John Dee

xcr440

A true lover of winter and a man who unknowingly put smiles on faces and excitement into others who enjoyed winter and life in general. RIP John.

My heartfelt condolences and prayers to Nora and Grace and the Dee family. May you be comforted in knowing that John touched the lives of thousands of people and his legacy and spirit will live on in us all. He will never be forgotten. John had an amazing gift of connecting with people and sharing his love of nature's beauty. I feel as though I've lost a friend whom I've never met, but grateful to have known him through his words.

Rest in Peace, John.

heckler56

Nora & Gracie, so sorry for your loss. If it can bring any comfort to you know he made an impact on so many for so many years. The word Legend has been used often because he earned it. His act of creating this site brought many many people together across the globe that otherwise would never have met. Reconnected others that life’s journey had them take different paths only to find each other through him. RIP John.

euphoric1

I am still shocked by the news and as real as it is I am in complete disbelief, and when things like this happen the first thing we tend to do is think back and remember and as I do that I consider myself very lucky to have been a part of his love for meteorology, winter and snowmobiling through this site, and how lucky I was actually to meet him in person a few times. The John Dee site was his passion where we got a glimpse of not only who he was and what he loved but also brought us all into his personal life through his journals. John also created a site which in many ways created not only a tight group of enthusiasts but also created a family like environment. Without him this site would have never existed, we would never had a glimpse into himself and his life or even known who he was and how passionate he was in more ways than one for the sport. He created a site that brought us all together and without it I wouldn't have made and forged some of the great friendships I have made throughout the years I have been on the site. He created a home for people with the same interests as he had. He will truly be missed by many and I hope his site, his vision will be able to continue. Good bye my friend, may you rest in peace. I also wish to send my deepest sympathies to his family and loved ones.

600_RMK_144

gasped out loud when I just saw this. Very sad to hear. As others mentioned, his journals and his forecasts are a part of our daily lives, especially during "snow season." I too often send screen shots of the brightly lite snow forecast maps to friends / family to show my excitement. Honestly won't know what to do without those?!?! Although I never had the pleasure to meet John in person, his passion for the sport and his FAMILY shined thru on this site. With that, I (along with many, many others) felt like I DID know him. He will be missed by many.

attakman

This is extremely sad news....I knew John back when I was the morning man at WOLV in Houghton (for about a year)...John was my meteorologist..we chatted every morning...he took me riding several times that year, and we remained in contact for years after I moved back to northern Wisconsin...I even added some sponsor to this site for him back then, and have done trail reports for 20 something years....he reached out to me last season, and we had a pleasant conversation....this is just shocking to me....my condolences to Nora, Gracie, and his family...You will be missed John...RIP buddy :cry:

RobX-1

Like so many others have posted, I was shocked to learn of John's passing. He truly built something special with this site where many feel a close bond to a person they've never met. Like others, my son and I always enjoyed reading up on the weater forecasts the days preceeding our trip. God speed JD and my deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

brad460

Such sad news- Winters will never be the same. Been Following his forecasts for what feels like most of my life. It was the first place I’d come every single morning Dec-March to check the weather. His snowfall predictions were always on the optimistic side- exactly what all us winter lovers needed to see every day to get us excited..This little piece of our lives is gone for ever.

jinxx

Thoughts and Prayers for his family, he will be missed.
I will still follow his site daily as i have .
RIP Brother

Wow ,what can you say that hasn't been said. I have been a John Dee follower for many years. Goes back to when John had the Polcat to ride out of Lake Linden. I lived my U.P. life through John and his journals and snow stories. I met John many years ago at my U.P. Mom, Sandy Krupp cabins. It was a short meeting ,but I remember how nice he was. Sandy always talked highly of John. Last year toward the end of Johns forecasts in March, he talked about changing his name from REV SNOWFLAKE to something else. I sent him my old license plate that I had. It read SNONUT1 I thought it would be perfect for the new garage. He really loved the snow and the U.P. To Nora, Grace and the John Dee family you have my deepest condolences and many prayers! I can't help but wonder what a great site it was to see the RAINBOW BRIDGE when John meet all his four legged buddies! R.I.P. John You were truly one of a kind and will be deeply missed. Jake

My heart felt condolences go to the John Dee family, Nora and Gracie. I’m happy I had the pleasure to meet John back in the day down in Milwaukee. A true gentleman he was. Sundays won’t be the same, snow forecasts will never be the same. We all lived a life through John’s eyes and words. Every journal he wrote was special gift that no one else could ever give on this earth. Thank You for years of enjoyment John. Maybe one day in the future Gracie can follow her father’s footsteps and update us on their life adventures. God bless. May John live on with the memories we share of him.

SledTL

Like so many, this site has become a part of our everyday lives, mine for the last 14+ years. The snow church was fitting because we all would religiously log into our computers every day just to check the newest forecast at 9AM. I have yet to find anyone else who loved weather and snow as much as John did, and that excitement came across in his work. I've never actually met anyone from this site or John, but it easily feels like some of these people are family. Read so much about trials and tribulations, and our love for sleds in the upper midwest. Heck even my wife knows if I am not answering right away I am probably posting away on JD. Terribly sorry for your loss Nora and Grace.
Think Snow!!

mattyp

RIP John and my condolences to the family. Thank you, and you will be missed!! Enjoy "the ride" all, cause you never know....

warner

Everyday for years i have checked this site in the morning to start my day, loved reading his journal entries and his weather forecasts.
Thank you John, Rest in Peace my Friend.