Groomer stuck just a little

I am surprised that the excavator is still sinking. Glad to see the tractor up on top....Gonna be very interesting getting the excavator out.

doo_dr

This is a great thread. Very interesting to see the progress and the creativeness from people with grease under their nails (quick plug on the engineers!!). I go to this thread 1st thing every morning for updates. If anyone from the local club is reading along I suggest you have your club treasurer open up a charity fund at their bank and post the link. I don't ride in that area much but would send some $ that way.

Blu Du

well i seen them push a 8' 6x6 all the way in by hand. there is a couple members helping but most is done by the towing company that was hired to get the deere out. i heard of the DNR nosing around there now so maybe they may put some heat on tom's backhoe to get his hoe out of there, i will be there to take pics when it happens hopfully

doo_dr

Bet that swamp was making ice last night. Woke up this morning to negative double digits. Any updates other than its COLD?

jr37

It just cost $1500 for a friend of mine to get his ATV out of 6 feet of water. And that only took a couple hours. I was guessing this would be 10 times that much, or more.

lookin4snow

Siren Groomer

Recall the Siren groomer that got stuck in December of 2009 (there is a thread on here). The bill to recover that was reported to be in the $20,000 range. That groomer was junk afterwards.

doo_dr

Ditto...I miss Deadliest Catch and am now hooked on Gold Rush Alaska....but this thread is right up there and I check in daily!!

I dont want to get off base with the thread but the Alaska Gold show is a real life reality of South Park. So stupid that those guys shouldn't be trusted with power tools. I know why they are broke. They "Fly Back" for everything!!!!

Blu Du

i was out there today and had to leave early but i'm prettye sure the groomer is out.they unhooked most of the comealongs and had a good idea that should work for driving it out of there. the bucket controls were froze and they were trying to thaw them when i left. i was told monday they start on the excavator

Blu Du

here it is
IMG_20110209_135748.jpg