Looking to purchase some new boots...

ezra

u dont want the fxr or hmk if wanting to use as a all around boot unless u like walking around in a stiff snowboard boot.

groomerdriver

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this but I'm going on my 26th season of wearing the same LaCrosse Iceman boots. Sure i've put in new liners through the years but just like the Energizer Bunny, they keep going and going! If they would ever wear through the bottoms or fall apart I'd buy a new pair of "something"....but until that happens and Obama puts money IN my pocket (yea right)....I'll keep wearing them. Not light weight by no means but for the way I ride they're perfect!

polarisrider1

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this but I'm going on my 26th season of wearing the same LaCrosse Iceman boots. Sure i've put in new liners through the years but just like the Energizer Bunny, they keep going and going! If they would ever wear through the bottoms or fall apart I'd buy a new pair of "something"....but until that happens and Obama puts money IN my pocket (yea right)....I'll keep wearing them. Not light weight by no means but for the way I ride they're perfect!

I have Icemans that are 20 plus years old. I am saving them. About 6 years ago they needed liners. Where do I get them from. Those are the best of the best if you have the "stock" liners in them.

D

Deleted member 10829

I have had those same boots for 20+ years but I have never changed the liner! LOL I just got a brand new pair of Klim Arctic boots from Kip but will keep the Iceman's for snowblowing etc.

bearrassler

I also have a pair of Lacrosse Iceman's that I got in the early 90's, before that I had some Sorel's for over 20 years. Two pair of boots in over 40 years.

polarisrider1

I have had those same boots for 20+ years but I have never changed the liner! LOL I just got a brand new pair of Klim Arctic boots from Kip but will keep the Iceman's for snowblowing etc.

One of the liners got chewed up by my daughters "missing" Hamster. boot was laying on its side. Thought, "Heck I can get replacement anywhere". No such luck. I moved the liners out of my Trukks into the iceman but not the same, not even close. I bought the Icemans just about the time "Mickey Mouse" boots went back out of fashion. My wife says that was about 25 years ago, I bought them. time flies.

groomerdriver

I have Icemans that are 20 plus years old. I am saving them. About 6 years ago they needed liners. Where do I get them from. Those are the best of the best if you have the "stock" liners in them.

After searching high and low for Iceman liners, I bought liners at Fleet Farm. Don't remember the brand but I like them better than the Iceman liners. Warmer and more comfortable.

POLARISDAN

I have been wearing Rocky's for many years. The last ones I had/have, I just wore the sole right off of them. They were 1000 grams Thinsulate. The new ones I got last year are also Rocky's and they are a high boot with 1000 grams Thinsulate. I buy Rockys because they are light and warm. I have had pac boots that don't compare in warmth. I use them for making firewood in the snow, signing trails, riding, plowing snow, playing with the kids. I think they are a great boot, and you don't have to pay for the Klim name.

yup..rockies it is..best all around ive worn

indy_500

Hmmm well I had a pair of Rocky's don't remember what they're called but ran me about $80. I was sick of wet feet my mom couldn't believe how wet my socks were so I picked out my klim Adrenalines and haven't looked back. My mom figured my feet must sweat a lot and she needed new boots so she took them. Wore them one ride... Soaked feet off to the garbage went some less than a year old $80 Rocky's...

doofan1

How are those to walk in?

I had to throw out my old sorels 22 years on them and they finally wore out. Bought some know off brand and my feet get cold. Forze last weekend sitting in the deer stand. Would like one pair of boots to wear hunting, snow blowing ice fishing and riding.

Thanks