Let's see your spring/summer toys!!

sweeperguy

This used to be mine, now it's my daughters. We put pink pinstripes in the black to feminize it when she started driving it. I still get to work on it of course. The last thing we did was put gen 5 tailights in it. It had led sequential blinkers before, but the new style was worth spending money on. The front blinkers are custom sequential also, not available as a bolt on, so I mounted sequential arrow blinkers into the stock blinker housing. One of my favorite touches is the headlight treatment, the led's on bottom edge turn on with ignition. The horn whinnies like a horse followed by galloping hooves. Huge stereo, started as a shaker 500, I added new head unit, touch screen, DVD player, camera capable, Huge amp, 2, 12" subs in trunk, plus oem subs in doors, kept oem shaker amp. The blacked out windshield frame I think is a nice touch, makes it disappear compared to it being silver.
When I bought this it was plain silver, I got the Boss stripe graphics and applied them myself. Had I known Ford would re release a
New Boss Mustang in 2012, I might have done something different.
IMG_20150703_173559_zpstorjvifd.jpg
IMG_20150703_173228_zpsg2is916u.jpg
IMG_20150703_173147_zpsl3qiwz3h.jpg

Last edited:

just_ride

nice ride sweeperguy, I always liked the way those 1970 Yellow Boss 302 looked
your daughter is lucky to have a dad like you to keep working on her car.
very nice! drive and enjoy!

cuzzinolaf

now that's a rare car, they didn't make many and Most people beat those cars... they are fast. any performance mods or is that stock?
only 34K, did you get it out this year?
thanks

Sorry, haven't been here much for the summer. It looks stock but isn't. I dyno'ed it at 501 rwhp and my best time to date with a bad launch is 11.1 @ 122 mph. I've had it out some but have been spending a lot more time on the bike.

just_ride

Cuzz,
thanks for the info. I have not been on much this summer either.
I think they made about 5512 GNs in 86 but made about 20,193 GNs in 87, so not as rare as I thought. But they were touted as being faster than the Corvette and Camaro that year doing 13.8 @ 100 mph stock.
Have Fun!

cuzzinolaf

Cuzz,
thanks for the info. I have not been on much this summer either.
I think they made about 5512 GNs in 86 but made about 20,193 GNs in 87, so not as rare as I thought. But they were touted as being faster than the Corvette and Camaro that year doing 13.8 @ 100 mph stock.
Have Fun!

Yea, they were the fastest production car in 1987. I always wanted an 86 but am happy with my current car because of a few rare options. I don't know how many were made like mine but it is possible it might be one of the most heavily optioned GNs built.