Large gear bag!!!

doo_dr

I am looking for a large gear bag. Approx 36x14x14". Pockets at each end that can hold boots. Center area big enough for helmet, jacket, bibs, and extras. I really don't care if it has wheels. Most of what I am seeing out there is either cheap or to small. I want a bag big enough that "all" of someone's gear will fit in it. Like maybe the Wife's!!!! Any leads are appreciated!!

Get a big plastic tote. That's what I use. Everything stays dry. Lid locks on. I also run some duct tape around it just in case.

doo_dr

That may be good for you and I but it is for someone special!!!! That doesn't work all things equal. Thanks and keep them coming.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
doo,
I have a BRP Ski Doo brand, but all mfr's sell them. I would think there are non-brand specifics out there too. Mine is as you describe, boots go in one end, helmet in the other, bibs, gloves, jacket in the middle section.

Probably the only drawback is with all that gear it's kind of clumsy and heavy to handle through doorways, stairs, etc.

Should also mention they're convenient at the end of the season once everything is washed and cleaned. I store all the gear in this bag, out of sight and all together in the same place.

It's very durable, I've had it for a few years now and use it on every trip. Not sure what it cost as it was a gift from my wife.

Gary

AnnaWL

Dave B has a large bag that, I'm pretty sure, held all of his gear. I don't remember who made it. I'd PM him. I'd like a bag like that too...

russholio

I like Snow_Dog's idea, with a twist -- if you decide to look at hockey gear bags, try goalie bags -- they hold a lot of stuff!

jr37

Which ever large gear bag you go with, you won't regret it. They are a little clumsy, but worth it. I wish my bag was a little bigger.

Polarice

I use a Cabela's guidewear bag. I got it free when I bought some bibs and a jacket. It will hold everything. I have large and xlarge stuff and size 13 boots and all fits. It's tight to get the helmet in but it can be done. I just carry the helmet separate though.

indy_500

I have a ginormous Polaris bag. I've seen it at the milwaukee snow show, it's probably 10 years old i'm guessing. I paid $5 for it. Raisin bran is a size reference. If it's completly full, it takes 2 guys to pick it up.

Attachments

• bag 001.jpg
    bag 001.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 50

johnnyblaze

I've always used a large hockey equipment bag. They work great. Mine has an extendable handle on one end with wheels on the other end, so you can pull it around like regular luggage.

doospunk

Get a big plastic tote. That's what I use. Everything stays dry. Lid locks on. I also run some duct tape around it just in case.

Go to your local sports store, and pick up a hockey bag. I use my ITEC bag from my playing days. Side pockets on each end with a few other storage spots aside from the main compartment. It fits all my clothes. Base, mid and outer layers, street clothes, boots, gear, etc. Only leaves me with my helment bag, and tools!

dew69

Klim has a couple here http://www.klimusa.com/catalog/Bags,17.htm .
I bought one (Team Gear bag)two years ago at Haydays, it holds all my gear plus my clothes for the week. I do pack light and bring just the essentials. My old bag was a Poalris gera bag, that too was large enough to pack all my gear and clothes.

Last edited:

ilindy

I got a gear bag from Gander Mountain a couple years ago for $20! It holds all my stuff, boots, helmet, bibs, etc and I am not a small person. I think I have even fit regular clothes in it for short weekend trips. It is not as heavy duty as some of the pricey ones but I haven't had any problems with it. If I do, I got several years use out of it and it cost $20. It has a main area, two end pockets that will fit boots, and a small zippered pocket on the outside for maps, etc.