John Dee

kip

Yeah slimcake mentioned to me when I broke the news to him that we wouldn't have met and done business together if it wasn't for John. I remember making the phone call asking John to break the end of Yamaha sled news for me on his site. Sitting in my blind yesterday I did shed some tears thinking about John and his family. Whenever he came into the shop he always had a smile on his face. He was a genuine individual that made a difference. Making a difference in this life is what really matters and he certainly embodied that. RIP John and thanks for everything. Heartfelt condolences to the Dee family and many prayers.

bigkevs

Shocking news! So sad to hear of John's passing. He will be greatly missed. I've been checking this site out for years, received alot of advice, and learned of John's family and his life. Condolences to the family, RIP John!

gpt

Deepest sympathies and condolences to Nora, Grace, family and friends. May you know God's peace during this very difficult time.

Hopefully someone closer to the family can setup a GiveSendGo.com or other fundraising account that we can have the honor of contributing to.

cats19

So incredibly sad beyond words. He was a legend, an absolute legend. Does anyone know what happened? His last journal on Oct 30 talked about how he was at Mayo for 7 days for his heart/kidneys. I'm just wondering what would have happened in the following two weeks? I just can't believe this, been checking his forecasts for so so many years. RIP JD, you were the best.

rayds

Never having met John, I feel like I have. I would read his journal and other postings on his site. John was one of the most positive people, in spite of the challenges thrown his way. Words cannot take away the pain of the loss for his family. I hope they know the positive impact John has made for everyone

whitehorse

Very sad day for the JD community....our thoughts and prayers to John's family.

I wish I could have met the man that gave me the extra passion for the upcoming winter and sledding seasons. Like many, this website was the first place I went every day praying for snow!...I will dearly miss listening and watching his snow church episodes!! ..... RIP JOHN

misty_pines

I am so sad to hear of the news about John. I in shock still. Although I've never met John, I feel like I knew him as he was so open and sharing on this site. I know he was an amazing person in all ways. He will be greatly missed. I pray for blessings and comfort for Nora and Gracie and all of John's family and loved ones. Blessings to you all as you deal with this very difficult loss.

wiscrev

I met John at the Milwaukee Snow Show 10 years ago. Stayed on touch with him personally thru this site. I had the privilege to host John here at the Derby 3 years ago when we had the Snowcross races. He was in town, gave me a buzz, and met across the street at Track Side so I could get him VIP parking and in the gate. He stayed for a few hours, took pics, and we talked about him and the family coming back in the future as guests for a Sunday final to say a few words before the championship race. He was such a great guy; this is a big loss for the sport. We lost another here at the Derby just days ago, our Race Director, Bruce Cassens was called to glory. Both too young to leave so soon. Prayers to the family and all who mourn. Rev

Hoosier

So sorry to hear this. I don't have words. Met him once, been on this site since about the beginning, but I feel like I know him anyway. Prayers for his wife and daughter and family and friends.

byrn71

Very sad news. My thoughts and prayers to John's family. I met almost all of my riding crew through this site. Always enjoyed the make a wish event's as well. You will be missed. RIP John

windingtrailgal

I’ve been around here since the beginning and although I rarely post, I can honestly say I’ve read every single journal he’s posted on the website. Because of this I feel like I knew John very well, despite having never met him. He was so positive all the time and constantly wrote about how blessed he was to live where he did and to have the family/friends he had. He just recently wrote in one of the journals, I believe even before the tree incident, about living every day like it’s your last because you just never know. I feel just awful for Nora and Grace. So sad.
Well said. I used to come to the discussion boards daily. Still came to read his journals. Feels like I lost a friend today as I’m sure it does for so many others who “knew” John through this site.

wisco-mb

RIP JD. Your kindness and passion for the outdoors and sports was unmatched. I haven't been on here too long, but love hearing all the stories from others. Great man and will be missed. A memorial on the trail would be great. A gofundme would be great to get something setup for the family or memorial.

mikes99ss

I'm not very computer savvy, but would it be possible for somebody to set up a GoFundMe page for them. He has given us all so incredibly much. It would be amazing for us to be able to have a few moments to give back, at least cover his services so at this difficult time the family doesn't have to worry about that.

matti

I'm so sorry to hear this and I wish the best for his family. I'm not a snowmobiler but I always enjoy coming to this site to get the latest on the snow scene in WI and the UP. When talking with my family (none of whom are snowmobilers, either) about weather, we'd often reference the latest from John's forecast. John Dee said this, John Dee said that! I'm very sad but also happy that I've stumbled into this community.

Rocketman356!

John Dee God bless you
Jus a good humble man with a smile for all
He will leave a lasting impression on all that was fortunate to cross a path with him