New Polaris 800 motor

joeswitch

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if the new Polaris 800 motor is living up to all the expectations ??

Sorry if I missed a prior post.

Thanks

Joe

ezra

I have 650 miles of smiles on my 800 Pro S. When is the last time cat came with a game changer??
Game changer ? Yeah I am sure it is just a matter of time until all the OEM have some form of farm implement hanging off the tunnel. Just a joke don't get the panty's in a wadde

Last edited:
F

fusion

Like to hear any, and all.
Looking at pulling trigger on 800 PRO-R or Indy

nomus5

Rode my buddy's S800 last weekend. EXTREMELY impressive performance and great handling, but you can tell they took all of the weight and balancing out of the motor as it shakes like the paint mixer at Menards at idle and does not smooth out when riding. They finally have something that will beat my other brand 700, but after 10 miles I could not wait to get back on my sled. My 700 2-stroke felt as smooth as my wife's 1200 Rotax after getting off the S800.

As a Polaris stockholder I was very impressed and disappointed all at the same time.

slimcake

I notice no vibration.? Think it is actually smoother than my12 pro r. And talk about flat cornering!! Man this thing rocks!!

F

fusion

Kind of off topic but since someone else brought up the vibration, thought I'd chime in. When I first fired up the Rush 6, after being on Yams for the last 5 years I was surprised at the vibration in the bars, thought something was wrong. Yamaha motors twice as smooth. That said, Rush adjustability is amazing, oil usage makes owning this two stroke a non factor when considering $150 oil changes. Rush handles great but once you get used to the planted front end weight of the Yam, the Rush is a bit less stable in corners on the trail, although it does turn now with ONE, yes one, triple point on it. (took 2.5 hrs to get the ski bolt lined up)

Not really needing an 800, but there's deals all over the place on left over 2014's. So that's where I'm being led.

groomerdriver

When I first fired up the Rush 6, after being on Yams for the last 5 years I was surprised at the vibration in the bars, thought something was wrong. ......oil usage makes owning this two stroke a non factor when considering $150 oil changes. Rush handles great but once you get used to the planted front end weight of the Yam,.....

I felt the same on the vibration thing when I rode a Doo 800 last week. $150 oil changes? = would like to know where so I never take my sled there! For me it's $7 for an oil filter and 4 qts Mobil 1 0-40 @ $5/qt. + my labor and beer.

D

Deleted member 10829

Pretty hard to get the vibration out of 800's and larger. Have you ever watched a Cat 1000 idle?

F

fusion

Groomer - quit bragging about how mechanically proficient you are.
There's some things I just don't do/try, although if I wanted the frustration and 3 hours aggravation, I probably could.

groomerdriver

Groomer - quit bragging about how mechanically proficient you are.
There's some things I just don't do/try, although if I wanted the frustration and 3 hours aggravation, I probably could.

Ok.....I'll play nice with YOU. I'm a wrench cuz I've had my Vector apart so many times!!! LOL!! But next time don't pay over $100 for a dealer to change your oil OK? 3 hours? OMG... :)