F-Con

C

Cirrus_Driver

Seems as Foxconns Louis Woo is who started the "renegotiation idea"? Appears a lot like their previous deals?

You somehow got your facts wrong, likely from some "fake news" cable channel, because Foxconn has publicly stated the idea of reopening the contract did not come from them.
The "grey old man" governor wanted them to float that idea, but they refuted instead.

snobuilder

renegade, AGREED! Im not against them coming here, do I hope they succeed? yes. The thing that irritates me is the fact that our county was supposed to be ground zero for large scale manufacturing and originally a large portion of jobs they are to be created. People lost their homes, land and farms with the anticipation that this is what was coming, infrastructure also was put in place anticipating such and we are on the line for that, not the state. Do I want it to work? yes but sure would be nice to be as initially promised. You are also right when either the blame game comes if it fails and the crown if it succeeds.

this scope of project doesn't just pop up over night like a new strip mall. Give it time. apple ain't going anyhere and neither is Foxconn. I am happy to see them roll with the demand from consumers. The technology we keep warm in our pockets and hands is in a constant state of change from what I see.

snobuilder

Evers actually sounded rational in clip on the news tonight saying whether Foxconn produces 1000 or 100,000 jobs , it will be more than without them.
Foxconn reiterated the 13,000 number today.

maddogg

Anybody have any updates to this? Just read another article that it was tanking some more....I'd actually like to hear from someone who knows.

Thanks!

old abe

This sounds as the same scenario that played out in Penn? These things are just scary for one to put any confidence in what so ever.

euphoric1

people will be the first to say....if they don't follow through....they don't get tax incentives and I get that but the tax payer is on the line for the massive red carpet that has been rolled out so far, the infrastructure that has been put in place, the properties that were "taken" in the anticipation of what was coming by local government, not everyone was willing to or wanted to leave or have to move. So far they have fell way short of where they said they would be and what they would do so far but tax payers in this county continue to pay, last I had also heard the actual foot print they were going to occupy continues to change and we still aren't actually sure what they are going to manufacture here yet, I just hope if it doesn't pan out that there is some accountability.

C

Cirrus_Driver

Whine, whine, whiney liberals.
You want some stinky cheese, to go with that WHINE?

slimcake

people will be the first to say....if they don't follow through....they don't get tax incentives and I get that but the tax payer is on the line for the massive red carpet that has been rolled out so far, the infrastructure that has been put in place, the properties that were "taken" in the anticipation of what was coming by local government, not everyone was willing to or wanted to leave or have to move. So far they have fell way short of where they said they would be and what they would do so far but tax payers in this county continue to pay, last I had also heard the actual foot print they were going to occupy continues to change and we still aren't actually sure what they are going to manufacture here yet, I just hope if it doesn't pan out that there is some accountability.

This is what Wisconsin gets for voting in a hippy liberal for gov. I won't go any further than that. There is no denying that though.

G

G

I doubt if FoxCon is out to swindle anybody or make any political party look good or bad. They produce and sell cutting edge products and the target for new cutting edge products is a fast moving target. I don't think it is realistic to expect them to sink a ton of cash in to a facility that might be obsolete before it is completed. They are not stupid. Before they sink a ton of money in to any facility they sure going to make sure to give it the best chance for success. Too early to give up on the Wisconsin project. Give it some more time. Wisconsin did it right though and made most of the incentive money contingent on job creation. All the right ideas are in play. It just isn't happening right away. Americans are an impatient hurry up get it done right now whether it is right or wrong or whatever. Asians not so much.

old abe

I doubt if FoxCon is out to swindle anybody or make any political party look good or bad. They produce and sell cutting edge products and the target for new cutting edge products is a fast moving target. I don't think it is realistic to expect them to sink a ton of cash in to a facility that might be obsolete before it is completed. They are not stupid. Before they sink a ton of money in to any facility they sure going to make sure to give it the best chance for success. Too early to give up on the Wisconsin project. Give it some more time. Wisconsin did it right though and made most of the incentive money contingent on job creation. All the right ideas are in play. It just isn't happening right away. Americans are an impatient hurry up get it done right now whether it is right or wrong or whatever. Asians not so much.

Agree on all!

snobuilder

$250,000,000 in construction projects awarded to LOCAL companies so far
BOOO, HISSS!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Real estate for satalite centers being purchased and developed throughout the state....

BOOO, HISSS!!!#sadlibby

lazer103

I have read this entire thread. Here is the bottom line on all of this :

If your a liberal democrat you hate fox conn and want to go back to the horse and buggy days to save the planet. But yet will continue to ride your snowmobile. Hypocrisy ?

If your a conservative you are all for innovation and prosperity to give yourself and family a better life. End of discussion

snobuilder

I have read this entire thread. Here is the bottom line on all of this :

If your a liberal democrat you hate fox conn and want to go back to the horse and buggy days to save the planet. But yet will continue to ride your snowmobile, text while driving, and want the latest technology availible. Hypocrisy ?

If your a conservative you are all for innovation and prosperity to give yourself and family a better life. End of discussion
added a bit.

euphoric1

original plan.... 27 million square foot manufacturing campus.....now.... 1 million square foot campus. 27 million square foot manufacturing campus to employ 13,000 jobs most of which were supposed to be good paying jobs, Now... 1 million square foot campus to employ maybe 1500. Hmmmmm The tax incentives were based on the original plan, this will be the second year that the truth has fallen way short of the promise and I for one am glad to see that the state is finally bucking up and withholding any further tax incentives/benefits until they come to the table and rewrite the contract, ITS ABOUT TIME!! meanwhile the county and local taxpayers continue to take it in the rear, one local municipality in to project for 1 billion dollars. And yes I agree look at the construction jobs that are and have been created, but these aren't long term and look at the construction jobs that could have been created if the promise was kept. Not saying I don't welcome the 1500 jobs that will be created but look at the money that has been spent by local government, supported by local tax payers. We still aren't even clear on what they will exactly be doing here yet. And again look at all the people who lost their homes their land, some who accepted it and some that didn't, to clear the way for this large scale manufacturing complex. I am just glad to see the state is finally growing a back bone and doing something about it, its too late for the local government and tax payers but I think there should be some accountability from a company that is known for its broken promises and commitment in our country.