Groomer stuck just a little

slimcake

them old railroad ties and the other equipment, what they are they waiting on? summers coming

I am sure they would enjoy your help if you are so worried about it..... Geez just like people that complain about rough trails but don't want to run the groomer.....

tyeeman

I'm headed up there tonight hoping to do some riding. She's melting out pretty fast west of Minneapolis area, and I think they have less snow in the Brainerd area (where this event is hapening), but I can get out I'm gonna try and find this. If I can get out I'll report back.

Not trying to hyjack this thread but, ,
Any brainerd MN folks reading this, , could you give me/us some info on trail condition? Is it rideable at all? I really want to get out and see this thing.

xfire

I went out to the site so you guys could get your "fix". They were hooking up cables to 2 D-7's and a big track hoe and also had a smaller cable hooked to a 650 dozer for a life line. On the first attempt 1 cable broke from the D-7. After re-hooking they pulled it up from the depths. IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

I have video on my phone I will try to post as well.

Last edited:

tyeeman

That is absolutely amazing!!! I can't believe it even ran after being in that slop for so long. So the question is, , who was the unlucky dude that got to dive down and hook up the cables, , yeeesh.

favoritos

That is absolutely amazing!!! I can't believe it even ran after being in that slop for so long. So the question is, , who was the unlucky dude that got to dive down and hook up the cables, , yeeesh.

No kidding. How would you even see or move in that slop?

Xfire, you said the thing was out and sank again? Are the videos of the second extraction? Thanks for posting the videos BTW.

xfire

The videos are from Thursday. On Tuesday they pulled it out and got it running. Then while they were trying to walk it out it fell in again. The videos are from the final extraction.

favoritos

The videos are from Thursday. On Tuesday they pulled it out and got it running. Then while they were trying to walk it out it fell in again. The videos are from the final extraction.

Wow! It is bad enough to do all that work one time.

An interesting side note, we saw at least 7 semi trailers loaded with those float timbers headed across northern Wisconsin a few weeks ago. I wonder if someone else had a project like that extraction going on up in northern Wisconsin?