Favorite stops from back in the day..

garageguy

Listen to Tom at the sidnaw station talk about all the ski doos that caught on fire. He had a two year old indy trail with 13,000 miles on it.

SHOOT2KILL

Weasel's...Three Lakes, Wi
Boom Bay Bar...Rhinelander, Wi
Persian Paradise...Eagle River, Wi
Albino Bar...Eagle River, Wi

Last edited:

bayfly

Listen to Tom at the sidnaw station talk about all the ski doos that caught on fire. He had a two year old indy trail with 13,000 miles on it.
I walked into the Sidnaw Station last year and there was a guy at the bar who I thought was Tom. Turns out Tom has a brother! He gave me shit for thinking he was Tom. Same sense of humor too.

garageguy

I ran out of gas two miles from sidnaw I called Tom, we were staying in one of the cabins in the back. He came with a can of gas.

uncle_ed

Its not a business establishment but the Teepee east of Shelby was very much a destination that locals would head to to hang out and warm up a bit. I have seen hot dogs cooked on the fire that was typically always burning in the old boiler inside on a few occasions. The land owners changed directions and stopped allowing snowmobilers access (the owner passed away and the son wasnt as enthusiastic about snowmobiling as his dad I guess)
teepee.jpg

warner

We have had some fun in the Bergalnd bay bar when Tom and his wife had it, always enjoyed reading his journal as well.
Tom still around ?

old abe

I ran out of gas two miles from sidnaw I called Tom, we were staying in one of the cabins in the back. He came with a can of gas.
Yeah, well Bev, and Tom were always very nice to us too. They imo, were the type of people who did not like negative, or demanding people. We've witnessed many people getting shut down by all they could do is to complain about whatever. We have always appreciated them being there, and we liked to base out of their cabins for our forest road riding, and riding the trails to North, South, and East of Sidnaw.

SHOOT2KILL

K.I.Sawyer Air Force base near Gwinn, Mi...Had an officers lounge...We rode our sleds in there around 1984 and they actually served us...I think they officially closed it around 1994...Heard the entire parcel was for sale in 2022...