Make-A-Wish Sled II

garyl62

Thanks for bringing this back to the top Kelly. You did an awesome job and deserve a ton of thanks as well. Glad you have this painting as a reminder of the entire project and I hope it will bring joy to you for a long time to come!

skiroule

The drawing power of johndee.com

Never doubt the drawing power of johndee.com.

I was making my usual pass through the vintage sled website classifieds tonight and I ran across an ad posted by a guy in Quebec City that was looking for seat components for a 76 TX. He posted this photo with the ad (although this sled does not need any seat items):

b268927f-86a5-46ae-abda-91e08dcf170c_zpsjbfqen2t.jpg

I looked at it for a while, thinking it looked familiar and then it hit me....it was sitting in my driveway. Sure enough it was a photo of the 2015 Make-Wish-Sled, one of the first photos John posted in his journals and is also the same photo that is in the 4th or 5th post of this thread.

Apparently the advertiser must have liked the look of the sled enough to poach the photo from this website to use as a tag for his ad. I thought it was kind of funny. Too bad I don't have a seat to sell him.

D

Deleted member 10829

That's cool you would happen to catch that! You should ask him if he wants to sell his sled. ;)

jd

Administrator
Staff member
That sled, as well as the other were incredible feats of restoration and were both museum caliber.

You are a pro Kelly!