My vehicle was totaled by my insurance company

pclark

Ouch!! For the GX460 Utility 4 dr KBB shows a Trade Value of $20,66 to $23,097 ave of $21582. Private Party Sale of $21,702 to $24,955 ave $23,329.
Prices reflect your zip code as well as with standard equipment & vehicle in very good condition. Again, Private Party sale price as well as cost of what is available comparatively speaking in your area should be the guide for value. New tires are an add to the value as well & I know they will ask for receipt of what was paid. Keep in mind, prices of used vehicles are selling on the top end, some with many more miles on them than yours. Good luck,.
I was offered $25,075 but I am going to ask for a little more and hope for the best. Thanks Mezz!

m8man

Glad u are ok.

i had a GMC Acadia Acadia Denali that I was totaled in a nasty T bone at highway speed. my ins co took care of me with some help from a good agent. It was work on my part for receipts and such but amount did bump up.
best wishes and remember we can always replace “stuff”

uncle_ed

trail.JPG sled.JPG
One of our group hit a deer in the u.p. some years ago. Scary stuff but he was ok and able to strap his sled together and drive the rest of the day.

mezz

Glad u are ok.

i had a GMC Acadia Acadia Denali that I was totaled in a nasty T bone at highway speed. my ins co took care of me with some help from a good agent. It was work on my part for receipts and such but amount did bump up.
best wishes and remember we can always replace “stuff”
Thanks for the compliment, that's something you don't get too often in this business.

600_RMK_144

View attachment 69914 View attachment 69915
One of our group hit a deer in the u.p. some years ago. Scary stuff but he was ok and able to strap his sled together and drive the rest of the day.
My worst fear, next to someone on my side coming around a blind corner. Nearly had the latter two years ago as a Poo Boost came flying by. Know it was a boost cuz he was completely sideways, giving me a PERFECT view of the BOOST sticker on his tank.

hermie

That offer doesn't sound that bad. Hopefully you can get a little more but I would definitely say they are not low balling you. If that is there 1 st offer it's much better than I got for our CRV.

pclark

I managed to get it bumped up by $1,000 so we’ll just move on and see what we can find to replace it. Thanks for everyone’s help!

hermie

Every little bit helps. Some of the good news is at least inventory for cars is much better than a year or 2 ago. That was the big problem we had was finding a replacement car. I am more of a buying used vehicle with lower miles at a lower cost. My wife wanted the same basic vehicle she had before the guy clocked her. There was not many low mile CRV tourings to be found. We paid a little more than I wanted but Honda had 3.29 interest rate on certified used Hondas so that more than made up for it. Good luck in finding your new car.

pclark

Every little bit helps. Some of the good news is at least inventory for cars is much better than a year or 2 ago. That was the big problem we had was finding a replacement car. I am more of a buying used vehicle with lower miles at a lower cost. My wife wanted the same basic vehicle she had before the guy clocked her. There was not many low mile CRV tourings to be found. We paid a little more than I wanted but Honda had 3.29 interest rate on certified used Hondas so that more than made up for it. Good luck in finding your new car.
Thanks, checking out a couple in MSP on Friday

whitedust

Good luck Paul car dealers are trying to buy good used cars here the consumer can’t afford the price for new cars and new inventory is building up on car lots. I wonder when dealers will start putting a hold on new car orders? It’s coming not quite there yet.

pclark

Good luck Paul car dealers are trying to buy good used cars here the consumer can’t afford the price for new cars and new inventory is building up on car lots. I wonder when dealers will start putting a hold on new car orders? It’s coming not quite there yet.
Agree with Pete, I think we are headed for a rough period for big ticket items. People just don’t have any disposable income right now.

whitedust

Paul I don’t know how hurting you are for a truck /car but when it was time for me to buy new in 2015 I checked out every brand from Vilas to Wausau. I had 2 gas guzzlers at the time a Tahoe and an Avalanche and time for the Tahoe to go for something more economical and it needed to be good off grid too. You name it I looked at it ended up with a 4 cylinder Subaru Outback loaded with eyesight. I still have it and it’s great in the snow, good ground clearance 33 mpg but spunky engine responds well. They now have turbos on the boxer 4 engine but mpg drop. If you have the time do the comparos test drives tell the story some I tested were twitchy steering and some suspensions were lumber wagons and some engines were complete turds. Lol. Take your time if you can lots of difference in Northwoods dealerships at the time they were very old school beat you up sales style. Walked out on one told another he was an out and out liar I knew more about the product than he did. For the most part dealers in Wausau were much more professional. Hopefully all goes well for you.

wiscrev

Paul I don’t know how hurting you are for a truck /car but when it was time for me to buy new in 2015 I checked out every brand from Vilas to Wausau. I had 2 gas guzzlers at the time a Tahoe and an Avalanche and time for the Tahoe to go for something more economical and it needed to be good off grid too. You name it I looked at it ended up with a 4 cylinder Subaru Outback loaded with eyesight. I still have it and it’s great in the snow, good ground clearance 33 mpg but spunky engine responds well. They now have turbos on the boxer 4 engine but mpg drop. If you have the time do the comparos test drives tell the story some I tested were twitchy steering and some suspensions were lumber wagons and some engines were complete turds. Lol. Take your time if you can lots of difference in Northwoods dealerships at the time they were very old school beat you up sales style. Walked out on one told another he was an out and out liar I knew more about the product than he did. For the most part dealers in Wausau were much more professional. Hopefully all goes well for you.
I looked for months for a newer p/u. Couldn't get one in the Northwoods----everything to expensive. Finally picked up a 2023 Silverado in with 11000 miles in Springfield, MO. Figured I saved 4-6M. My dealer here was not happy but I said, "Hey, I tried for over 2 months and you wouldn't deal." I had told them straight out that I would drive 1000 miles to get a deal and that's what I did! [Helps when you oldest lives in Springfield, MO and had been in the business and I didn't even drive there, I was on my way back from Destin at the time, lol]

jime

I see more than 20% off MSRP, 5.3 1500, at Webber chevy of st louis. It was worth the drive. Local dealers maybe did a better job of clearing the lot of inventory and these guys just want to move units.
I looked for months for a newer p/u. Couldn't get one in the Northwoods----everything to expensive. Finally picked up a 2023 Silverado in with 11000 miles in Springfield, MO. Figured I saved 4-6M. My dealer here was not happy but I said, "Hey, I tried for over 2 months and you wouldn't deal." I had told them straight out that I would drive 1000 miles to get a deal and that's what I did! [Helps when you oldest lives in Springfield, MO and had been in the business and I didn't even drive there, I was on my way back from Destin at the time, lol]

pclark

Thanks Pete, we are in a little bit of a time crunch but we’ll find something. Heading over to MSP next Friday to look at a few vehicles and hopefully driving one home.