Hip replacement coming up

mezz

This what I expect to see the day after surgery.
View attachment 67289
I get it, this is all in fun & there is no doubt, you will feel so much better than before. You may want to do this, you very well may be able to this, but don't. I felt so good aftaer my knee replacement & for 2 day's after my surgery, I was walking around with no assistive device & quite often through out the day(s). I ended up over-doing it, thankfully it wasn't a horrible set back, but a set back nonetheless. Take it easy, it will all be good.

LoveMyDobe

Good luck with surgery and recovery! I’m having problems with my left shoulder but usually a cortisone shot helps me a lot.
I have arthritis in both shoulders, I make Golden Paste (turmeric, coconut oil, black pepper and cinnamon all organic) I have no issues. I started this on my dogs first with great results, one has spondylosis in spine.

mspease

Good luck Mark, hope you got some camping in with the new camper, did you camp up by me this summer?
We did! I took your advice and we stayed at Top O the Morn for 4 nights last week. Very nice spot. We have made 4 trips so far and 2 more to go plus a houseboat trip on Rainy Lake. :)

mspease

The surgery was today and went great. Had to be to Duluth by 6:40 and they started on me at 8:40. In recovery by 11:30 and on my phone doing some work by 12:05. They had me go through OT and PT and was released at 3:30. The nurse commented she thought it was the quickest anyone had been released for this surgery. My wife drove me home and I feel better now than I did this morning. I drove up there, but had to stop once to get out and walk around a bit as my hip was just killing me. I know there will be tough days ahead, but so far, I couldn't be happier with how today has gone..

whitedust

So good to hear you are doing well. I did the same with eye cateract surgery I’m like let me out of here while the rest of the patients were talking like a bunch of drunks. Finally nursey let me go by saying all you want is out of here followed by a Hell Yes!! Lol

mezz

Congrats Mark, so glad to hear all went well. Now on to the the road to recovery, you will do just fine, take care & be well.

whitedust

Whoa that’s excellent hate the stuff last time opiates didn’t go well for me puked my guts out even on tramadal for herniated disk. Told them no more of that crap cortisone shot helped me a lot more.

mspease

Over a week since my surgery and things can’t be going any better. I still have not had to take any pain medication and haven’t taken any Tylenol in several days. I’m doing PT on my own at home and that is going well and I can walk around pretty well. My first check up is Tuesday already and hope to be able to do more then.

mezz

That is amazing! Glad to hear that it is going so well. You are very fortunate, as not too many can get get by that easy. I have my second knee replacement tomorrow, I am looking forward to putting this behind me, I wish I could do it the way you have been able to, but, it is what it is. Continued good wishes to you.

mspease

Thanks mezz! Hip replacements are not near as complicated as a knee replacement from everything I have read and heard. Good luck tomorrow on #2. At least you know what to expect now. I made the mistake of rolling onto my stomach in my sleep Saturday night, and that hurt a bit.

mspease

I had my first checkup on the 16th and that went well. No more walker needed but they recommended a cane for a while. I rarely use the cane, but I'm being very careful. I'm walking over 200 yards at a time now and not having any problems. I will keep increasing that a bit each day and see how it goes. I'm very happy so far, hope it keeps up. :)

mspease

I had my 6 week check-up today with my surgeon and he said I can do pretty much what I want. I'm still going to take it easy, but I did mow the lawn this week and I think I will give golf a try next week sometime. He said no problem mowing the trails this fall or grooming this winter. :) I am very pleased with the whole process and how it has turned out.

whitedust

I had my 6 week check-up today with my surgeon and he said I can do pretty much what I want. I'm still going to take it easy, but I did mow the lawn this week and I think I will give golf a try next week sometime. He said no problem mowing the trails this fall or grooming this winter. :) I am very pleased with the whole process and how it has turned out.
👍That’s great news!

mezz

Glad to hear all is going well, congratulations are in order as following protocol can be a challange, at least it has been for me. I am sure you feel like a new man, nothing better than being pain free. I have my follow-up with my surgeon in October, I am looking forward to that being my last trip. Take care & don't over do it.

skiroule

Mark, it’s been awesome to see your progress! It sounds like you are well on the way to resuming activities you enjoy. I have to admit, I’m kind of a chicken when it comes to joint replacement but experiences like yours give me a lot more confidence to have one done if/when I would need one.

Looking forward to the first golf report!