My vehicle was totaled by my insurance company

indy_500

Yes, we almost bought one but we run our vehicles a good 10 years. I am firm believer in maintaining vehicles and if you do that they will last. My only strike against the Ford Explorer was the 4 cylinder, the turbo gave it plenty of power but I wasn’t sold that it would last as long as we wanted. We have always leaned towards V-8’s but with gas prices being what they are it felt like the time to get a vehicle that gets better mileage.
I hear ya, I am skeptical on the longevity as well, as my 15 f150 ecoboost started causing me a few headaches as I reached 80k miles. Don’t plan to own this explorer past that kind of mileage anyways, it’s a 2020 and she only has put 32k on it so far. Hasn’t needed anything done to it except oil changes and new tires last fall thus far.

timo

A good friend has a Toyota Rav4 Hybrid. Gets 44mph. Wow! My prob is where to get them worked on. Nothing close.
It's a Toyota,,, you prolly won't have to do a thing for its first 10 years.
Where do you live you don't have like 5 Toyota dealerships within 30 minutes of you?

indy_500

Where do you live you don't have like 5 Toyota dealerships within 30 minutes of you?
He lives in St Germain

But as mentioned there is a dealer in Rhinelander.

Magnumb

Some of the newer Toyotas are not the same unfortunately. Quality has gone down:(

whitedust

Due to population density only 1 in the WI Northwoods I know of that is in Rhinelander and my experience with them looking at new Rav 4 was terrible pretty darn bad right there at the bottom of the barrel with one other dealer that was equally bad news. Hate to say it but the Northwoods is not a good place to purchase or service a car at most dealers. 🤷‍♂️

pclark

I hear ya, I am skeptical on the longevity as well, as my 15 f150 ecoboost started causing me a few headaches as I reached 80k miles. Don’t plan to own this explorer past that kind of mileage anyways, it’s a 2020 and she only has put 32k on it so far. Hasn’t needed anything done to it except oil changes and new tires last fall thus far.

Due to population density only 1 in the WI Northwoods I know of that is in Rhinelander and my experience with them looking at new Rav 4 was terrible pretty darn bad right there at the bottom of the barrel with one other dealer that was equally bad news. Hate to say it but the Northwoods is not a good place to purchase or service a car at most dealers. 🤷‍♂️
Pete, agree with you on the dealers and their prices. I had to take the Tahoe into Marthaler Chevrolet in Minocqua to have the throttle body replaced and they had me in and out of there in a couple of hours and it was under $300. I was fairly impressed, otherwise I use a local guy in MW that does good work on older vehicles like my Tahoe.

whitedust

Pete, agree with you on the dealers and their prices. I had to take the Tahoe into Marthaler Chevrolet in Minocqua to have the throttle body replaced and they had me in and out of there in a couple of hours and it was under $300. I was fairly impressed, otherwise I use a local guy in MW that does good work on older vehicles like my Tahoe.
I had a good guy in Eagle River that did most of my work for along time then he had health problems so I started trying other places one in Iron River , MI that was good then he sold. I ended up getting all my work done in Appleton and Wausau at dealers during family visits.

Tim in Indiana

I have no personal experience with the Toyota dealers but I have three friends up here that are and they all have had issues at the dealer in Rhinelander and now go to Ashland for service or sales.

whitedust

I have no personal experience with the Toyota dealers but I have three friends up here that are and they all have had issues at the dealer in Rhinelander and now go to Ashland for service or sales.
Yeah I don’t know why specifically sales is joke for the most part in the Northwoods dealers and service is poor just don’t fix what’s broken then won’t stand behind their work. I gave up as your friends did most of my service was done in Wausau or Appleton. There are good private auto service organizations but unfortunately those change owners over the years and just not the same.

ddhanna

In the northwoods, you can't expect the same as what you will get in the city. Same goes for healthcare, shopping, lots of things.

pclark

So true, then again, the Northwoods obviously has things city can never offer. I like people but not everywhere I go all the time. I’m in Naperville right now, going home on Friday to the Northwoods, always good to be home.

whitedust

In the northwoods, you can't expect the same as what you will get in the city. Same goes for healthcare, shopping, lots of things.
So true regarding healthcare and shopping but automobile sales and service ain’t rocket science and sure didn’t meet my expectations.

timo

So true, then again, the Northwoods obviously has things city can never offer. I like people but not everywhere I go all the time. I’m in Naperville right now, going home on Friday to the Northwoods, always good to be home.
Ate a lot of Lou Malani's pizza in Naperville between dance completion meets.