Favorite stops from back in the day..

hybrid

what was the place with the L shaped pool table
think it was east of Lake Gogebic
i think it burned ?
haven't been up that way in many years

whitedust

The Cozy Inn nice little restaurant on trail 8 in Nestoria big wood burner always going with excellent food and friendly people. Just don’t hang you jacket and bibs too close to the stove it will melt them.

renegade

I would say Willy's on Island Lake back when Willy actually owned it and ran it. It was our go to place at the end of the day for quite a few years. Always a good time there with good people.

Hoosier

Had some good times at the bar in Mass City the past few winters. It's hard not to be in a good mood when you are sitting there, whether you excited about the upcoming day's ride or rehashing the day you just finished. The pizza always hits the spot.

Always liked the wawa motor inn too. And halfway haven when Sean was running it.

Snowmobiling is so much fun....

snoden

Camel Riders, Brownstone Inn, Buckhorn, Bear Belly and Beerbelly Bobs for Kingpin pizza!
Wow I forgot about Camel Riders, shame they never reopened from the covid shut down. Really good dinners and the pie was to die for.

jime

in the day we would staying at Serendipity resort near Three Lakes, renting John Deere sleds from Herbie the walleye man and making friends at Weasel's. so many good times so many places half forgotten.

euphoric1

Henry's Never Inn in Rockland, best seafood extravaganza on Fridays, huge buffet spreads and specials every day...Sally was great.
Pine Cone Cafe in Lando, originally Leif's cafe with the chicken dumpling soup
Nothing beats riding into Blink Bonnies in St Germain for a sizzlin steak
ooooh yeah! Blink Bonnies for sure! and Gateway Lodge! introduced to me by venturenorth last year!

I love them all, especially the stops in Grand Marais and Paradise. But I really love stopping in at Jack Pine in Manistique, there's just something about that basement.

bayfly

Sidnaw Station. The first time there it was a gas station, C store, gathering place owned by Tom and Bev. It has evolved into a nice little bar, restaurant, with trailer parking. Good food and great people.

whitedust

was that the place that has lattice from the floor to ceiling?
I don’t remember that and it’s been closed up for awhile now like most of Silver City but Foothills was a booming winter business in the 90s. It was the last restaurant before Silver Sands Motel and the Ski Hill.

warner

For years we used to stop at SQUEAKS in Pence, WI
good times were had there, another from when i was a young man, the strip club in Eagle River that burned down....the name escapes me.??

Hoosier

Didn't Halfway Haven close for last season? Talk about a place in the middle of no where.

For now yeah. There are a number of issues going on there but the biggest is that the seasonal road that is used to get gas to it has some significant wash outs so that you can't get gas to it. They've also had troubles finding operators and the building is in need of some TLC. It would probably be best if it could be reconstructed closer to the main road up there, perhaps by turning that seasonal road to an access trail, and maybe even cutting out the lodging and just running it as gas and food for certain hours. Would love to see a more permanent solution as it opens up a lot of good riding to have it open. They still maintain the trail but you need to carry gas.

garageguy

Mean Gene's
Between Munising and Marquette.
He would take pictures of Groupes of customers and display them on poster boards in the back.

You could look through them and see how your group changed through the years.