English

14snow

Are people sick and tired of people who wont speak ENGLISH?How hard is it to want to communicate?Remember these people drive on our roads and cant read signs.Im afraid.

ezra

but if you dont press 1 at bank of America you dont have to give them the last 4 digits of your social security number.and the English was the language was only passed in 1 small town N suburb of st Paul.

slimcake

Don't kid yourself. Alot of them use it to their advantage. I have delt with many a muslim and the don't speak english until you piss them off and then BAM. Perfect english. What a disgrace to OUR country. They should all be shown the boarder.....

D

Deleted member 10829

No english, no American benefits of any kind! Imagine us going to their countries and demanding they accomodate my language?

bigvin

Ah,.. English

I was booking in an inmate one night,...
One thing we have to do is count their money and deposit it in our "machine",....
(They get a check when they are released)
Anyway,... This one dude was giving me the old "No ahblay English" line,... SO,.....
As I was counting his bills BEFORE I put them in the machine (which manually counts it),...
He had around 450 bucks
Another Officer asks me,.. "How much did he have there?"
I reply: "145 bucks"
He THEN "alertly" replies quite clearly,... "Thats B.S. Man,.... I had over 400 bucks there!"
THEN,... realizes he can speak English quite well,... and we busted him at his own game.
Always works.

WE had to learn it,....
So can THEY.

:)

slimcake

can i sum it up for you??

Cross the North Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.
If you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.
If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.
If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed.
If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.
If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.
If you cross the Mexican border illegally you will be jailed for two years.
If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.
If you cross the United States border illegally you get: (ALMOST ALL TRUE)
1 - A job
2 - A driver's license
3 - A Social Security card
4 - Welfare
5 - Food stamps
6 - Credit cards
7 - Subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house
8 - Free education
9 - Free health care
10 - A lobbyist in Washington
11 - Billions of dollars in public documents printed in your language
12 - Millions of servicemen and women who are willing to – and do – die for your right to the ways and means of our constitution
13 - And the right to carry the flag of your country - the one you walked out on – while you call America racist and protest that you don't get enough respect.

arcticgeorge

Wow that was well said! slimcake!.........They're taking over.. When you call my old union hall it says press 1 for English 2 for Spanish and 3 for Polish! What next?

frnash

Press 1 for English...

:(
Press%201%20for%20English.jpg

Too often you just get to speak to "Peggy"!
<hr width="75%" size="2">Oh, and I have never been offered a chance to "Press 3 for Finnish" either! Not even in Hancock, MI — the home of Finlandia University (formerly Suomi College) and where the street signs are in both English and Finnish!

Last edited: