Looking to purchase some new boots...

mattyp

Looking to get a new pair of boots this fall and was looking for opinions. I want them for snowmobiling but also for other things(shoveling, playing with the kids in the snow, etc.). I have tried on some different pair of Klims in the past but they don't seem very mobile. Don't mind spending some money on a good quality pair that will last. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

renegade

I have two pairs of La Crosse hunting boats. 800 Gram and 1600 gram. They both work great for everything, never have cold feet, and the 1600 gram it must be cold to wear riding, or they will be too warm. The are nice and light, too. I paid between $80-$100 at a local hardware store who carries them. He is very competitive. I do need a new pair of the 800 gram after wearing them for 7 years. For the money, they a work very well in all situations and they have never let me down.

indy_500

Im going on my 4th season with my Klim Adrenaline GTX they are awesome boots. They are holding up great (ive put on over 10k miles with them the last 3 seasons) they are very dry and very warm. Almost never have to throw them on the boot dryer.

I've gone the same direction as Renegade, but mine are Irish Setter 600 gram never wet never cold and easy to wear for many other uses.

jr37

I have been wearing Rocky's for many years. The last ones I had/have, I just wore the sole right off of them. They were 1000 grams Thinsulate. The new ones I got last year are also Rocky's and they are a high boot with 1000 grams Thinsulate. I buy Rockys because they are light and warm. I have had pac boots that don't compare in warmth. I use them for making firewood in the snow, signing trails, riding, plowing snow, playing with the kids. I think they are a great boot, and you don't have to pay for the Klim name.

Woodtic

I have two pair of Sorels. Both pair are over 5 years old, one pair for work and the other for play. Never cold or wet. Paid well under 100$ at Farm and fleet. Could someone explain this Klim fedesh?never mind,don't care!

polarisrider1

Bill Townsend boots by RUOutside. Love them. they are now a collecter item. Trukke built very good boots. looking for a left foot liner for that pair. (dog ate it).

- - - Updated - - -

I have two pair of Sorels. Both pair are over 5 years old, one pair for work and the other for play. Never cold or wet. Paid well under 100$ at Farm and fleet. Could someone explain this Klim fedesh?never mind,don't care!

www.roblox.com/Fedesh-swag-item?id=112117641

ezra

I am going on yr 4 with these http://www.columbia.com/Men’s-Bugaboot™-Plus-II-Omni-Heat®/BM3876,default,pd.html
I got them at gander mtn on clearance for like 60 bucks great boot. I think this will prob be last yr sole is getting pretty chewed up.
but with the new boards they all get chewed .
my bud got his klims same yr we always ride together his soles are just as shot .he picked up the motorfist boots at hay days.
I will be cruising the otdoor stores this late winter for some more 1/2 off bugaboot

uncle_ed

I have a few different boots to choose from that fit my needs over the seasons. I like goretex for hunting and pre-freeze season, but find nylon-snow resistant boots work well for me when sledding. I tried klim adrenaline boots but they were to gtx for me and went with a cheaper pair of kamik greenbay boots last season that have worked well so far. They are so light that you hardly know you have them on and warm enough when riding on a sled. I know they are old school and no fashion statement but they work!

jedoyle

FXR X-Cross -> very comfortable, warm & protect your feet and ankles well.
2 years ago at Haydays I had 1 of these in 1 hand and 1 of the Klim Adrenaline boots in my other hand and I opted for the FXR because the Klim's were so darn heavy. I just didn't want a boot that heavy.