F-Con

old abe

This doesn't appear as anything good. However it does appear as past performances of this outfit. Very sad, but many worried as to this happening.

snobuilder

I'm not happy to hear that any tax incentives are being withheld because that means that Foxconn hasn't met their end of the bargain and the safeguards put in place by the Walker admin. are doing their job.
Acting like the current Evers admin is doing anything special is a ludicrous idea at best.

euphoric1

I'm not happy to hear that any tax incentives are being withheld because that means that Foxconn hasn't met their end of the bargain and the safeguards put in place by the Walker admin. are doing their job.
Acting like the current Evers admin is doing anything special is a ludicrous idea at best.

I agree snobuilder, didn't mean it to sound as the Evers admin is doing something as no one else hasn't, i'm just glad to see the accountability and repercussions being followed and initiated as per contract.

old abe

At least they are being held to the conditions of the agreement! They have slipped though others in the past.

G

G

Not Dems. Not repugs. It is the china men that cannot be trusted. Has been that way for three decades. They just take. Only thing going forward is that both of our parties now understand that. Good for Wisc that safeguards were put in place. Limit the damage.

snobuilder

From TMJ

"The $1,071,899 tax payment makes Foxconn the largest taxpayer in Mount Pleasant, the village said. Besides the tax payment, the village said it also received $7,325,050 as Foxconn’s first payment of special assessments to cover the cost of land acquisition in the project area."

euphoric1

From TMJ

"The $1,071,899 tax payment makes Foxconn the largest taxpayer in Mount Pleasant, the village said. Besides the tax payment, the village said it also received $7,325,050 as Foxconn’s first payment of special assessments to cover the cost of land acquisition in the project area."

boy was I seriously mistaken, how could I have been so blind?

euphoric1

boy was I seriously mistaken, how could I have been so blind?

actually not really :culpability: lets see.... when you occupy land you have to pay taxes like everyone else does and when you occupy a lot of land you pay a lot of taxes...and when you aquire or purchase land you have to pay for it as well....still way short of promises, but that means no money from the state, paying taxes and paying for land you occupy doesn't mean the state should start shelling out anything.

snobuilder

actually not really :culpability: lets see.... when you occupy land you have to pay taxes like everyone else does and when you occupy a lot of land you pay a lot of taxes...and when you aquire or purchase land you have to pay for it as well....still way short of promises, but that means no money from the state, paying taxes and paying for land you occupy doesn't mean the state should start shelling out anything.
My post said nothing about "shelling out" anything. But the state better hold up it's end of the bargain as worded when signed. Your boy Evers will make or break our economy.

At least you admit that Foxconn added value to the Mt. Pleasant tax base.....a bit more than that property generated before Foxconn.

euphoric1

My post said nothing about "shelling out" anything. But the state better hold up it's end of the bargain as worded when signed. Your boy Evers will make or break our economy.

At least you admit that Foxconn added value to the Mt. Pleasant tax base.....a bit more than that property generated before Foxconn.

snobuilder, response wasn't a dig against your post so please don't take it that way, I agree yes a tax benefit to the village but no more a benefit than if anyone other manufacturing company had moved there, everybody pays property taxes and has to repay the loan for properties or whatever, and yes more tax generation for the village than if it had been left farmland or residential dwellings but was still undeniable dirty for some how it all went down. It has been what almost 3 years now since ground broken for project which so far has been based upon broken promises and yes I HOPE the state continues to hold its ground for tax incentives and money based on promises that have yet to even be close to being fulfilled.

old abe

snobuilder, response wasn't a dig against your post so please don't take it that way, I agree yes a tax benefit to the village but no more a benefit than if anyone other manufacturing company had moved there, everybody pays property taxes and has to repay the loan for properties or whatever, and yes more tax generation for the village than if it had been left farmland or residential dwellings but was still undeniable dirty for some how it all went down. It has been what almost 3 years now since ground broken for project which so far has been based upon broken promises and yes I HOPE the state continues to hold its ground for tax incentives and money based on promises that have yet to even be close to being fulfilled.

All true!

EXCESSIVE FORCE

Remember Motorola in Harvard, IL. Paved over 300 acres of farm land to build cell phones of all things. Built and opened with great fanfare and thought to be a big win for the area. Now there is 1.5 million square feet of unused space. Motorola only lasted 7 years before they folded up and eventually sold off the space to the Chinese who are no longer paying property taxes.

Lets hope that Foxcon lasts longer and does not leave their own little ghost town in the region.

They never even had full occupancy in that building after they built it. It's a shame how much farmland they wasted there..

- - - Updated - - -

I can imagine....I live on the east end of Walworth Co. and there is a continuous looping caravan of dump trucks hauling gravel from way out here.

The drivers are all smiling, going ..."cha-ching,....cha-ching!!!!

No "cha-ching" there. As predicted they're hauling (overloaded) by the ton for rates that they've beat down to nothing...

renegade

Throwing bs card on the over loaded dump trucks. Way to many DOT to allow that and would be easy picking hauling same route everyday. If the rates are low trucking companies fault. But I doubt that too.

scoot

LOL, you guys don't drive quad axles in this area do you?

No "cha-ching" there. As predicted they're hauling (overloaded) by the ton for rates that they've beat down to nothing...

Agreed. Not to mention hoarding the traffic bond gravel within a 50 mile radius for months, screwing my, and any one else in the area that relies on it for their lively hoods.

Last edited:

maddogg

LOL, you guys don't drive quad axles in this area do you?

Agreed. Not to mention hording the traffic bond gravel within a 75 mile radius for months, screwing my, and any one else in the area that relies on it for their lively hoods.

I was going to say the same thing scoot - hauling tonnage sucks...

It's the old Wal-Mart business model. They'll buy your product from you at a loss, Largest market stores there are, or they don't sell your product in the store and you don't sell any product. Drive down cost but force people to do the work.

I'm from WI so I have a question on the Motorola building. One of the posts says they don't pay taxes and it's empty. Do you mean like extra tax on stuff or property tax? How can they get away with it? How does WI force F-Conn to open and have jobs if they don't really have to other then if they do they get tax breaks? Why not just not do it?

Northstar

Not sure what tax breaks Motorola initially received on the property and their proposed manufacturing, I doubt they returned any of it when they shuttered the campus. Certainly the surrounding communities never really profited from the ancillary revenue from the jobs and spending.

The current owner, Xiao Hua Gong, is at issue, sounds like he is more than a little shady and was arrested in Canada for fraud and money-laundering. He had not paid property taxes from 2016-2018 when he was just about to have the property taken from him, I guess he did pay but has subsequently defaulted again on $570m. But now the Canadian courts can lay claim to his properties so the county could be out of luck. Of course these shenanigans are not the fault of Motorola, just a result of the vacant land and failed business plan for manufacturing.

BTW, there will be 2.4m square feet of office space coming available in Hoffman Estates when Sears closes up shop.