflyer

I have the new 2-up seat option for Polaris and love it. The seat goes on and off in 10 seconds. You go from having a 2-up sled to my XCR in seconds. when the seat is off you can't even tell it would have this option. As for the seat, my wife loves it. Its very comfortable, has hand guards, heated grips and a plug in for a heated shield. I'm sure the skidoo option is solid as well but I wouldn't be shy to adding it to any new polaris sled. For reference, I use it on my 2019 Indy XC 800 129" or it can go on my 2020 XCR.

srt20

Ok, sounds like the doo 1+1 is pretty popular.

Next question is, does it work better on a 137" vs 121" or whatever doo's shortest sled is?
I haven't owned any doo's in a long time, so Im not up to speed on their lengths.
Truth be told, Id probably prefer a 137" but its not super important as far as riding. It will be a trail sled only.

- - - Updated - - -

We just bought a Polaris titan 800 xc from pats and yes kip will now know who this is,,, it simply rocks we paid for the up grade seat n rack.. 800 2 stroke 155 x 20 wide .. yup 20 wide.. my max speed cruising 2 up 76 mph our average speed is like 36 mph.. rides is great handles well now that I have played with shocks and clickers.. I am used to cats with full float set ups so a learning curve has been needed... we typically ride off trail with paddle tracks so.. sitting down trail riding has been a change.. and well my 7 year old daughter has done 120 plus mile days on this beast we have broken trail in the steep n deep just to see what it has and well cat sure has an issue with me keeping to a 20 plus year record of new out of the crate sleds,, for this family of boon dockers and maybe just maybe my wife will grab a hold of a new 850 poo next year and retire her mod sled she has had for 10 plus years sorry cat but best to step up now... oh ya I would only buy a titan again... I’m no doo fan but dang it sure is nice it can do it all in the right hands,,,

Does the rack stay on the sled or does it come off with seat? And is it available for regular sled? I have no interest at all in a 20" wide track. I have a few RMK's for out west backcountry riding. This is strictly for trail riding around here.

Attak man

Ok, sounds like the doo 1+1 is pretty popular.

Next question is, does it work better on a 137" vs 121" or whatever doo's shortest sled is?
I haven't owned any doo's in a long time, so Im not up to speed on their lengths.
Truth be told, Id probably prefer a 137" but its not super important as far as riding. It will be a trail sled only.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the rack stay on the sled or does it come off with seat? And is it available for regular sled? I have no interest at all in a 20" wide track. I have a few RMK's for out west backcountry riding. This is strictly for trail riding around here.

The shortest ski doo makes currently is a 129...and the 4 strokes all come in a 137 (in GEN 4),,,however they made 1+1 seats for the XS, XM, XP and XR chassis as well...a few of the xs, and XP are 120, and the seats fit good on those as well...what you lose with the shorter track sleds is rear storage...the seats are almost identical in length...I have a hard time telling the differences between the 129s and the 137s from a distance (only one link bracket on a 129, two on a 137)...I personally prefer a 137, and truth be told...the Grand Touring is only a 137 (the shortest of the touring sleds on the market)...so basically a 1+1 on a renegade is as close as you can get to a grand touring...in fact an Enduro would be the same , except for the skis, windshield, and track (GT uses a silent track, which can not be studded)

Attack Man, I tried private messaging you but your inbox is full so I will post on here.
I was planning to get one of these seats next year for my 8 year old son to come riding with me, but tell me more about your end of the season deal. I have a 2019 MXZ 600r etec 137 that I bought from Jeff in Tomahawk last year. What would I be looking at for 1+1 seat for this machine? Thanks!

Attak man

Attack Man, I tried private messaging you but your inbox is full so I will post on here.
I was planning to get one of these seats next year for my 8 year old son to come riding with me, but tell me more about your end of the season deal. I have a 2019 MXZ 600r etec 137 that I bought from Jeff in Tomahawk last year. What would I be looking at for 1+1 seat for this machine? Thanks!

Let's just say I'll give you a discount (but I'm not putting pricing on here)...Call the Sports center and ask for me Mon-fri (8am to 5 pm) Or PM me
Btw...had no idea my inbox was full....I cleared it out

- - - Updated - - -

I have a XS Rene Attack Man, and I'm also interested as my granddaughter is fast growing!

Like I said...I have two in stock that will fit an XS, I'll give a nice discount on that as well...I want to move them.

1fujifilm

Whats the best detachable 2up setup?

My kids are getting old enough to ride with me now, actually I probably could have did this a year ago or so but...
Two boys 8 and 6. I highly doubt an adult will ever ride behind me on it. So adult comfort is of no concern.
Just want them to be safe obviously, not fall off. Comfort is a priority as well, though I doubt either will go with me on longer rides. Most likely be 100 mile or less around home.

So what's everyone like or using? The Doo 1+1 deal or the Polaris setup? Cost isn't a concern unless its a $1500 difference between them.

Im due for a new sled anyway, but the actual sled is not a concern at all. Im sure I can find a Doo chassis or a Polaris chassis I can be happy on. Or even AC for that matter, though I haven't seen any detachable 2up seat from them.
So Im not brand loyal and dont want this to have anything to do with the sleds performance or reliability, etc.

Thanks!

If money is no problem, I wouldn't bother with a 2 up add on seat and buy the new Ski-Doo Grand Touring.
The suspension will be properly implemented with the extra weight of the second rider.
These things hold their value big time so you will ride the best and have overall value.

Bear