Does anyone ride alone?

old abe

Wait,...a Doo ran outta gas?.....don't tell fugi....he laughs at the Grand Marais gas station while the fools is sitting there on their offbrand sleds waiting for the handle.

Yeah, well, been there and seen it. I'm with fuji, and don't like, or need long lines! Just ride on to Pine Stump, Newberry, Paradise, or wherever. Lots of gas stops out there.

dawolf

I almost always ride alone and concur with most of what’s written. But forgot one thing ...CASH!!! Carry plenty of cash in different denominations. I’m a trail guy and don’t find myself very far from people often when riding.

LoveMyDobe

Yes I ride solo. One morning I came across a guy who missed a turn and was trying to dig himself out. I got off my sled, walked up to him and asked if he wanted pulled out. I took my helmet off and he said “ but you’re a girl” I said “ but you’re stuck” “ you want out”? He said he didn’t have any money to pay me , I told him no problem, just at you’re next stop tell them “ a girl “ had to rescue you, fair trade ��

old abe

Yes I ride solo. One morning I came across a guy who missed a turn and was trying to dig himself out. I got off my sled, walked up to him and asked if he wanted pulled out. I took my helmet off and he said “ but you’re a girl” I said “ but you’re stuck” “ you want out”? He said he didn’t have any money to pay me , I told him no problem, just at you’re next stop tell them “ a girl “ had to rescue you, fair trade ��

That's not a nice way to be? Perhaps bad "karma" will come to you now?

1fujifilm

Yeah, well, been there and seen it. I'm with fuji, and don't like, or need long lines! Just ride on to Pine Stump, Newberry, Paradise, or wherever. Lots of gas stops out there.

Sad to admit, but I did run out on a Ski-Doo once. It was around 2007 I had a 500SS that I pushed too far and ran out about 12 miles west of Wetmore, MI around dusk. I waited with my sled and some fellas with a mounted spare gas can gave me a gallon for free. They hesitated when I offered $40 but took it after some prodding.
Today, most any E-Tec will get 15MPG even if you ride hard. 9 gallons of gas will get you 135 miles, I start looking for gas at 115 miles when riding alone. I don't ride too hard and still get 18+ on the 850.

Bear