Information On 2019 Releases??

ridindirty800

How can you know a lot of apex guys are looking at a sled didn't exist a minute ago?

Probably because this was almost a for sure thing back in December. Most guys expected this exact unit months ago as it was widely talked about. This is going to be a great move by ski Doo. Some Doo 1200 guys may go buy a sidewinder as they want big HP and 150 will be a let down. But for the non big HP guy this will be the sled in now in the best riding chasis availabile. Not to mention first 4 stroke ski Doo ever will sell in the xrs option spring order.

snobuilder

Probably because this was almost a for sure thing back in December. Most guys expected this exact unit months ago as it was widely talked about. This is going to be a great move by ski Doo. Some Doo 1200 guys may go buy a sidewinder as they want big HP and 150 will be a let down. But for the non big HP guy this will be the sled in now in the best riding chasis availabile. Not to mention first 4 stroke ski Doo ever will sell in the xrs option spring order.

If it keeps its fuel economy then yes it could be a hit with non dooers....but if it is 100# heavier than an 800 and gets only in the mid teens in fuel economy then I think the 2 stroke guys will stay there.

It has to feel light and nimble as well.

dothedoo

150hp Doo 4 stroke?

No wonder Yam announced earlier in the year, that they would cut production by 75%. I guess that way, they were able to make it look like they actually had a choice.

ridindirty800

If it keeps its fuel economy then yes it could be a hit with non dooers....but if it is 100# heavier than an 800 and gets only in the mid teens in fuel economy then I think the 2 stroke guys will stay there.

It has to feel light and nimble as well.

I should have said it will be good for current 4 stroke guys or guys looking to move 4 stroke. I think most guys will stay 2 stroke as they prefer that. I dont see guys jumping from an 800 or 850 to this as they will not want the added weight.

misty_pines

Looks like the 900 Ace turbo adds 41 pounds to the sled as compared to the same sled with a 850 etec engine. As compared to the naturally aspirated 900 Ace, the turbo adds 27 pounds. Not as much of a weight penalty as I expected. According to the Doo website, the dry weight of a Renegade Adrenaline with the 850 etec is 485 lbs, 499 lbs with n/a Ace and 526 lbs with the Ace turbo.

dothedoo

Where's the popcorn...time to head to doo talk and watch the yellow riders meltdown about no 200 hp turbo...lol

Team Blue has to be hurting today for sure. I mean, it wasn't even 10 years ago they could hang their hat on having the only viable 4 stroke option, and now....Doo has all but run them out of business. lol

Attak man

Team Blue has to be hurting today for sure. I mean, it wasn't even 10 years ago they could hang their hat on having the only viable 4 stroke option, and now....Doo has all but run them out of business. lol

Oh come dothedoo...that 4 cylinder apex was sweet, and many of us apex owners, kept them longer than we would other models, simply because of that sweet motor...i agree it was a bit long in the tooth chassis wise...but Yamaha did several upgrades through the years that made the machine even better.....i guess we will see what Yamaha has or doesn't have...but this was a wise move by ski doo....and will attract 4 stroke riders from other brands.

Attak man

How can you know a lot of apex guys are looking at a sled didn't exist a minute ago?

Dude...i have rumors of this model for two years, and nothing coming out of the yami camp...i have many friends who have apexes....150 hp is the sweet spot...most of the apex riders have to either buy a sidewinder, which most of my riding buddies think is too much hp...or they have to go to a viper which feels vastly under powered compared to an apex...both are nice sleds, but not exactly what an apex rider wants...im being honest, it's my opinion that this new doo is a great option for apex riders, looking for 150 hp 4 stroke .

- - - Updated - - -

It's cute how you imply that Ski Doo wasn't already dominating the 4 stroke market. lol

Take the yellow blinders off for a minute...the 1200 doesn't even compare to an apex...its a turd...yes faster than a viper (another turd)...but no comparison to that smooth, fast, fuel efficient 4 cylinder.

snobuilder

Dude...i have rumors of this model for two years, and nothing coming out of the yami camp...i have many friends who have apexes....150 hp is the sweet spot...most of the apex riders have to either buy a sidewinder, which most of my riding buddies think is too much hp...or they have to go to a viper which feels vastly under powered compared to an apex...both are nice sleds, but not exactly what an apex rider wants...im being honest, it's my opinion that this new doo is a great option for apex riders, looking for 150 hp 4 stroke .

- - - Updated - - -

Take the yellow blinders off for a minute...the 1200 doesn't even compare to an apex...its a turd...yes faster than a viper (another turd)...but no comparison to that smooth, fast, fuel efficient 4 cylinder.

In bold....I'm sorry????

DTD....doo you think adding a turdo to the ace will help it hang with a Poo 6???

Attak man

In bold....I'm sorry????

DTD....doo you think adding a turdo to the ace will help it hang with a Poo 6???

Ok...so what don't you understand about that statement?? It's been a burning question for apex riders for the last two season...."what do I want to buy next"?? (Now that the apex is going away)...put down the jamison..lol...its not complicated.

snobuilder

besides the doo faithful wetting themselves over this turdo the AM boost guys gotta be getting damp as well.
How stout is this mill or are we in uncharted territory?

ATTACKMAN....sorry but I think the statement in bold is on the top of the list of "things a sledder would never say".....LOL

PS the Nytro was weighed in a mag at 518 and is 135-138 HP....we come a long way baaaabaaay....now that doo has a new something something its amaaaaaaaazing and fresh....LOLOLOLOL

Attak man

besides the doo faithful wetting themselves over this turdo the AM boost guys gotta be getting damp as well.

ATTACKMAN....sorry but I think the statement in bold is on the top of the list of "things a sledder would never say".....LOL

PS the Nytro was weighed in a mag at 518 and is 135-138 HP....we come a long way baaaabaaay....now that doo has a new something something its amaaaaaaaazing and fresh....LOLOLOLOL
Many of us don't need 200 hp...ive had many riders tell me that....its not that uncommon...i have seen comments from doo guys about this new turbo though...and they ain't happy..they wanted a mach z to take on the sidewinder

C

Cirrus_Driver

If the Nytro was 518, Yam would publicize it, but they didn't and won't. 542 was what my prying conversation got out of a local dealer....and he would just commit to saying "ball park".

ss440

have u ever rode a nytro? It was a slug to ride back in 08 when it came out. didnt matter what it weighed, every other oem produced much better sleds that year and till this day. Nytro was a flop just like the fusion.