HAYDAYS

crskidoo

I've never been to haydays. What is it like? Where to stay? Six hour drive is it worth it? Thinking we will go for sure just looking for some input. Thanks, Chris

ezra

yes it is worth the drive!huge swap got to be worlds bigest powersports swap.lots of new stuff tons of noncurrent closeouts.all the power sport equpment manufacturs .all the newsleds are showen for the first time.most of the speed shops. nice vintage show.great racing and stunt show .look in forest lake for hotel that is prob 10 min drive. I have a bud who drives up from IA yearly cant remember what town he lives in but I know he works for camoplast.thay stay in roseville at the motel 6 about a 15 to 20 min drive about 3 min from the mall 1 min from freeway exit and alot of bars and food you can walk to pool ect.651 639 3988 no I do not work for them I just looked up the number

crskidoo

Thanks for the info ezra I'll try that number. Haven't had much for luck everyone is booked. Looking forward to the swap.

Lorali779

we drive 8 hours to get there-an event with snowmobiles & the love of the sport-a great event!!Awesome deals,lots of fun!I hope you can find a place to stay this late in the game...check out haydays site & click on their lodging link for some other hotels in the area!Good luck!

crskidoo

Not that much luck finding a room. Everything booked super 8, country inn, etc.. Pretty pumped to go though I guess we are gonna stay with some friends an hour south on friday then make the drive sat morning. Thanks for the info see you there and THINK SNOW!!

S

scott_l

I posted this on another site, where others were also looking for rooms. Luckily I can sleep in my own bed each night and be to the track within 20-30 minutes. If you are still looking for a hotel try some of these areas.

try Mounds View about 30-40 minutes
Blaine about 25-30 minutes
Coon Rapids about 30 minutes
Brooklyn Park about 40-50 minutes
maple grove about an hour

I am just guessing on the amount of time it will take to get to the track. Any more general questions ask away. Sorry our extra rooms are already spoken for that weekend!

good luck and have fun!

lookin4snow

Rusty, Absolutely! I will be driving up on Friday night and will be there all day Saturday. We will definitely have to connect.

doospunk

A few other towns for some of you folks to check out who are looking for hotel accomodations =
Fridley,
Blaine,
Ham Lake,
Spring Lake Park,

All are within 10 to 25 minutes of Hay Days. Not alot of hotel chains, but there are some motels.

S

skylar

I was going to be staying at Motel Dave, but now I am not going.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

doospunk

Yeah, that's a bummer dude. We'll shoot some pics over for ya!!! haha. Did ya hear the boys from IL that we rode with in Tog. are comin out and stayn?

olsmann

What to expect at haydays!

You SHOULD expect to get a really good deal on
some hub caps for an 81 caprice classic, a non running weed eater weed whip, 3 matching aluminum rims for a honda trx 250 4 wheeler, a box of tachometers for polaris sleds 81-85, a completly blown up xlt motor. a garbage can full of misc used clutch springs (3 for 10 bucks!) A 05 fusion long track with a junk motor and a old yamaha 3 wheeler with 2 flat tires.
You SHOULD also expect to get a good case of "mud butt" from drinking tap beer from 8 in the morning till 4pm and eating cheese curds in the hot sun, which will lead to having to take a #2 in completly overfilled bank of blue plastic out houses, where the smell is so bad by 10 in the morning you will seriously consider crapping yourself in front of a bunch of strangers instead of sitting in what i like to call "the tickler outhouse"
You SHOULD expect to see all the 2010 models sleds and they will look the same as when you saw them at the spring preview except now the will have about an inch of dust on them and mini doughnuts rammed into the gas tanks from all the kids(and some adults that have beeen drinking all night in the swap area) sitting on them.

What you SHOULD NOT expect to find is anyone with any real concept of what a 5 year old sled with 7500 miles is worth. You will NOT find any "deals" on a clean used sled beacuse sellers at haydays believe that this is the spot where you can show up to swap the night before and idiot buyers will not notice that there sled has been crashed several times or that it has been for sale a haydays every year for the last 5 years. (someone with a good clean sled at a fair price does not need to indure haydays to sell it) And buyers believe they are gonna find that hidden sweet buy on the 07 rev 500 ss with a long track, all the goodies with less than 1500 miles, women drivin, sled that has never been towed in anything but an enclosed trailer for the three trips it has been on for about 2 grand.

As long as you go in with these expectations you will have a good time and it is fun, but that in a nut shell IS haydays. Just imagine what it would be like to have everyone who is on craigslist gather in one spot! Be sure to set aside at least 2 hours to do some heckling in the swap area dont be afraid to lowball on stuff you dont need cause you can always sell it next year at haydays and besides you never know when you might need that speedometer for an 84 el tigre or a dented stock pipe for the 95 vmax 600.

Oh, and there is some drag racing too!

Just kidding! (sort of)

Its a good time! and yes you should come, its by far the biggest sledding event ive ever seen! (wear confortable shoes)
happy.gif

Firecatguy

I met a guy last year h that thought the USED pair of slides was a great buy at 5.00$
bwahahah
I bet the guy who sold them is still laughing

borderstaff

I've been going to Haydays for many years and to this day the funniest thing happened about 10 years ago.

A good friend of mine was desperately searching for a 1988 Indy trail rear suspension rail (this was in about 1999) and wasn't having much luck finding the rail alone without the suspension. Then, TA DA!!! There it was sitting under a pile of other parts half under a guys trailer. This friend pounced on the rail and quickly compared it to the bent one he'd been carrying along for about 4 hours. Sure enough, it was exactly what he needed. So, he walks up to the guy, and in his best suave swapmeet lingo politely asks how much the guy wants for the rail. The guy looks at the old, dirty, corroded and well used rail and says "I don't know, how about a coupla bucks?". The friend was so excited to find the part that he didn't even listen to the sellers price and must've thought it was going to be more expensive because he says "Well I don't have much money with me, would you take five dollars for it?" The rest of our group (about five guys) all look at each other and then at the seller, everyone doing there best to control the laughter and the seller, looking at my buddy for a few seconds like he's crazy says "...sure". As we're walking away everyone gave this friend so much crap about his math skills that he was afraid to buy anything else the rest of the day. To this day we still call him "2 bucks" on every snowmobile trip.

Maybe its one of those stories where you had to be there, but the look on the swappers face was so priceless that I'll never forget it.

S

skylar

Doospunk, the Illinosnowins are heading up too? S-o-n-o-f-a-! CRAP! Boy is it going to suck sitting at home thinking about all the fun you guys will be having!
sad.gif

Rusty, oh yea, great bar, great music, great food, and you can't beat the rates! And the company you will be hanging with...ah, well, it's ok I guess. HA HA HA HA HA HA LOL
happy.gif

Doospunk, Kimmer ran into Adam's, or was it Andy's, can't remember, they look the same, friend Mike who was with you at the ride in two years ago, in the Dells last weekend. Small world eh?