Groomer stuck just a little

700classic

OK here's my theory. The owner of the excavator brings in 1 of his larger exc. on crane mats, digs alongside of stuck exc. to level it out a little. Then digs behind to get crane mat started underneath, once a crane mat is under then start to pull it up out of the hole placing more mats underneath. Possible when they get leveled out some they may be able to start it. If it hasn't settled anymore from the first pic, the motor,fuel tank and batteries look to be out of the water. Electrical in the cab will probably cause issues in starting but can be by-passed. My 2 cents, anybody else want to be an armchair quarterback on this one?:D

Blu Du

well its kind of just hanging there. it is 10' to solid bottom. 5' of water and 5' of mud.they will be pulling from the side that the track is in the air. i think its best to hook to the undercarraige and top of the boom and pull

700classic

I'm just curious on how they get it done. Been in and around excavating business all my life. Have been on similar rescue missions before. Every one of them has their own unique set of problems. Hope you are able to post pics of the rescue.

wishbone

Good Job!!

Glad to see the grommer out!! Hats off to all who busted their butts to get it out, and keep us all informed along the way. Really hope that the beautiful machine didn't suffer any damage. Good luck with the track hoe, hope everyone stays safe. We will be watching.

Too eveyone reading this thread, I know everybody belongs to a club.
With that said, I don't know if insurance will cover any of this, I'm sure it probably
is all club members working on this project, taking time off because somebody
has to do it.
We are all sitting back watching this happen, if it would be my clubs groomer
I would be out there to.
What i'm getting at is this could happen to any club and it will be a financial
bruden to any club, please remember the clubs if you go ridding in
there area.
And I will say it again, They are all volunteers that love the sport, trails just don't happen!!!!!
Ok now back to seeing how it goes, at least they got there groomer out.

Think Snow!!!

djmcnutt

What ever happened to real groomers? Every one keeps buying these tractors which weigh to much for sawmp country! All I can say is good luck with the backhoe...

wishbone

Driveablity, versatility,resale, and maintanence are big factors in tractors popularity. Agreed they had a different footprint and make certain places trouble.

Driveablity, versatility,resale, and maintanence are big factors in tractors popularity. Agreed they had a different footprint and make certain places trouble.

What wishbone said is true, you can go out and buy a groomer for 150k and in 5 years its worth maybe 75k.
A tractor holds its value better and u can lease it out in the summer.
We lease a track tracor for the grooming season, put on wider tracks, then
when trails close put old tracks back on and the farmer gets it back.
No they are not the ideal groomer but the cost is 1/8 of want a groomer would cost.

Think Snow!!!

arctiva

They should put a donation box or can out there when there working on it. Im sure
people would give a few extra bucks that way.

racinfarmer

One of the earlier posts had the owners name. Stated that he has six or seven more, this one is the smallest in his fleet.

We all need to remember unfortunate incidents like this when we pass the donation boxes.

Job well done to the men and women who have put in the hours to get to this point.

I have seen no mention of the owner's name or company name.

Anyone know who owns the excavator?

Blu Du

thought i posted it already, but it's tom's backhoe. he has already been pd for it by the insurance company and bought it back. i heard it was coming out monday and i'm leaving for glamis californa tomorow to ride the dunes. i hope snowizard will be able to get there and take some pics of it

loriwlrc

Was nice to meet you at the open house in Twin Lakes, God's peace be with you and keep you safe in your travels. Your earning your wings! Thanks for stopping in ,glad you had a chance to take a 5!

snowfish

Went snooping a little after a quick mushy ride today. With temps in the 40's, this week, things might get interesting. Here's a couple shots of what's been done so far.

Attachments

• 010 Getting Soggy.jpg
    010 Getting Soggy.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 688
  • 011 Excavater Path.jpg
    011 Excavater Path.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 668
  • 012 Pad Path.jpg
    012 Pad Path.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 653
  • 013 Excavater Shore.jpg
    013 Excavater Shore.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 658

UP RIDER

Glamis

thought i posted it already, but it's tom's backhoe. he has already been pd for it by the insurance company and bought it back. i heard it was coming out monday and i'm leaving for glamis californa tomorow to ride the dunes. i hope snowizard will be able to get there and take some pics of it

We road Glamis on wheelers 3 years ago,it was a blast. Gonna try to get out to Moab this spring.

BooneDawg

Glad technology and hard work prevailed, kudos to all who helped. I can only imagine the sleepless nights the drivers went through, throughout this whole ordeal. Accidents happen, I would also guess some friendships were made and possibly lost, but that is life. GREAT THREAD!

doo_dr

any news???

Is there any body in the area that can give us our "fix"? With this weather you would think they will change tactics and haul out a barge!!!!!