Hay Days 2014

600_RMK_144

30 days out and not one comment on who "needs" what. I'll start...

1) Boots. Think I'm going with MF.

2) Extra goggles. Now that I've been out West, I fully understand the need for multiple sets (learned the hard way).

3) Backpack.

4) New tunnel bag.

5) Open face helmet (if I can find one cheap).

Lost Sheep

boots, gloves, skis & goggles......& what ever may catch my attention at the swap meet....

we should have a JD social at one of the beer tents ??

ezra

goggel defrost bag some kind of gas can and rack powder keg poss ? switch guards boots thinking about a adding a 2nd axle for the 12 ft clam so blowouts are no big thing in a blizzard at 2 am 700mi from home. some fourm of running board insert . I did just get my invite to the WPS dealer show in st paul so I may just hold out for that last yr I had to make 2 trips to the truck with all my free stuff

btw rmk what are u looing for in a pack?
I got airbag this yr so have 2 packs I was thinking of selling at the swaps a blk/orange HMK and a blk/gray bit smaller BCA both nice shape.
as far as cheep helmet ask Joe about that one make sure for a western lid it has quality venting that works.
we had to use a kitchen knife to open the channels larger and just plane open glue covered openings in joes cheep lid this winter

Last edited:

indy_500

Well I just ordered new Klim jacket and bibs 5 minutes ago as I know I will not find a better deal so it'll be nice to not have to look for that. Picked up Valdez jacket and extreme bibs for under $475. I want the new red Nxt Lvl bumper but doesn't look like they'll have any for sale yet in a month. So that leaves me with 2 sets of gloves, A Super Q or HPS can for my new sled, a white skid plate preferably Skinz float plate, spare 1115 belts, 509 helmet breath box, quick connect helmet dealio since the button that holds the the chin strap on my helmet busted and it flaps in the wind, clutch weights, and anything else that's cheap!

ezra

dont count on any kind of hard date from skinz. and if it is a rear bumper I would move on 2 skinz rmk rears busted in our crew last yr . and are u not working in a cnc shop come on kid get to work designing and building the next great bumper

jedoyle

Boy, not much on the list this year. That is actually kind of nice. More time to drink beer & watch the freestyle jumping. I guess I do need a cover for my 2014 SBA 144. Maybe another pair of those super warm Klim Mamoth socks. A new set of Stud Boy Shapers for the Grippers. I do agree with one of the posts above that we ought to have a JD social hour somewhere. Jim

indy_500

dont count on any kind of hard date from skinz. and if it is a rear bumper I would move on 2 skinz rmk rears busted in our crew last yr . and are u not working in a cnc shop come on kid get to work designing and building the next great bumper

Nope the front. I run a 4 axis live tooling lathe kind of hard to make bumpers on it lol.

600_RMK_144

goggel defrost bag some kind of gas can and rack powder keg poss ? switch guards boots thinking about a adding a 2nd axle for the 12 ft clam so blowouts are no big thing in a blizzard at 2 am 700mi from home. some fourm of running board insert . I did just get my invite to the WPS dealer show in st paul so I may just hold out for that last yr I had to make 2 trips to the truck with all my free stuff

btw rmk what are u looing for in a pack?
I got airbag this yr so have 2 packs I was thinking of selling at the swaps a blk/orange HMK and a blk/gray bit smaller BCA both nice shape.
as far as cheep helmet ask Joe about that one make sure for a western lid it has quality venting that works.
we had to use a kitchen knife to open the channels larger and just plane open glue covered openings in joes cheep lid this winter

Had my eye on the HMK, but black/ camo rather than orange. What's the BCA like? Does it have a shovel holder?
Wish I could have been there to see you guys MacGyver'ing Joe's helmet. That had to be a trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I just ordered new Klim jacket and bibs 5 minutes ago as I know I will not find a better deal so it'll be nice to not have to look for that. Picked up Valdez jacket and extreme bibs for under $475. I want the new red Nxt Lvl bumper but doesn't look like they'll have any for sale yet in a month. So that leaves me with 2 sets of gloves, A Super Q or HPS can for my new sled, a white skid plate preferably Skinz float plate, spare 1115 belts, 509 helmet breath box, quick connect helmet dealio since the button that holds the the chin strap on my helmet busted and it flaps in the wind, clutch weights, and anything else that's cheap!

Sounds like you are getting ready for a trip out West?!!! LOL! Please do share where you found your Klim deal.

oktaneho

I'll be there looking for a rusty bumper for a 84 Chevy pickup, a broken table lamp, a bent prop for a 15hp Johnson, and a booth full of knock-off sunglasses.

I bet I find it all in the first row.

borderstaff

I'll be there looking for a rusty bumper for a 84 Chevy pickup, a broken table lamp, a bent prop for a 15hp Johnson, and a booth full of knock-off sunglasses.

I bet I find it all in the first row.

Isn't that the truth...

Don't forget: a seized 1970's 440 motor for $200, the guy with 20 broken Indy wedge hoods for $80 each, metal skis that have the bottoms completely worn through so no wear rods can mount to them and a pile of broken windshields. The list of trash that should be thrown out is endless.

But, I haven't missed it in 22 years and will be there swapping again this year. I have a huge pile of bent a-arms, bent trailing arms, scored beyond repair cylinders, ripped up tracks and clutches with broken spiders to sell (just kidding:p)

oktaneho

I'm ok with the junk snowmobile parts, it's all the other non-snowmobile items the Sno-Barons allow in to the swap that bugs me. It would be about 1/4 to 1/3 smaller if they stopped all the unrelated parts from coming in. Then it would be a better quality event and you could see the whole swap in one day.

ezra

I usually come home every yr with some non sled related swap deal.
last yr was a full set of weather tech mats.
yr before a motor for my garden tractor and it ran

megan600

Going for the drag racing, brews, and people watching! Yeah i know to most people the drags are not the draw anymore, but if you do make it to the track, cheer on the silver bullet of Wiseguy Racing!

Attachments

• Wiseguy Racing.jpg
    Wiseguy Racing.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 84

polarisrider1

I have never been. Would like to go to see what all the talk is about. Don't need anything. But bet I could find something. Beer and people watching would be a starting point for me.

megan600

The bullet will do low-mid 4.30's pretty consistently. Air, track and wind all will change that up a bit, but did take the Pro Stock 1000 title last year :)

We will be there in booth CF2. We will have Klim, 509, WRP, Skinz and of course our tunnel bags and handlebar bags. Stop in and see us.

Hay Days.jpg

If you want something specific ask as soon as possible in case we weren't planning on having it there.