Make-A-Wish sled restoration project.

polarisrider1

Okay guys let's help Snoluver1 out. It is a great cause and he is working hard on this project. He could use some donations of time or money to get this sled ready for the JDee ride in and Make a wish fund raiser.

snoluver1

Thanks for the help guys!

Phazer, I just saw this at 10 pm. I'll give you a call tomorrow. Thanks!

The more help I can get with this, the quicker it can get done. I'm not looking for large donations. If just a small fraction of the almost 15K Johndee members could throw in a few bucks each, we would be in good shape.

I know this particular model snowmobile may not be in high demand from a collector point of view, but I think it will make a fun little toy for someone to take out on vintage rides and such. The fact that its not a museum piece means you actually get to ride it with out too many worries also. Thats my goal here. To make a nice "driver" that someone can have fun with.

eagle1

Okay guys let's help Snoluver1 out. It is a great cause and he is working hard on this project. He could use some donations of time or money to get this sled ready for the JDee ride in and Make a wish fund raiser.

Just sent $20. :)

No trip this weekend so might as well start spending it somewhere. Come on folks it's for a great cause.........CHALLENGE!!

snoluver1

Thanks to all who have donated so far! Phazerpilot has graciously offered to donate the paint supplies for the project, and also offered to do the job in his spray booth, which will be a huge convenience over me spraying it in my garage. Thanks Phazerpilot!!

Aside from the paint products, I have yet to have any luck soliciting parts for the sled. Its looking more and more like the only way this is going to get done is with cash. I have a trolling motor up for sale to help fund the project. Its probably not the best time to be selling a boat accessory but heck, with the way this winter is going so far you just might be able to use it!:(

Anyway you can view it here: http://www.johndee.com/vbulletin/sh...-trolling-motor-Proceeds-going-to-Make-A-Wish!!

skiroule

Man and I thought I was a tight wad. :eek: Come on folks step up!!

Eagle1, you probably are a tightwad but that's beside the point.

I know when I've taken a glove slap to the face so half a honey bee is on its way. Maybe more later if I can skip the feed trough once in a while. I want to see this thing done!

chadlyt

hopefully more funds will come in. of course, everyone love pics. the more pics, the more people get interested.

skiroule

hopefully more funds will come in. of course, everyone love pics. the more pics, the more people get interested.

Yeah, pics are good! They take a little time but they do get people fired up. I'm really impressed with all the work that has been done so far.

Maybe this could become an annual thing. Heck, maybe we could have a build-off!

8rgade@att.net

I found a 76 tunnel and belly pan in mint shape. Its in lower MI if you are interested let me know. Looks like a good gas tank too. I would bring it up for a chance to ride some back country with some of you guys.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Some nice donations have come in this week, but looking at all that needs to be done, they will not cover everything. So any more donations would be greatly appreciated!

-John

skiroule

Snoluver,
You've probably already been scouring the websites but if you are still in need of some things, you might want to try a fellow that has several postings of Ski-Doo stuff on vintagesleds.com. His name is D.R. Jones and he's located in Southern MN. Don't know if these guys are very good about answering email but his contact info is as follows:

Ph: 1-507-665-3837
email: skidoodr@hotmail.com

Also, checkout the website. In one of his posts there is a photo of a bunch of vintage TNTs that look like they might be complete and/or parts machines so if you've hit a wall on some parts, give him a try.

snoluver1

I found a 76 tunnel and belly pan in mint shape. Its in lower MI if you are interested let me know. Looks like a good gas tank too. I would bring it up for a chance to ride some back country with some of you guys.

Holy bajeebers, I wish you were on here a month ago! I have so much time and effort into the one I have, I would hate to start over now. Even if it is mint, it is still a ton of work just getting the paint off. I could definitely use some parts off it though. The rear trim piece that the snowflap mounts to is broken(although fixable) on mine, and I could use the front bumper if that is still there.
Also I am searching for a different hood. If anyone has a line on one please let me know!

snoluver1

Snoluver,
You've probably already been scouring the websites but if you are still in need of some things, you might want to try a fellow that has several postings of Ski-Doo stuff on vintagesleds.com. His name is D.R. Jones and he's located in Southern MN. Don't know if these guys are very good about answering email but his contact info is as follows:

Ph: 1-507-665-3837
email: skidoodr@hotmail.com

Also, checkout the website. In one of his posts there is a photo of a bunch of vintage TNTs that look like they might be complete and/or parts machines so if you've hit a wall on some parts, give him a try.

Thanks, I'll check it out.:)

snoluver1

This is the hood I'm looking for. I would try to fix it if I could but the whole left rear corner is missing. If anybody spots one drop me a line please.

PC161328.jpg
[/IMG]
PC161330.jpg
[/IMG]
PC161329.jpg
[/IMG]

polarisrider1

My brother has a bunch of the parts you need. He comes off as a pain in the rear, but He is running a pretty good size sled salvage Co. on his own. And is limited on time. I will meet you if you drive up and work on him to give us a bunch of the stuff you need. He has barns full of sled parts. He has a nice 440 that will bolt right in that is ready to roll. You just happen to need parts that he has not catergorized yet. (Nash I know I missed spelled that one). You will need a few hours to look and it is 3.5 hrs. from Chicago to his place. So plan a full day. You are actually close compared to most who travel for his wears. He stocks the hard to find stuff. Worth a look.

snoluver1

Your brother sounds like a nice enough guy, and he sounds like he really knows his vintage stuff, but he told me flat out he wouldn't look for anything unless I was standing in front of him with cash in hand. Understandable, he is trying to run a business, but from my point, I kinda need some confirmation before I spend 7-8 hours on the road, round trip. Gas ain't exactly cheap. I can't justify driving all the way there, not even knowing for sure if he has anything for me, and also not knowing what kind of coin he is going to want for it.

skiroule

Snoluver,

Since I'd rather see you building, I'm willing to do some parts leg work if anything turns up within a few hours drive. I can call the guy in LeSueur tomorrow if you like. Also, there is a guy in Albert Lea that is selling a 76 TNT Everest complete (not sure of the difference) with a frozen motor. I can give him a call as well.

I'm guess if PR1's brother has a major salvage yard, he also probably has what you need. I would be willing to venture into enemy territory to check out his parts if it will help. Obviously the hood is a priority item and if there is anything other major items, maybe you can post a list.

There's still time to get this done and it just happens that I have time off between Christmas and New Years and I could put it to good use chasing parts. If you want to PM me a phone number maybe we could solve some of the parts problems.

skiroule

Talked to a couple of big boneyards here in MN today. Both claimed a high probability of having a hood. From what I gather, the 75 and 76 fan hoods have slightly different graphics but are they the same otherwise? Multi-year application would increase the likelihood of finding one.

I think I'll make up a few hours at work this weekend and if nothing shakes loose your end, I'll make a day tour next week, probably Wednesday. If I find a decent one that isn't priced like NOS, I'll grab it. Then we'll worry about how to get it to you.

Never mind the parts list. I found it in a previous post

Keep forgetting that PR1 lives in lower MI. Guess that would be quite a drive for me, LOL!